Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Thought to ponder on lotto plays

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: May 10, 2008, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I wonder how many jackpot winners had their winning number played up for several draws.   Does anyone know if that has ever been mentioned?

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
    Nova Scotia
    Canada
    Member #9934
    December 27, 2004
    885 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2008, 10:45 am - IP Logged

tntea, do you mean they bought advanced play on their tickets? I have thought of doing that myself, instead of wondering about buying tickets weekly.Dance

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: May 10, 2008, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Yes that is what I mean.   When I traveled to MI in March,  I bought advance plays along the way.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: May 10, 2008, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

That would be interesting to find out. I've never read or heard about a jackpot winner playing the same number with advanced plays.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7322 Posts
          Posted: May 10, 2008, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how many jackpot winners had their winning number played up for several draws.   Does anyone know if that has ever been mentioned?

We've read where some jackpot winners have played the same set of numbers for years and play slips give the option of playing quick picks for the next 10 drawings too. According to my favorite lottery clerk, many people play in advance so it's probably happened many times.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
            Nova Scotia
            Canada
            Member #9934
            December 27, 2004
            885 Posts
            Posted: May 10, 2008, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Mail For Youhas anyone won on advanced play lottery tickets they purchased? For quick picks or their chosen numbers?

thank you

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
              Wilson
              United States
              Member #54516
              August 21, 2007
              2802 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2008, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

i wouldn't think they would mention that lil tidbit of info. Discourages ppl from purchasing tickets on play day. The day when they have the most sales. (IMO)

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8790 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2008, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I think there was a news article not to long ago about it.

Someone sent their money in to the state lottery for a years worth of plays. The lottery got the money and numbers ahead of a drawing. They did not process it until after the drawing .

The winning numbers came out after they received the money and numbers and before it was processed. There was a big stink about it.

MAGA

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5124 Posts
                  Posted: May 10, 2008, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Mail For Youhas anyone won on advanced play lottery tickets they purchased? For quick picks or their chosen numbers?

thank you

YES......>>>>>>BUTT>>>>>> only 3-7-$10!!

THIS was one of the PSYKO >>>>>>>>>>Quick-Trick $$$

method's you may have heard ME talk about in the GOLDEN PAST>>

GEE >>>>>HOW>>>>>>EASY>>>>>>>>LIFE USED TOO>>BEE$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: May 10, 2008, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

you mean like buying quick picks in advanced...Great idea....

I think that will boost sales, because there are many cases if not most cases where people don't want to drive to their local gas station or local grocery store to buy lottery tickets because of the gas prices...

By allowing the play in advanced you are allowing people to save more gas and buy the tickets when they have the chance...

I've also noticed that when people are buying quick picks for the lottery, they are buying something else like cigarettes, alcohol, potatoe chips, etc, which means that that their first mission when going to the store is to buy cigarettes, alcohol, potattoe chips, beer, put gas AND NOT LOTTERY TICKETS...LOTTERY TICKETS IS A: "oH I HAPPENED TO BE ON THE STORE SO LET ME BUY 2 DOLLARS WORTH OF LOTTERY TICKETS...

I don't think finding out if any powerball winner had played his tickets in advanced is important...They should have where people can play Powerball/MegaMillion tickets 1 month in advanced...

i am not you but if i was you i will go to this link:

http://www.powerball.com/pb_press_contacts.asp

or here: http://www.megamillions.com/contact_us.asp

and send each one of them an email telling them why don't they put advanced play in powerball/MegaMillions....

you either do it, or i'll do it...

How much is gas over in the States is it 4 dollars a gallon? People can't be playing with gas with that price...

lottery retailers should have like a special button that they press that allows people to play Powerball tickets in advanced...The State lottery should implement them....

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: May 10, 2008, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Illinois has advanced play and subscriptions. you have to have an Illinois mailing address for subscriptions.

For the Pick 5 you can subscribe for 91, 182, or 364 drawings, for thje Pick 6 it's for 38, 78, or 156 drawings.

I don't know about the advanced play tickets, but as for subscriptions, I ve been getting the daily e-mail list of winners for the Pick 5 game for almost four years and in all that time have seen maybe three subscription winners.

In some states, if you play an advanced play ticket and it has a winner with games remaining, you can cash it and they'll issue a new ticket for the remaining games. So if someone did that with one game left, and hit a jackpot, that ticket would appear to have been for one game, but it was actually an advanced play.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: May 10, 2008, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

KY has 26 draws advance

TN has 10 draws advance   both for PB

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10354 Posts
                          Posted: May 11, 2008, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Missouri is 15 for PB.

Isn't it kind of odd that the PB states have different number of drawings allowed for advanced play for the same game?

We have a friend that is always asking us to play a ticket for him when we go to Missouri, if the jackpot is up - but- he never wants to play advanced play because he can't stand the thought of someone hitting a jackpot and then the rest of the plays on his ticket are going from the start point.

But then if it doesn't get hit, he wants some0one to make another trip to get another ticket.

My attitude towards that is he had his chance.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2008, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I am always curious if the line that is played for one draw on a qp might come in three draws later....

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
                              Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
                              United States
                              Member #26084
                              November 14, 2005
                              199 Posts
                              Posted: May 19, 2008, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Texas has ten also. When I'm out of town, I most always buy as much advanced tickets as I can afford. My thinking is it will give me a head start as no one in my smallish hometown would suspect it's me.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit