Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Trivial suggestion...lol

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2008, 12:12 am - IP Logged

The font and size editor pop-up display of choices used to come up or down automatically depending how far the page was up or low, but now I have to either raise or lower the page in order to access my choice in view.

BTW...Excellent job on the new features...!!!!

I've been in and out of the scene so I haven't covered all the ground, but seeing tid bits here and there.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2008, 12:18 am - IP Logged

The font and size editor pop-up display of choices used to come up or down automatically depending how far the page was up or low, but now I have to either raise or lower the page in order to access my choice in view.

BTW...Excellent job on the new features...!!!!

I've been in and out of the scene so I haven't covered all the ground, but seeing tid bits here and there.

but now I have to either raise or lower the page in order to access my choice in view.

EDIT: I meant to say only raise not low, because the view is always under my screen having to raise it. So raise it is...

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2008, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I personally agree with you, but since I am not the author of the editor, there's not a lot I can do.  I have built add-ons like the emoticons, the preview, the layout/styles, and the SmartQuote cleanup, but if I go and change the the core editor code, I won't be able to upgrade to the next release when it comes out.

Another thing I personally would have done is to make the drop-down boxes longer, so they can fit all the entries without scrolling.  You can see my work in that area by clicking the drop-down arrow on any of Lottery Post's paging controls, like the ones on the forums and topics pages.  When there are many choices, it expands the box a great deal.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2008, 1:43 am - IP Logged

I have to say that I always learn when you exbound. Seems that the detailed work you have done out weighs others  which seem trivial.

Keep up the great work Todd !

P.S. I'm probably just lazy. Maybe spoiled even...lol

Todd, I'm waiting for voice recognition. That'll be the bomb.

Computer.....systems forum please.......Respond.......Edit.........save changes...........P-3 forum please.............My blog.........new entry.........title insert........preview.......Post reply....

One Day.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2008, 1:48 am - IP Logged

If you want voice recognition, just buy Windows Vista -- it comes built-in.  I tried it, and it is pretty creepy how good it is.  The ultimate is to open Word and start speaking -- and watching it type what you say.  (It gets even more accurate when you spend 20 minutes to train it to your voice.)

You can surf the web by voice, but unless you really need to use voice, it can get a little tedious to describe exactly which link to click.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

middle Georgia
            United States
            Member #1893
            July 20, 2003
            1868 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2008, 2:34 am - IP Logged

You guys are way ahead of me.......I'm still talking to the walls and to myself.  lol

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2008, 2:38 am - IP Logged

Just like....

"Recognize speech" ? OR-

"Wreck a nice beach".

There is some work that needs to be done with voice recognition. The above example is how a computer might mistake the two scenarios.

I'll put Vista on my "eventual" list. I'm getting there...lol