Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery - Little to No Winners in Tallahassee

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mil0724.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #59579
March 20, 2008
205 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2008, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Isn't amazing to anyone that there are hardly any jackpot (Lotto, Mega Money, Fantasy 5) winners in Tallahassee which is the home of the Lottery office?  I have asked the question before of the Lottery Office.  Their response was that there have been 10 jackpot winners.  Wow, how great is that compared to more than 60 in South Florida, Miami in particular!  I just have to wonder if this is being done on purpose. 

Does anyone else wonder about that?  Check out their website on the downloads tab if you don't believe me.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2008, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Being done on purpose? How?

They rotate and switch those balls and tubes around so much that it makes them too dizzy to plan such a thing, muchless allowing the average folk playing to even have a remote chance of getting ahead of the game...lol

United States
      Member #59579
      March 20, 2008
      205 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2008, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't know that it's really done on purpose - that is probably not the right words to use but it is very odd that several other cities in the state are really saturated with winners while Tallahassee is almost void of winners.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I don't know that it's really done on purpose - that is probably not the right words to use but it is very odd that several other cities in the state are really saturated with winners while Tallahassee is almost void of winners.

You'll never have an even distribution when it comes to averages, and density of cities.

Look at it this way. For example only, not real stats. The height of the average person in the U.S. is 5' 8". That doesen't mean that in every state there will be an equal amount of people who fit that average. In some states, there may be people who are 6 feet plus making the majority, and in other states, there might be an over abundance of short people. That might make the people in that short state wonder if their state was representative of the whole U.S. But of course we all know that assumption would be absurd.

United States
          Member #59579
          March 20, 2008
          205 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Pacattack05, excellent analogy, but 10 winners since 1988 in Tallahassee to more than 60 or 70 in other cities, hmmmmmm.  I still just have to wonder.  Even so, I do understand your point.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Also, Tallahasse might not have many lottery enthusiasts as Miami does, or the population.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Pacattack05, excellent analogy, but 10 winners since 1988 in Tallahassee to more than 60 or 70 in other cities, hmmmmmm.  I still just have to wonder.  Even so, I do understand your point.

What I would suggest, is to look up the population in both cities, and also the layout and income levels. I know I'll catch some heat for saying this, but there tends to be more players in cities with lower incomes and other variables that need further investigation.

On the other hand, maybe within the next 20 years, it'll flip around...who knows, thats' when the law of averages tries to even steven it's self out and Tallahasee will start reaping..

United States
                Member #59579
                March 20, 2008
                205 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I guess that could be a possibility, however, according to the lottery office, the Tallahassee region sells as many tickets as one of the major cities which have a lot of wins although the lottery office equates most of the Tallahassee sales to persons who are traveling through Tallahassee during special legislative sessions, etc.

United States
                  Member #59579
                  March 20, 2008
                  205 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Ahh, I like the law of averages.  Based on the winners downloads, I would say that it is about time for the law of averages to turn in Tallahassee's favor so I guess I had better keep playing now.  Thanks for the excellent and insightful dialogue.