Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What to do if I win a jackpot.

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JackpotWanna.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2008, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Let's pretend that I won the same amount of MM jackpot as the Georgia couple. That would be 120millions after tax and everything.

At the moment I check the numbers of my ticket, I would drive straight to the lottery office in San Bernadino, CA. Or, if I happen to be close in LA area, I would drive straight to Van Nuys office without hesitation.

I will validate the ticket and everything, except that I will set the group claim form aside. I want to share my prize with my parents and sisters. My parents will get 5% (That would be 6millions) and a million dollar house and each of my sisters gets 1% of the jackpot prize (1.2 million) and a million dollar house. I have two sisters. (Well, you won't get that fancy house for a million bucks in LA county anyway.)

Then I will ask my sister who used to be a clerk at a law office to find a lawyer. It will take six weeks to build up the jackpot prize. I have a plenty of time to set up my financial advisory team. About 30 millions will be set aside for purchasing a commercial property or two. 

I will get a hold of a mutual fund company (Fidelity to be exact) and a reliable hedge fund company with a good track record. I will make sure that some of my investments will generate monthly incomes (also from the commercial properties) so that I can do what I want with a lesurely manner. For example, Fidelity Income Replacement Fund generates about 100 grand per month if I put in 10 million dollars. Not bad at all.

One of my friend works in film industry. I will set aside 15 millions for opening up my production company. Well, I gotta walk before I leap so I would find some good scripts and good financiers. The rule of Hollywood is that you don't use your own money to make movies. I will hire about 15 people to open my production company. Nothing extravagant. Just a modest production company that starts with small movies. (Well, if somebody loans me 2 billions then I would go on making a bunch of blockbuster sci-fi action films...)

I am still young and single, living near LA.  Winning a lottery would be a gateway to a lot of possibilities. A young, single male lottery winner who won more than 100 million dollars would be...Well, I don't know. Dating can be really interesting if you win a lottery and live in West LA. 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1954 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2008, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

You can't just go to any lottery office. You have to go to the lottery headquarters to claim a jackpot. Also, if you plan on driving to lottery headquarters the second you find out you won the jackpot, plan on staying at a hotel overnight as the lottery headquarters will probably be closed.

Gonna win.Big Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8363 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2008, 12:54 am - IP Logged

You can't just go to any lottery office. You have to go to the lottery headquarters to claim a jackpot. Also, if you plan on driving to lottery headquarters the second you find out you won the jackpot, plan on staying at a hotel overnight as the lottery headquarters will probably be closed.

If you live in California you can go to your district office and make the claim.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1954 Posts
        Posted: March 24, 2008, 8:28 am - IP Logged

If you live in California you can go to your district office and make the claim.

Hurray.

Gonna win.Big Smile

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
          mn
          United States
          Member #59040
          March 4, 2008
          276 Posts
          Posted: March 24, 2008, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Ambitious individual you seem to be, you know you can achieve everything you have stated without winning the lottery, maybe not immediately but you could nonetheless, the lottery would just be the easiest way to do it (which ironically is also the most difficult.)

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
            Member #4121
            March 23, 2004
            817 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2008, 12:44 am - IP Logged

Let's pretend that I won the same amount of MM jackpot as the Georgia couple. That would be 120millions after tax and everything.

At the moment I check the numbers of my ticket, I would drive straight to the lottery office in San Bernadino, CA. Or, if I happen to be close in LA area, I would drive straight to Van Nuys office without hesitation.

I will validate the ticket and everything, except that I will set the group claim form aside. I want to share my prize with my parents and sisters. My parents will get 5% (That would be 6millions) and a million dollar house and each of my sisters gets 1% of the jackpot prize (1.2 million) and a million dollar house. I have two sisters. (Well, you won't get that fancy house for a million bucks in LA county anyway.)

Then I will ask my sister who used to be a clerk at a law office to find a lawyer. It will take six weeks to build up the jackpot prize. I have a plenty of time to set up my financial advisory team. About 30 millions will be set aside for purchasing a commercial property or two. 

I will get a hold of a mutual fund company (Fidelity to be exact) and a reliable hedge fund company with a good track record. I will make sure that some of my investments will generate monthly incomes (also from the commercial properties) so that I can do what I want with a lesurely manner. For example, Fidelity Income Replacement Fund generates about 100 grand per month if I put in 10 million dollars. Not bad at all.

One of my friend works in film industry. I will set aside 15 millions for opening up my production company. Well, I gotta walk before I leap so I would find some good scripts and good financiers. The rule of Hollywood is that you don't use your own money to make movies. I will hire about 15 people to open my production company. Nothing extravagant. Just a modest production company that starts with small movies. (Well, if somebody loans me 2 billions then I would go on making a bunch of blockbuster sci-fi action films...)

I am still young and single, living near LA.  Winning a lottery would be a gateway to a lot of possibilities. A young, single male lottery winner who won more than 100 million dollars would be...Well, I don't know. Dating can be really interesting if you win a lottery and live in West LA. 

Good plan. Smile