Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery and the game of Battleship

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2008, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday I was filling out a playslip and watching someone else fill one out and the thought cam to me that the lottery is like an ultimate game of battle ship or something, but in this game, you and your opponenet don't keep going until one of you has no ships left.

(For those that don't know, Battleship is played by setting up two pieces of paper in rows and columns, numbering and lettering them, and marking hit or misss as you and your opponent "fire" at each other and hit or miss.)

But in this game of battleship (doesn't matter if it's Pick3, 4, 5, 6, or 5+1) you only get to fires one salvo and they all must be hits.

Just an observation and a different approach than trying to figure out numbers via EEOEOO, HHL, etc...

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2008, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Good anology. Here's another:

Think of the lottery as a game of picking balls, the numbers on the balls are simply used to dicern one from the other, and have no bearing on the game.

(insert signature here)

Pogo's avatar - wfl
      NC
      United States
      Member #29378
      January 1, 2006
      552 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2008, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I always thought of it as a Dart Board - each spot has the same surface area and therefore likelyhood of being hit; it's just a matter of where you can place your dart - it's all about skill... Pogo

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3106 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2008, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Try thinking of it as 6 white marbles and 43 black or vice versa.

Wheeling is how many times you get to reach into the pot.
        ie: wheel 18 numbers = 18 blind tries to get the right color marbles.

BobP

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2008, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Yesterday I was filling out a playslip and watching someone else fill one out and the thought cam to me that the lottery is like an ultimate game of battle ship or something, but in this game, you and your opponenet don't keep going until one of you has no ships left.

(For those that don't know, Battleship is played by setting up two pieces of paper in rows and columns, numbering and lettering them, and marking hit or misss as you and your opponent "fire" at each other and hit or miss.)

But in this game of battleship (doesn't matter if it's Pick3, 4, 5, 6, or 5+1) you only get to fires one salvo and they all must be hits.

Just an observation and a different approach than trying to figure out numbers via EEOEOO, HHL, etc...

I know what you mean......EEOEOO, HHL

Those letters are becoming just as annoying as those darn numbers...lol