Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

-SPN Curiosity 2-

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
mn
United States
Member #59040
March 4, 2008
276 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Second question

How do you choose your numbers if a machine doesn't do it for you?

P.S. different forum because they are related situations but different subjects.

I want you guys to think about it.

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #58526
    February 18, 2008
    683 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2008, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

I use a spreadsheet for each individual game that I play.  I am actually still tweaking and working on these spreadsheets, but basically the balls are ranked based on many factors such as: games skipped, hit% last 100, hit% last 50, skip ratio, and others.....then I go back over months and months of draws and plot on my ranking chart the winning numbers hit.  After lots of backtesting I seem to get a spreadsheet that consistantly picks good numbers.  For instance, I chose 11 numbers for the Texas Cash 5 draw last night and had 4 of the 5 drawn in my 11.  I wheeled the 11 numbers into 10 tickets and I only had one that matched 3 out of 5, but had 7 others that matched 2 out of 5.  Anyway, that's my method......my wife calls me the "Mad Scientist" because I have spent so much time working on these spreadsheets, but they are starting to pay dividends.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2008, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I try to keep it simple..I have a couple of ticket's I use dates of birth and year of birth..Mix them up but always the same..I always get at least one QP and if I have hit something and have extra money I buy more QP's..I find I do better on QP's but who cares as long as I cash a ticket..

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #58526
        February 18, 2008
        683 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2008, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Another thought on the subject....Lottery Post has a good Quick Pick section where you can generate some quick picks and then weed out the ones that don't look good to you personally.  I think that's a better way of getting quick picks than letting a lottery machine pick them because then you're just stuck with 'em even if they are 17-18-19-20-21-55..........................

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2008, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Usually I play a QP, but if I choose the numbers sometimes look at yesterdays' numbers for all the games, and total individually the mid day pick 3 and 4 and evening pick 3 and 4 and then take the highest number from the lotto draw (Pick 5) and subtract the secind highest number from it.

Ex: if the previous day was

Mid Day 

Pcik 3  272 =  11

Pick 4  3651 = 15

Evening

Pick 3  873 = 18

Pick 4 2989 = 28

Pick 5  6  15 21  22  39 /  39 -22 = 17  

Thus 11 15 17 18 28  

That's one way.

I also have two "fall back" sets of numbers if I don't want to track -

2 4 15 29 31 (The "Cribbage" ticket- significant numbers in the game of cribbage) 

and

6 12 15 29 36

6 12 and 15 seem to hit together, the 29 and 36 are just "wags"

Also I'm a freak for the lotto articles that appear in the tabloids. I remember one that suggested doing this for the Pick 6- fill out a playslip, see if the pattern the numbers produce look "attractive" to you - then turn the playslip upside down and do the same pattern, but from thje bottom to the top!

On Sundays and Mondays during the football season I play numbers that repeatedly showed up in the scores.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
            mn
            United States
            Member #59040
            March 4, 2008
            276 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2008, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Usually I play a QP, but if I choose the numbers sometimes look at yesterdays' numbers for all the games, and total individually the mid day pick 3 and 4 and evening pick 3 and 4 and then take the highest number from the lotto draw (Pick 5) and subtract the secind highest number from it.

Ex: if the previous day was

Mid Day 

Pcik 3  272 =  11

Pick 4  3651 = 15

Evening

Pick 3  873 = 18

Pick 4 2989 = 28

Pick 5  6  15 21  22  39 /  39 -22 = 17  

Thus 11 15 17 18 28  

That's one way.

I also have two "fall back" sets of numbers if I don't want to track -

2 4 15 29 31 (The "Cribbage" ticket- significant numbers in the game of cribbage) 

and

6 12 15 29 36

6 12 and 15 seem to hit together, the 29 and 36 are just "wags"

Also I'm a freak for the lotto articles that appear in the tabloids. I remember one that suggested doing this for the Pick 6- fill out a playslip, see if the pattern the numbers produce look "attractive" to you - then turn the playslip upside down and do the same pattern, but from thje bottom to the top!

On Sundays and Mondays during the football season I play numbers that repeatedly showed up in the scores.

Do you ever win?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10354 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2008, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Occassionally 2 of 5, breaks even, pays $1, once in a while 3 of 5, pays $10.

(Pick 5 game, 5/39).

I have had tickets where I hit 3 of 5 and missed the other two by one digit, but it's lotto, a miss is a miss.

I'm strictly a $1 or $2 at a time player, I look at the lotto as a chance for $1 to turn into a dream. 

Other ways of looking at it can get people into trouble.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.