Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fortune cookies numbers.

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
Member #33588
February 22, 2006
2068 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2008, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Each time i go to the chinese food place they give me  fortune cookies with numbers inside it.Do anyone play fortune cookies numbers regularly ?  

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
    Hard Luck, Ak
    United States
    Member #23472
    October 13, 2005
    275 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2008, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Each time i go to the chinese food place they give me  fortune cookies with numbers inside it.Do anyone play fortune cookies numbers regularly ?  

No, I don't play them regularly, but there are people out there that do play them regularly. There was a story in the news a couple of years ago where there was a high number of 5 out of 6 winners in either the powerball or mega millions. Each winner took home $200,000.00  All those winners used numbers that they obtained from fortune cookies.  If you choose to use numbers from a fortune cookie you run the risk of splitting the jackpot with a lot of other people. But it still would be nice to win something.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2008, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Not regularly, but every once in a while I will play the numbers I get from a fortune cookie.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
        mn
        United States
        Member #59040
        March 4, 2008
        276 Posts
        Posted: March 24, 2008, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't play them regularly, but there are people out there that do play them regularly. There was a story in the news a couple of years ago where there was a high number of 5 out of 6 winners in either the powerball or mega millions. Each winner took home $200,000.00  All those winners used numbers that they obtained from fortune cookies.  If you choose to use numbers from a fortune cookie you run the risk of splitting the jackpot with a lot of other people. But it still would be nice to win something.

MORE SPECIFICALLY 

Fortune cookie payout

The Powerball drawing of the March 30, 2005 game produced an unprecedented 110 second-place winners, all of whom picked the first five numbers correctly, but not the Powerball number. The total came out to $19.4 million in unexpected payouts; 89 tickets won $100,000, and the other 21 tickets won $500,000 due to the Power Play multiplier option.

Powerball officials initially suspected fraud, but it turned out that all the winners received their numbers from fortune cookies made by Wonton Food Inc., a fortune cookie factory in Long Island City, Queens, New York. The factory had printed the five regular numbers (22, 28, 32, 33, and 39) on thousands of fortunes. The sixth number in the fortune, 40, did not match the Powerball number, 42. None of the employees of Wonton Food played those numbers.

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
          Hard Luck, Ak
          United States
          Member #23472
          October 13, 2005
          275 Posts
          Posted: March 24, 2008, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

MORE SPECIFICALLY 

Fortune cookie payout

The Powerball drawing of the March 30, 2005 game produced an unprecedented 110 second-place winners, all of whom picked the first five numbers correctly, but not the Powerball number. The total came out to $19.4 million in unexpected payouts; 89 tickets won $100,000, and the other 21 tickets won $500,000 due to the Power Play multiplier option.

Powerball officials initially suspected fraud, but it turned out that all the winners received their numbers from fortune cookies made by Wonton Food Inc., a fortune cookie factory in Long Island City, Queens, New York. The factory had printed the five regular numbers (22, 28, 32, 33, and 39) on thousands of fortunes. The sixth number in the fortune, 40, did not match the Powerball number, 42. None of the employees of Wonton Food played those numbers.

THANKS RUBBERBANDMAN FOR THE SPECIFICS                    Sad Cheers         

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 24, 2008, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't open fortune cookies anymore.

The last one I opened up said..."You're screwed".

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
              Member #28409
              December 15, 2005
              1198 Posts
              Posted: March 24, 2008, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I love that story. Big Smile

But I also seem to remember reading that lottery officials made the company quit printing numbers from that system onto their fortune cookies.  Any truth to that?

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

United States
                Member #58528
                February 18, 2008
                710 Posts
                Posted: March 24, 2008, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I love that story. Big Smile

But I also seem to remember reading that lottery officials made the company quit printing numbers from that system onto their fortune cookies.  Any truth to that?

I doubt if the lotterys did anything about it.The cookies probably didn't even mention Powerball.The message inside the cookies probably said something to the effect of,"Todays lucky numbers are 22,28,32,33,39 & 40"Having this many people hit 5 of the six numbers was probably worth a fortune in free advertising to Powerball.

yougotit7's avatar - animal bird.jpg
                  Villa Rica, GA
                  United States
                  Member #59706
                  March 24, 2008
                  174 Posts
                  Posted: March 24, 2008, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Once in a while a set of numbers will catch my attention and I do play them.  However, I do better when I calculate the numbers myself.  I often like to play may dreams.  I often have a hit, especially my Cash 4's.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: March 24, 2008, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Lets get the story straight the fortune cookie company chose to limit the amount of the same numbers it prints on fortune cookies.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                      Madison, TN
                      United States
                      Member #13436
                      April 6, 2005
                      8 Posts
                      Posted: March 24, 2008, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

I never played fortune cookie numbers until October 2006. I played it once and now I have to continue playing it because I know what will happen the minute I quit playing this one number. And I'm not willing to take that risk.

mn
                        United States
                        Member #59040
                        March 4, 2008
                        276 Posts
                        Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't open fortune cookies anymore.

The last one I opened up said..."You're screwed".

I would love to get a fortune cookie's fortune that said that, it would be so hilarious, ill probably keep it because of the rarity of it happening.

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
                          Albuquerque, New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #5128
                          June 18, 2004
                          377 Posts
                          Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

bigato1010, when I go to the chinese restaurants, I look forward to getting those fortune cookies and reading my fortune. However, on a couple of occasions I have played the fortune cookie numbers, but I did not win.

Now, my fortune did read that I would be coming into some money. Well, when? How much?

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

mn
                            United States
                            Member #59040
                            March 4, 2008
                            276 Posts
                            Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

bigato1010, when I go to the chinese restaurants, I look forward to getting those fortune cookies and reading my fortune. However, on a couple of occasions I have played the fortune cookie numbers, but I did not win.

Now, my fortune did read that I would be coming into some money. Well, when? How much?

That's funny, my fortune also says that on occasion.