Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

-SPN Curiosity-

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by MaddMike51.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
mn
United States
Member #59040
March 4, 2008
276 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2008, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Why do you pick your own numbers instead of quick-picks when you play the lottery?

Just wondering, I've never done it before, it's always been QP's for me.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2008, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

QP's to me are a safe bet..Once you start to play certain number's like birthdays,ages or what not then you need to keep them going forever because if they come in the next draw and you don't have them it will hurt big time..

mn
      United States
      Member #59040
      March 4, 2008
      276 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

QP's to me are a safe bet..Once you start to play certain number's like birthdays,ages or what not then you need to keep them going forever because if they come in the next draw and you don't have them it will hurt big time..

Thanks, and I agree that would hurt. That is what I was thinking also.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #58526
        February 18, 2008
        683 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Interesting question.....I played solely quick picks for a long time as a casual lottery player.......now that I actually track the numbers drawn and see that most of the time the numbers are balanced (ie. spread out over the entire board, odd/even, high/low) too often I look at the quick picks the machine spit out at me and they will have like 3 or 4 consecutive numbers on some, all odds on some, all evens on others.....anyway, I like to pick my numbers and then wheel them for good combos and play those rather than let a machine spit out some string of numbers that has a seemingly low probability of hitting.  Granted, I know it's random and every number has the same probability of hitting as the next, but I certainly wouldn't want to play 1-3-7-8-10 for a pick 5/37, but that's a quick pick that I got recently.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Always remember we are dealing with ping pong balls and the same numbers can come up at any time..Good luck to all........

Amarillo/Austin
            United States
            Member #1424
            April 25, 2003
            696 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I would rather pick my own poison than take what the machine gives me.  Just pride, I guess. 

Orangeman 

Cool 

mn
              United States
              Member #59040
              March 4, 2008
              276 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Interesting question.....I played solely quick picks for a long time as a casual lottery player.......now that I actually track the numbers drawn and see that most of the time the numbers are balanced (ie. spread out over the entire board, odd/even, high/low) too often I look at the quick picks the machine spit out at me and they will have like 3 or 4 consecutive numbers on some, all odds on some, all evens on others.....anyway, I like to pick my numbers and then wheel them for good combos and play those rather than let a machine spit out some string of numbers that has a seemingly low probability of hitting.  Granted, I know it's random and every number has the same probability of hitting as the next, but I certainly wouldn't want to play 1-3-7-8-10 for a pick 5/37, but that's a quick pick that I got recently.

Interesting observation,

Thank you

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23262 Posts
                Posted: March 25, 2008, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Why do you pick your own numbers instead of quick-picks when you play the lottery?

This question has been posted many times. Did you use search?

There have been polls posted, which would give you an accurate view of how people play.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: March 25, 2008, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

This subject is good to hash out with others that are going thru the same learning phase.

Summarizing though (and you experts can correct me) but what  I think is the majority, is mostly self picks with a couple Qp's depending on budgetary, time invested constraints. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19826 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2008, 12:05 am - IP Logged

I tried QPs and I liked the numbers I pick better.   

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

lotterywannawin's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #56297
                      November 12, 2007
                      395 Posts
                      Posted: March 26, 2008, 10:04 am - IP Logged

I have tried quick picks over and over again and never win.  I win picking my own numbers.

United States
                        Member #58528
                        February 18, 2008
                        710 Posts
                        Posted: March 26, 2008, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

I have tried quick picks over and over again and never win.  I win picking my own numbers.

I Agree! On Powerball I pick my own numbers and occasionaly win some money.When I cross the river to play Mega Millions I always play quick picks.I seldom win anything on Mega Millions.

mn
                          United States
                          Member #59040
                          March 4, 2008
                          276 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2008, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! On Powerball I pick my own numbers and occasionaly win some money.When I cross the river to play Mega Millions I always play quick picks.I seldom win anything on Mega Millions.

Do you win on a systematic basis or a variable basis? You know MM is 115 mill and PB is 26 million, so cross that river you were talking about and buy a large quantity of tickets.

United States
                            Member #58528
                            February 18, 2008
                            710 Posts
                            Posted: March 26, 2008, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

Do you win on a systematic basis or a variable basis? You know MM is 115 mill and PB is 26 million, so cross that river you were talking about and buy a large quantity of tickets.

I win on a occasional basis.I don't use any organized system.

By the way,Mega Millions is at 113 million,not 115 million.

When I cross the river to buy my ticket,I'll buy just one ticket,the same as I always do for each drawing.If I win,fine.If I don't win,that's fine,too.