Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Format for the Ideal Lottery Pool

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2008, 3:13 am - IP Logged

I have looked at formats for good lottery pools.  Of course I believe the more people, the better the odds for you.  But I am not good at math, so you expert players and mathmeticians, please comment on:

1. The minimum jackpot your pool would play in, that is 50 mil, 100 mil, 200 mil, etc.
  2. How many members would be in the pool
  3. How much each member would play each time
  4. If playing the PB, would the pool choose the PowerPlay
  5. How many memebrs is too many/too little

Of course, I have learned here at LP and just common sense,  a pool should have:

• A clearly written contract that all members sign!
  • Terms  and Conditions defined clearly in the contract and signed and agreed to

Just looking for some good advice/suggestions.

pittsburgh
    United States
    Member #51040
    March 25, 2007
    457 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2008, 9:22 am - IP Logged

1.  120 million

2.  5-10

3.  $2

4.  No, and no quick picks.

5.  Too little for a pole= 1

Too many= 11 or more

I think most of the people in the MY pole believe, that when you were born it was known right there your fate. No matter how big or how small the adventure would be, its going to come. I mean statiscally you can give yourself better odds at hitting, but the odds are already so tremendous. If you are relying on dumb luck, then you better hope one of those people in your group were destined to hit THAT jackpot.

Because of the odds being so high, my curiosity for jackpot games didnt last long i maybe played them for a month and stuck to only 3 and 4 digits. But lately i started a pole like the one i just said. I dont have a contract, (seems to me to be too much wishing, but i do see where it can come in effect.) But i pick the numbers myself so now its like i get to use their money for my chances. They  are all aware of me picking the numbers myself, because i say you want a quick pick here is a quick pick,

3,4,5,17,49pb16

Then i say do you want a quick pick that has some brain power behind it as well, 3,13,28,29,46 pb19.

So they happily give me the 2 dollars and i play us our tickets. Didnt do too bad the last time either. since on the first time i didnt have many matches. Only won 3 dollars out of $14 first investment. So i put the slip that didnt have any hits on it for the next drawing and it hit for $114, so now the guys are anxious to get the money into future higher jackpots because Wv hit it.

But since its Our money and My picks we pretty much talk everything out and make sure we can get all of us to agree. And i just look for the good picks. I dont want to share my luck with the whole world, just the few and limited!!!!!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      Gurnee, Illinois
      United States
      Member #49731
      February 12, 2007
      917 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2008, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

I'll make this quick and easy...

1. minimum jackpot = 15 million (so every play is fair game)

2. 1 or 2 (1 = myself; 2 = my brother and I)

3. at least a dollar for every draw (it only takes 1 to win)

4. no (I don't play for 2nd or worse place; I play to win; but I do like the Florida lottery's increase the jackpot concept which I would buy whenever I visit Florida and play the Florida lottery)

5. more than 2 is too much; can never have a pool with too few people as the problem typically is there being too many people (hello 100 Miracle Mile Cheesehead lottery pool) which reduces a great life changing jackpot amount to a ho-hum nice to stash away but keep on working everyday sum.

As you can see I am not a fan of lottery pools.  Too many potential problems.  Rather be a lone ranger when it comes to lottery playing.  Besides, didn't any of you all see that short-lived series called "Windfall"?  Too many problems.

The only thing I would have to worry about when I win is creating the legal structures I need to protect those assets and my privacy....just like the recent Illinois MegaMillions winners did...but I wouldn't need 3 months to get the job done.  I am patient, but not that patient. 

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
        Member #24380
        October 21, 2005
        623 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:54 am - IP Logged

So would you say that your pool would consists ideally of family members only OldSchoolPa?

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
          mn
          United States
          Member #59040
          March 4, 2008
          276 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2008, 9:38 am - IP Logged

I'll make this quick and easy...

1. minimum jackpot = 15 million (so every play is fair game)

2. 1 or 2 (1 = myself; 2 = my brother and I)

3. at least a dollar for every draw (it only takes 1 to win)

4. no (I don't play for 2nd or worse place; I play to win; but I do like the Florida lottery's increase the jackpot concept which I would buy whenever I visit Florida and play the Florida lottery)

5. more than 2 is too much; can never have a pool with too few people as the problem typically is there being too many people (hello 100 Miracle Mile Cheesehead lottery pool) which reduces a great life changing jackpot amount to a ho-hum nice to stash away but keep on working everyday sum.

As you can see I am not a fan of lottery pools.  Too many potential problems.  Rather be a lone ranger when it comes to lottery playing.  Besides, didn't any of you all see that short-lived series called "Windfall"?  Too many problems.

The only thing I would have to worry about when I win is creating the legal structures I need to protect those assets and my privacy....just like the recent Illinois MegaMillions winners did...but I wouldn't need 3 months to get the job done.  I am patient, but not that patient. 

hey osp,

I looked up this 100 Miracle Mile Cheesehead lottery pool, and there is no such thing, there are the 'miracle mile' winners but they were 18 restaurant employees.