Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How about the all "unlucky number" ticket

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 9 years ago by hearsetrax.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2008, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Why not?

I'm putting this in discussions as they could be used for any game.

13 is obvious.

In Asian cultures, 4 is considered unlucky (beyond unlucky, in Chinese it's the word "sa", which means death - and after all, 13 is 4 +1)

17 - unlucky in Italy (oddly, if you track games, it sure seems to hit a lot)

18 - because it's "trip sixes"

28 Some say 28 is the most evil number of all.

42- Seriously unlucky...the Asian 4, and in Japanese, 42 is "shi ni", which menas "you die". There was once a car 42 ih A Japanese auto race and the story is that the car, and driver, vanished during the race- onlly to be clocked in on the anniversary of that race as several officcails swore they saw a car 42. There has not been another 42 in a Japanese race since.

And of course the trip sixes - 666, mark of the beast (considerd lucky in China)

Anyone know of any others?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2008, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Why not?

13 is obvious.

In Asian cultures, 4 is considered unlucky (beyond unlucky, in Chinese it's the word "sa", which means death - and after all, 13 is 4 +1)

42- Seriously unlucky...the Asian 4, and in Japanese, 42 is "shi ni", which menas "you die". There was once a car 42 ih A Japanese auto race and the story is that the car, and driver, vanished during the race- onlly to be clocked in on the anniversary of that race as several officcails swore they saw a car 42. There has not been another 42 in a Japanese race since.

And of course the trip sixes - 666, mark of the beast (considerd lucky in China)

No wonder I'm so unlucky,LOL. I'm Italian and my birthday is the 17th. Thanks for clearing that up Coin Toss. I think you covered the board here,can't think of any others.

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
      N.C.
      United States
      Member #56005
      October 28, 2007
      829 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2008, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Why not?

13 is obvious.

D*** it!!!....

those are some of my best numbers!!!...I've won money with all those numbers!!

thanks for screwing it up for me man.

Haven't you ever heard the story about the kid who would ride his bicycle on the top rail of the fence? that is untill some jerk told him about gravity. he; then of course, fell...

just kidding man...

haven't given it much thought. I personally don't believe that any number is cursed, other than 666. (and thats only if your the antichrist) I believe that one number is just as likely to hit as another. they all have the same hit probability. the hard part is predicting when the number is most likely to hit.

Although, I have noticed that 22 seems to screw me every time I decide to play/ not play it.

but that could be just my imagination...

no?

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2008, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Why not?

13 is obvious.

I am not sure about the other numbers, but 13 was the number my daughter played as a softball player.  Her son is now wearing 13.. Five home runs on Saturday.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: April 28, 2008, 1:03 am - IP Logged

All numbers seem to be unlucky for me. LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49686 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2008, 7:28 am - IP Logged

All numbers seem to be unlucky for me. LOL

They are Unluck only because You Think they are. Wink

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2657 Posts
              Posted: April 28, 2008, 8:08 am - IP Logged

Green laugh@ cointoss