Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pi and the Lottery.

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
rainbow lake
Canada
Member #25177
November 2, 2005
10764 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2008, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Here we go once again, another Theory

And another theory on Pi at that.

Its true pi is in direct portion to everything in life,

including the lottery, the Holy Grail? Maybe

Post your pi comments here.

Secret to $uccess=Law of Attraction

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2008, 3:03 am - IP Logged

Well, here's something:

Alabama Changes the Value of Pi

TheApril 1998 issue of the New Mexicans for Science and Reason newslettercontained an article claiming that the Alabama state legislature hadvoted to change the value of the mathematical constant pi from 3.14159to the 'Biblical value' of 3.0. Before long the article had made itsway onto the internet, and then it rapidly made its way around theworld, forwarded by people in their email. It only became apparent howfar the article had spread when the Alabama legislature began receivinghundreds of calls from people protesting the legislation. The originalarticle, which was intended as a parody of legislative attempts tocircumscribe the teaching of evolution, was written by a physicistnamed Mark Boslough.
    http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/comments/862/

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2008, 4:28 am - IP Logged

I've read computers can now list billions of digits, but I stop at 3.14159.  I prefer a slice of pi with a dollop of whipped cream.  So what exactly is a dollop? :-)   Someone asked me to explain a dollop once and I said it's a lump.  How big a lump?  So I answered, well it's a lump that looks like the right size on whatever you put it on.  :-)

A physicist at Purdue did a study of Pi and random number generators and came to the conclusion that there is no regular pattern to it.

http://news.uns.purdue.edu/html4ever/2005/050426.Fischbach.pi.html