Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Enigma of Numbers - New Book

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Avid Playa.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10345 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2008, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Amazon sent me an early release notice, this will be available April 25, looks interesting.

The Enigma of Numbers

by Lance Storm

Book Description
This eminently readable book explores the symbolic and psychologicalaspects of number. The author shows that numbers are far more than thesymbols we use for counting, for they are founded on deep psychicstructures which underlie many of our thoughts and behaviours. Numbersalso give shape and meaning to our socially constructed world. "Enigma"reads like a mystery novel as it traces the first appearance of numberin Palaeolithic times through Eastern and European countries andMeso-America. And while the author does consider the mathematicalproperties of numbers, the book is also aimed at the layperson with aninterest in the more esoteric and psychological aspects of mathematicalconcepts. It will also have a strong appeal to those interested inpopular science and in Jungian ideas. Each of the numbers, from zero toten, is given its own chapter plus excursions into number symbolism inthe "Kabbalah", divination, music, religion, astrology and mythology.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Avid Playa's avatar - the eye.png
    Freeport, Grand Bahama
    Bahamas
    Member #57164
    December 20, 2007
    120 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2008, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Amazon sent me an early release notice, this will be available April 25, looks interesting.

The Enigma of Numbers

by Lance Storm

Book Description
    This eminently readable book explores the symbolic and psychologicalaspects of number. The author shows that numbers are far more than thesymbols we use for counting, for they are founded on deep psychicstructures which underlie many of our thoughts and behaviours. Numbersalso give shape and meaning to our socially constructed world. "Enigma"reads like a mystery novel as it traces the first appearance of numberin Palaeolithic times through Eastern and European countries andMeso-America. And while the author does consider the mathematicalproperties of numbers, the book is also aimed at the layperson with aninterest in the more esoteric and psychological aspects of mathematicalconcepts. It will also have a strong appeal to those interested inpopular science and in Jungian ideas. Each of the numbers, from zero toten, is given its own chapter plus excursions into number symbolism inthe "Kabbalah", divination, music, religion, astrology and mythology.

Hi Coin Toss:

This book should be interesting reading.  In my years of studying numbers (in terms of 3-digit game selection) I've discovered that the key or superior numbers are: 3, 6, 9 and 0.  The other numbers: 1, 4, 7 and 2, 5, 8 just serve them.  And of these key numbers the "0 / 9" are the alpha and omega of the superior set. 

When looked at  more closely, one finds that "0" which represents nothing, is the same as "9" which represents everything - in that it holds all of the numbers (so to speak) from 0 to 8.  Why I believe 0 is 9 and vice-versa ... for instance: add 5 plus 9 and you get 14 or  a total sum of 5.  Add 5 plus 0 and you have the same total sum of 5.  Nine is the only number with quantity that can do this, i.e. when added to any other number it returns that number to itself as a total sum - no other number can do this except the "Nothing" number "0".   Therefore, 0 is 9 and 9 is o (in other words it can be said in a mystical sense, that Everything came from Nothing - since "0" begins the sequence of single digit numbers - it is the "alpha" and "9" which ends the sequence is the "omega").   That's why, in my estimation at least, the "Everything" number 9 reigns as the King of single digit numbers.

Also, I've noticed that most numbers fall with either a 3, 6, 9 or 0 in it - or a combination of two of these.  However, numbers without 3, 6, 9 and 0 are less likely to hit, when they do it happens infrequently and you can more or less time them.  These numbers are a combination of the servant numbers such as 457, 248, 172 etc. 

These are just a few of my observations from studying numbers and their selection in the pick three games.

Pick Smart ... 'cause WINNING is EVERYTHING!  Guitar

middle Georgia
      United States
      Member #1893
      July 20, 2003
      1868 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2008, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Hi Coin Toss:

This book should be interesting reading.  In my years of studying numbers (in terms of 3-digit game selection) I've discovered that the key or superior numbers are: 3, 6, 9 and 0.  The other numbers: 1, 4, 7 and 2, 5, 8 just serve them.  And of these key numbers the "0 / 9" are the alpha and omega of the superior set. 

When looked at  more closely, one finds that "0" which represents nothing, is the same as "9" which represents everything - in that it holds all of the numbers (so to speak) from 0 to 8.  Why I believe 0 is 9 and vice-versa ... for instance: add 5 plus 9 and you get 14 or  a total sum of 5.  Add 5 plus 0 and you have the same total sum of 5.  Nine is the only number with quantity that can do this, i.e. when added to any other number it returns that number to itself as a total sum - no other number can do this except the "Nothing" number "0".   Therefore, 0 is 9 and 9 is o (in other words it can be said in a mystical sense, that Everything came from Nothing - since "0" begins the sequence of single digit numbers - it is the "alpha" and "9" which ends the sequence is the "omega").   That's why, in my estimation at least, the "Everything" number 9 reigns as the King of single digit numbers.

Also, I've noticed that most numbers fall with either a 3, 6, 9 or 0 in it - or a combination of two of these.  However, numbers without 3, 6, 9 and 0 are less likely to hit, when they do it happens infrequently and you can more or less time them.  These numbers are a combination of the servant numbers such as 457, 248, 172 etc. 

These are just a few of my observations from studying numbers and their selection in the pick three games.

Very interesting post!  Thanks.

maggie

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
        rainbow lake
        Canada
        Member #25177
        November 2, 2005
        10764 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2008, 11:09 am - IP Logged

The Enigma of Numbers

by Lance Storm

Book Description

Sounds like great reading thanks for the Review!

Secret to $uccess=Law of Attraction

Kola's avatar - image
          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
          Member #28945
          December 25, 2005
          1527 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2008, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi Coin Toss:

Coin Toss, thanks for the "heads up" about the book.

Avid Playa - very, very good!  That was so refreshing to read. I think what you wrote is Awesome and Spot On, and  is integral to how I look at numbers. I have a system that I'm building that honors that concept that 0 and 9 are the Alpha and Omega(Implicate and Explicate). I even wrote a small rinky-dink proof in a "Magic Square" post proving how 9 = 0. Its so funny and not so coincidental that even today, as in days past, I was thinking of 0 and 9 as the Alpha and the Omega. I look into this Forum and Voila! I also agree, that for the most part, the fundamental key numbers are 3,6.9 and 0.

If you haven't already, look into www.jainmathemagics.com. It seems from what you've written, you may find it a treasure trove of good info. I've always wanted to post and elaborate about some of what you posted above, but its part of a larger discussion of my system, and that's not completely ready yet. 

I look at numbers much like you have done... Just trying to get out of my own way, and quietly observe. There is a way to weave together the mystical and the practical, and the more you turn it, the mystical ceases to be as mystifying and slowly, yet stubbornly reveals that its actually quite practical.  Thanks again for your post...

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Avid Playa's avatar - the eye.png
            Freeport, Grand Bahama
            Bahamas
            Member #57164
            December 20, 2007
            120 Posts
            Posted: April 16, 2008, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, Maggie-Nolia and Kola . . . you're very welcome!