Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Groups in a non-anonymous state

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by DC81.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2008, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Just FYI since there have been many posts about claiming a jackpot as a trust or corporation, here is a recent press release from the Florida Lottery where a Limited Partnership claimed a Lotto jackpot.  I can't say for all states, but in Florida the names will always be listed.  There is no way around it from what I can see.  The only information not shown here is the age and city of residence of each winner, which is always mentioned.  (They might all live in Tampa.)  At least they have names I'll never remember since I can't pronounce them. LOL

COOKIE CAT LP CLAIMS $9 MILLION FLORIDA LOTTO™ JACKPOT

TALLAHASSEE - The Florida Lottery announced today that FLORIDA LOTTO™ winner Gail Przybylski, Teresa Przybylski, David Przybylski and Crystal G. Schmitt, with Cookie Cat LP of Tampa, claimed the March 26 $9 million FLORIDA LOTTO jackpot.

Cookie Cat LP, chose the one-time, lump-sum payment for the winnings in the amount of $5,281,395. The winning FLORIDA LOTTO ticket was purchased at the Time Saver Food & General Store, located at 37853 State Road 54 West in Zephyrhills.

The winning numbers were:

06 - 10 - 26 - 37 - 46- 50

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2008, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Something is telling me that after the Cookie Cat LP claimed their prize they headed to the nearest tavern with the In Heaven There is No Beer Polka on the juke box.

Wink

In Heaven there is no beer

that's why we drink it here

in Heaven there is no beer

that's why we drink it here....

(repeat lyrics until someone can no longer stand)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      985 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2008, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Well that bites, I wonder what the laws are in Michigan, then again Michigan does allow anonymity for the state lottery..

You can't predict random.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: April 12, 2008, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Cookie Cat LP, Gail Przybylski, Time Saver, 37853 ...LOL...If you only knew..

DC81's avatar - batman39
          MI
          United States
          Member #54830
          August 31, 2007
          985 Posts
          Posted: April 12, 2008, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Cookie Cat LP, Gail Przybylski, Time Saver, 37853 ...LOL...If you only knew..

Hmmm, did they actually come forward and give their names? I did a quick search and see there's a whole background story that goes with it so I dunno if they even wished to remain anonymus. Sad story though with their losing their son and the ticket being bought on the day of his funeral.

You can't predict random.