Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Big Hitter...Rick G

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2008, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

You guy's heard if there's anything wrong with War Pass?....What I read is they said he had a fever in the Tampa Bay race?..I use to live in Bradenton Fla and would go to Tampa Bay track a lot..I never liked that track..A lot of long shots would come in so I'd just play numbers..I don't trust that track..Who's you guy's pick in the Derby or is it to early?....Thanks

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2008, 8:59 am - IP Logged

tiggs, I haven't heard anything about War Pass but he sure didn't run his usual race.  If he's sound, he's still a major contender for the Derby, but I haven't made any decisions yet for that race.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
      Constitutional Money Is Real Money
      Brick City
      United States
      Member #1216
      March 3, 2003
      1766 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2008, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Sorry for the delayed response, a little tied up on other stuff...

I read the fever story also. I am leaving him in my Derby plans since I think he just didn't fire on that particular day, fever or not. War Pass just posted a bullet work at Gulfstream. So I think if he can get the lead in the Wood Memorial, he'll win easy...

The trick (one of a few) to playing Tampa Bay, is to look at each horse's Earnings Per Start (EPS). This is a very quick and dirty estimation of class. If a horse has the #1 or #2 EPS in a field of 5K claimers, is in good form and is going off at 15-1 or 20-1, I will put a few buck on the nose and hook him up with a few of the other probable contenders. Caught a few nice exactas at Tampa that way. Just remember that the class of racing at Tampa Bay is lower than that at Calder and Gulfstream, so a bunch of overlays (hidden favorites) will win there.

I like Big Brown so far since I saw his easy win in the Florida Derby. Let's see if he can stay healthy and in form for 5 weeks...

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2008, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the info on War Pass..He was my choice before the Tampa race..I'll wait and take a look see..I hit over 400.00 on the last race saturday just playing numbers at Tampa..491..Felt good..I go to Jamestown Ky OTB...Good luck to everyone..