Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Astrological techniques?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by spookysoozy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #59781
March 27, 2008
3 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2008, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I'm wondering if any members here have found any astrological techniques that have helped them to increase their winnings. These can run from planetary transits to locational astrology to electional or horary astrology.

spookysoozy's avatar - acepent
    South Georgia
    United States
    Member #100
    January 28, 2002
    3734 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2008, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Jake, Libra Dave, me ( I use horary) there are others. You can use the search to find  posts about planets.

South Georgia
      United States
      Member #100
      January 28, 2002
      3734 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2008, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

And

Welcome to LP !

libra's avatar - chi
        Cleveland , Ohio
        United States
        Member #961
        December 27, 2002
        43698 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2008, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Blackapple also is into the Astrology numbers.

Libra Dave

United States
          Member #59781
          March 27, 2008
          3 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2008, 7:12 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome.... Here's a hearty houndawg howdy to all! My search for "an edge" in picking numbers has led me back to an older hobby... astrology, and it's wealth of techniques. I'd lately come across Celeste Teal's "Identifying Planetary Triggers" as it had much great info on planetary returns and it's a must have book for studying timing of events. I've watched Solar and Lunar returns for a while now, but this book helped give me a better understanding. Being strongly identified with lunar cycles, I've found meaning in couple of different charts. The first being one's Personal or Annual New Moon, drawn for the moment the transitting Sun conjuncts natal Moon. And on the opposite side of that would be a monthly New Moon, drawn for the time that the transitting Moon conjuncts natal Sun. My experience with the last has been interesting. I took a look at my 3 best hits over the last 2 years and they occurred while the Moon was in a waxing phase (nearing opposition to my natal Sun). This would occur at or near the time transitting Moon and Jupiter would be conjunct. This type of lunar cycle is obviously very dependent on the Sun's natal position to show which houses are influenced by the cycle. In my chart, the Sun is on the 2nd house cusp, so when the the Moon reaches fullness, it's right on the 8th house cusp.... other people's money. So I'm really watching Jupiter sticking it's nose into the cycle as it gets near this point.                                                 I've also taken to watching electional charts drawn for the moment the numbers are picked. I've tried creating several days worth and place them in sequence to watch how the chart changes over time, looking for interesting aspects.                                                                      For electional charts, Allen Edwall has very nice free piece of software called Electional Helper.  One more technique I'm trying is utilizing a local space chart to find places to play that are located on,or very near, Jupiter or Venus lines in my chart. There's more but I don't want this to run too long.

South Georgia
            United States
            Member #100
            January 28, 2002
            3734 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2008, 10:35 am - IP Logged

years ago when Georgia threw triples I did event charts for the  draws where a triple number fell to have a base to work from.  I noticed there was always a big stressor  in the chart involving the outer planets and Mercury when triples fell, inconjuncts and or a yod. Back then I only played triples.

One surprize to me was the horary I did when I hit for 25K.  Neptune was dead on the 4th  cusp.  I thought - that can't be good. I was wrong. It is gambling, after all.

now I just get up my numbers from cards and dreams and  occasionally do a horary to see if I should play.  I have become the Lazy Astrologer after i lost everything I had worked on in a  computer crash.

I dont have the dedication like dave and apple do.  if you go back in search  you can see some of black apple's posts that were very interesting. Since the post split into  categories ( pick3, mathematics, mystical etc. )  BA posts in pick 3 now, but his earlier posts are in archive. 

We have so many interesting and clever people in  LP .  Good to have you aboard !

Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
              Member #2217
              September 1, 2003
              985 Posts
              Posted: March 29, 2008, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LP and hello from the Mystical Forum.   SpookySooz summed it up well.   Many like minds here and lots of fine brain power in each forum.  Your post touches on a recent topic line that I'm posting on that always harkens back to watching your personal trends and what's happening astrologically at the actual time of the event.  You clearly have a good handle on it.   I am not an astrologer but I certainly have learned to use astrology to my benefit.  May the best of luck find you!   Jake

United States
                Member #59781
                March 27, 2008
                3 Posts
                Posted: March 30, 2008, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to poking around the archives. It seems we're only born with so much luck, so anything that can help nock the odds down will be appreciated. It goes back to the old saying about being either good or lucky.... nice to have some of both. Tonight should be one of the focal points of my lunar cycle thing, with Moon coming close to opposition to my Sun, with transitting Jupiter nearby. We'll see what happens.

South Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #100
                  January 28, 2002
                  3734 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2008, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I had a thought this morning about timing for hits.

My sister was a wonderfull astrologer.  She had a few articles published in Dell Astrology magazines in the 70's. 

She showed me the accuracy of her Diurnal charts and used them daily.

She said to use a 1º orb.  I should find my book on that and see how it works, but I probably wont..hehehe .  I thought it might be worth a mention as a technique.

South Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #100
                    January 28, 2002
                    3734 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2008, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I had a thought this morning about timing for hits.

My sister was a wonderfull astrologer.  She had a few articles published in Dell Astrology magazines in the 70's. 

She showed me the accuracy of her Diurnal charts and used them daily.

She said to use a 1º orb.  I should find my book on that and see how it works, but I probably wont..hehehe .  I thought it might be worth a mention as a technique.

Also, if you play dream or event numbers you notice they usually fall faster when the moon is in perigree ( faster) than it does in apogee (slower).  I see that if I do a horary type chart for the time I post a dream it will tell if there will be many  numbers fall from the dream or just a few.  I have not followed that like I should.

L _ A _ Z _Y.