Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

do you have one place you consider lucky where you play lottery?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JustFrozen.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2008, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

i used to play this one particular mom and pop store where i always seemed to have special luck.don't go there much now due to the draw changes here but that store was special to me at one time.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    Gurnee, Illinois
    United States
    Member #49731
    February 12, 2007
    917 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2008, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I usually purchase my MM tickets at this small convenience store near my home because the lady and gentleman who run it enjoy serving lottery players.  So it would be nice if I could win the jackpot having purchased a ticket from their store.  When I play the lottery in other states, it really is just a matter of convenience...who sells lottery tickets and can I purchase one before the next draw.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2008, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Not really.My wife generaly picks up our Powerball tickets when she buys grocerys.We used to always pick up our Mega Millions tickets at a gas station across the river in Illinois,but the owner died and they closed.Now we go to the other gas station that sells lottery tickets in the same small town.Buying the tickets is more a matter of convenience than feeling like one store is luckier than another.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2008, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Nope. I have 3 or 4 stores that I tend buy my tickets from, but I don't think one is luckier then the next.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8359 Posts
          Posted: March 28, 2008, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

The only thing that matters is if you played the right number. Or numbers. Lots of people are superstitious though. If you feel luckier playing at your favorite place then do so otherwise see below.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
            Member #59720
            March 25, 2008
            52 Posts
            Posted: March 28, 2008, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

I always use to play at the local Speedway until recently an employee said "Thanks for your money!" Now I got wherever is convienent.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: March 28, 2008, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

i used to play this one particular mom and pop store where i always seemed to have special luck.don't go there much now due to the draw changes here but that store was special to me at one time.

I've been in one of those "wins some, lose some" streaks so I can't say I'm unlucky because of where I buy my tickets and I sure would like to find a store where I could win a lot more than I lose. I played at one of those stores too, but mom and pop decided to retire and moved to Florida.

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
                Albuquerque, New Mexico
                United States
                Member #5128
                June 18, 2004
                377 Posts
                Posted: March 28, 2008, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

About 99% of the time, I go to my local 711 to purchase my tickets. Occasionally, like this morning, I will go off the beaten path and go to another store, not another 711.  In fact, this is the store where I asked the guy: "has anyone ever won here?"  He replied, "yes, a guy won $5,000.00 and he didn't give me anything!" So my reply was: "does he still come in here for more tickets?" The retailer said, "yes, he still comes!"

Now, that's an interesting dialogue between store retailer and lottery customer. I thought to myself -- why does the customer have to give him anything -- it's not required. Oh, well, there are some ungrateful retailers who expect something.

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10344 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2008, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

There used to be one for me, an Amoco station. I cashed more tickets there than anywhere, and it also carried the USA Today Baseball Weekly, and a financial paper that I read- but it got torn down.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

player345's avatar - hani
                    buffalo, new york
                    United States
                    Member #40531
                    June 3, 2006
                    115 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2008, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Our neighborhood Wilson Farms Store has been very lucky for me.  I won $1,000 on a scratch-off, $660.00 on a 3 digit in which two tickets  spat  out at one time.....still a mystery to us how that happened as I only had checked the box for the number and the amount.  There were no midday draws then.  I have won several 3 digits straight there and 4 digits in the box only until this year in January I had two tickets straight  on a 4 digit.  I played it and my husband went back and played the number again at the same store thinking I had forgotten to play the number.   

player345

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                      Member #24380
                      October 21, 2005
                      623 Posts
                      Posted: March 30, 2008, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Yes, as a matter of fact I do now.  Besides, their terminals are the last to close (that is how I got there in the first place).  The clerks so far, appear to be more honest and professional.  I like the place and I have gone there exclusively for the last three months and win there!Hyper

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
                        North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #59855
                        March 29, 2008
                        31514 Posts
                        Posted: March 30, 2008, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I go to one grocery store and 3 convenient stores mostly.  The grocery store and one of the convenient stores are close by and the other 2 are on the way to work depending on which route I take. 

I win more at the grocery store in scratch tickets.....BUT.....I went to one of the convenient stores a "Sheetz" store this morning and bought 5 two dollar tickets and won 67.00 on 4 of them combined......40.00 on one, 20.00 one one, 3.00 one one and 4.00 on one so "dang" I sort of think that is a lucky store now. 

I was buying 10 dollar scratch cards in hopes of winning a million but found out I'm winning more on these 2 dollar cards so stop buying them.

Pick 3 starts tomorrow here in NC with 2 drawings a day......yippee!.....I love pick 3!...you better believe I have plenty of tickets for it.

JustFrozen's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
                          OC, CALI
                          United States
                          Member #59564
                          March 19, 2008
                          76 Posts
                          Posted: March 30, 2008, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

there's 3 places I usually go to, and oddly enough, the amount of winnings i get happens to equal the order of satisfication with the establishment. not because they give me winning tickets, but because their clerk is more respectful and friendly than the others. so ya, that place i like the most, i consider it to be a lucky place