Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tn RNG Drawing 077 multiple times.

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
Clarksville
United States
Member #487
July 15, 2002
17638 Posts
Posted: April 8, 2008, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I just looked at the news and they had a college professor compute the odds of having the number 077 hit.  I couldn't belive that the odds for that number to hit 3 times in a row was 1 billion to 1.  I was too through!! No player should have to try to overcome those odds..that is ridiculous!  Of course, Rebbeca is defending her computers saying that they are "certified".  I just read the back of a ticket and there are NO odds. On the website, it says 1 in a thousand..they are sucking people dry and that is what they want to do.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
    Winnipeg
    Canada
    Member #14974
    May 7, 2005
    3643 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2008, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I just looked at the news and they had a college professor compute the odds of having the number 077 hit.  I couldn't belive that the odds for that number to hit 3 times in a row was 1 billion to 1.  I was too through!! No player should have to try to overcome those odds..that is ridiculous!  Of course, Rebbeca is defending her computers saying that they are "certified".  I just read the back of a ticket and there are NO odds. On the website, it says 1 in a thousand..they are sucking people dry and that is what they want to do.

i guess some aren't random then.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2008, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

i guess some aren't random then.

I agree. Especially when it comes to a lot of lottery computer drawings.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2008, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

It is not the first time this has happened. Researching other states, things of this sort has happened.  I am not sure what type draws they had.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: April 8, 2008, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Well, it wasn't 077 3 times in a roll, which actually would raise suspicision. The game can be played box or straight, which is why I think that professor miscalculated. Also, for the mid-day, it was 077 then 707. Evening was 046 then 077. I'm not saying nothing's up, but it could be that it's just a coincidence.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7310 Posts
            Posted: April 9, 2008, 1:36 am - IP Logged

Well, it wasn't 077 3 times in a roll, which actually would raise suspicision. The game can be played box or straight, which is why I think that professor miscalculated. Also, for the mid-day, it was 077 then 707. Evening was 046 then 077. I'm not saying nothing's up, but it could be that it's just a coincidence.

If the same thing happened in any other state it would be called an oddity, but it happened in Tennessee.

United States
              Member #13767
              April 13, 2005
              72 Posts
              Posted: April 9, 2008, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Here we go again on mid day today 460 fell on Friday 4/4/08 046 fell.  Should we play it again?

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: April 9, 2008, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

I had 246 St/Box for today..

Everyone should just quit playing TN.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

computerhead723's avatar - lightbulb
                  Buffalo
                  United States
                  Member #54397
                  August 17, 2007
                  245 Posts
                  Posted: April 9, 2008, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

DOES  ANYONE  KNOW  IF  NEW YORK LOTTERY  IS  USING  COMPUTER  DRAWS ...CAN'T  FIND  ANY  LIVE  DRAWS  I  COULD  SEE  WITH  MY  OWN  EYES.....

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                    West Side of Sunny Florida
                    United States
                    Member #55048
                    September 8, 2007
                    3371 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2008, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Oh, no NY LOTTERY uses balls!  Often I watch them come out live on TV, nothing better then watching your numbers come up one at a time.  And if they switch to computers they will lose me as a player..

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23267 Posts
                      Posted: April 9, 2008, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Here we go again on mid day today 460 fell on Friday 4/4/08 046 fell.  Should we play it again?

Absolutely.

Judging from the payout figures on the Tennessee site, lots of people are doing this.  Keep playing numbers (combos) hit within the last 2-4 weeks.  I'd be wheeling like crazy.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                        Clarksville
                        United States
                        Member #487
                        July 15, 2002
                        17638 Posts
                        Posted: April 9, 2008, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

You are right about this Todd..I have been trying to figure out their "mad Pattern" it seems like it is run 3 numbers and then start repeating..now if I could only hit one. They also repeat Ky's numbers quite frequently.  Like today 314 fell Ky mid and 341 fell Tn evening.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3474 Posts
                          Posted: April 10, 2008, 1:58 am - IP Logged

No player does have to beat those odds.
                          1. For starters, nobody is forced to play the lottery, regardless of what the odds are.
                          2. Second, you don't have to pick the winning number three times in a row in order to win. If you pick the right number (or a permutation, if you play the number boxed) for any day you win. The odds of picking the right permutation are 1 in 1000. When there are 1000 numbers to choose from, it's a pathetic commentary on our collective ignorance that  many adults would have to check the ticket or website to find that out.
                          3. Third, 077 didn't come up three times in a row. Different permutations of 0, 7 and 7 came up 3 times in 6 drawings. They also came up only 3 times in the last 100 drawings, but people freak out when perfectly normal things happen in close proximity.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3474 Posts
                            Posted: April 10, 2008, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Maybe the math professor didn't make a mistake. Without being there we have no way of knowing what the professor actually said, or what they were asked. The odds of 077 being drawn 3 times in a row are 1 in 1 billion. Of course the odds of any 3 drawings having the results they actually had are also 1 in 1 billion. The article in the ness forum quotes a professor as saying the ods of the same combination (not permutation) occurring in 3 of 4 drawings is less than 1 in 10,000, but what actually happened was 3 occurrences in a series of 6 drawings.