Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick Question for Wheeling Experts

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JAP69.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
Member #45970
September 1, 2006
4763 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2008, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

I have a quick question for all the "wheeling experts" here. I am interested in wheeling only "4" numbers nightly for my states Pick-3 game, but am unsure what is the best way to determine which 4 to wheel. First of all, how many back draws should I look at. Second, should I use the 4 most commonly drawn numbers during that time frame, or the 4 least commonly drawn numbers, or a combination of each? Also, if playing this way, should I change my numbers nightly, or play them for a short period of time such as 5 or 7 days? I realize that wheeling only 4 numbers is only going to give me 4 numbers to play each night (unless I play the doubles also), and as a result I may not get as many hits, but this keeps the amount played each night to a VERY reasonable amount. I just want to make sure I do it as effectively as possible. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49642 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2008, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

The question is misleading: It's not about wheeling at all: It's about what numbers should I Play.

Track the numbers in your State, and see which pattern is predominant:

HHH HHM HHC HMM MMM HMC MMC HCC MCC CCC

Key: H=Hot, M=Medium, C=Cold

Then play that pattern.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

benmas's avatar - waveform
      Rhode Island
      United States
      Member #56010
      October 28, 2007
      434 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2008, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

"I realize that wheeling only 4 numbers is only going to give me 4 numbers to play each night (unless I play the doubles also)"

Your realization is wrong...Wheeling 4 different numbers will give you 24 distinct singles to play and not 4.

here's why..lets say you pick A B C D...you said only singles so:

ABC      ABD      CBD       ACD
      ACB      ADB      CDB       ADC
      BAC      BAD      BCD       CAD
      BCA      BDA      BDC       CDA
      CAB      DAB      DBC       DAC
      CBA      DBA      DCB       DCA

the odds are slim for you to guess what 4 numbers out of 10 and you want to multiply the error by wheeling on top of that...Wheeling for pick 3 is not worth it....i can somewhat understand wheeling for big jackpots but for p3 is not  ideal...

shawn why not go with $1 and your gut feeling rather than waste money with wheeling numbers...

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2008, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

"I realize that wheeling only 4 numbers is only going to give me 4 numbers to play each night (unless I play the doubles also)"

Your realization is wrong...Wheeling 4 different numbers will give you 24 distinct singles to play and not 4.

here's why..lets say you pick A B C D...you said only singles so:

ABC      ABD      CBD       ACD
        ACB      ADB      CDB       ADC
        BAC      BAD      BCD       CAD
        BCA      BDA      BDC       CDA
        CAB      DAB      DBC       DAC
        CBA      DBA      DCB       DCA

the odds are slim for you to guess what 4 numbers out of 10 and you want to multiply the error by wheeling on top of that...Wheeling for pick 3 is not worth it....i can somewhat understand wheeling for big jackpots but for p3 is not  ideal...

shawn why not go with $1 and your gut feeling rather than waste money with wheeling numbers...

I pretty sure Shawn was talking about wheeling 4 digits into 4 boxes ABC, ABD, ACD, and BCD. He has 24 chances to win and he can get about a 20 to 1 return on his $4 bet.

"the odds are slim for you to guess what 4 numbers out of 10 and you want to multiply the error by wheeling on top of that "

They only draw 3 digits so it's obvious he is looking for a method that will give him 4 digits that have the best chance of matching 3 out of those 4. If he finds a method that hits on average 1 out of 15 drawings, he can turn a nice profit.

"i can somewhat understand wheeling for big jackpots but for p3 is not  ideal..."

Playing pick-3 he can wheel 40% of the digits for $4 ($2 if he plays for 50 cents). It would cost $26,334 to wheel 40% or 22 of the 56 MM numbers or $1,211,364 if you want to guarantee matching the mega ball. He is talking about playing $4 and it costs $6 to wheel just 6 numbers playing MM.

Is it easier to guess 4 out of 10 digits or 6 out of 56 numbers?

United States
          Member #45970
          September 1, 2006
          4763 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2008, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I pretty sure Shawn was talking about wheeling 4 digits into 4 boxes ABC, ABD, ACD, and BCD. He has 24 chances to win and he can get about a 20 to 1 return on his $4 bet.

"the odds are slim for you to guess what 4 numbers out of 10 and you want to multiply the error by wheeling on top of that "

They only draw 3 digits so it's obvious he is looking for a method that will give him 4 digits that have the best chance of matching 3 out of those 4. If he finds a method that hits on average 1 out of 15 drawings, he can turn a nice profit.

"i can somewhat understand wheeling for big jackpots but for p3 is not  ideal..."

Playing pick-3 he can wheel 40% of the digits for $4 ($2 if he plays for 50 cents). It would cost $26,334 to wheel 40% or 22 of the 56 MM numbers or $1,211,364 if you want to guarantee matching the mega ball. He is talking about playing $4 and it costs $6 to wheel just 6 numbers playing MM.

Is it easier to guess 4 out of 10 digits or 6 out of 56 numbers?

Thank you Stack47, that is precisely what I am trying to accomplish here. Just advice to use to figure out which "method" to use to pick 4 digits to wheel. Cost is low, reward is high!

United States
            Member #45970
            September 1, 2006
            4763 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2008, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

The beauty of this is that if there is a method for picking the "best 4", then those could still even be wheeled into all "24" possible "straight" combinations. Played as straights only, this should still play at a HANDSOME profit. Now come on, there has to be a few ideas floating around out there. Best person I have seen using something similar to this is Calabs with his "Watch these 4 All States" posts, but since that is for "all states" that isn't quite feasible for what I'm talking about here. What we need o do is figure out the best way to pick the "best 4" on a state-by-state basis, and figure out how long to play them for before coming up with a new set of plays.

benmas's avatar - waveform
              Rhode Island
              United States
              Member #56010
              October 28, 2007
              434 Posts
              Posted: May 27, 2008, 3:33 am - IP Logged

The beauty of this is that if there is a method for picking the "best 4", then those could still even be wheeled into all "24" possible "straight" combinations. Played as straights only, this should still play at a HANDSOME profit. Now come on, there has to be a few ideas floating around out there. Best person I have seen using something similar to this is Calabs with his "Watch these 4 All States" posts, but since that is for "all states" that isn't quite feasible for what I'm talking about here. What we need o do is figure out the best way to pick the "best 4" on a state-by-state basis, and figure out how long to play them for before coming up with a new set of plays.

lol...now you want to hit straights and not boxes...what i was trying to say was warn you that wheeling will lose you money more quickly than other approaches...go ahead and try it and you will see....do test runs for a week on paper and wheel numbers and i guaranatee you that you will not make profit by wheeling alone.....whatever method you come up with just try it on paper for a week...personally i dont recommend wheeling because most of the time your guesses will not be correct and you will suffer more losses that by the time you get it right your net profit will be either gone or very insignificant..

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8790 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2008, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I have a quick question for all the "wheeling experts" here. I am interested in wheeling only "4" numbers nightly for my states Pick-3 game, but am unsure what is the best way to determine which 4 to wheel. First of all, how many back draws should I look at. Second, should I use the 4 most commonly drawn numbers during that time frame, or the 4 least commonly drawn numbers, or a combination of each? Also, if playing this way, should I change my numbers nightly, or play them for a short period of time such as 5 or 7 days? I realize that wheeling only 4 numbers is only going to give me 4 numbers to play each night (unless I play the doubles also), and as a result I may not get as many hits, but this keeps the amount played each night to a VERY reasonable amount. I just want to make sure I do it as effectively as possible. Thanks for any advice you can give.

These are my begining thoughts on creating four digit wheels

All 120 no match combos will fall in this manner.

50 combos 2 even 1 odd

50 combos 1 even 2 0dd

10 combos all even

10 combos all odd

50 combos 2 low 1 high

50 combos 1 low 2 high

10 combos all low

10 combos all high

to create a four digit wheel I would use one side or the other or refernce both as to which side to play for the draw.

2 digits even / 2 digits odd

2 digits low / 2 digits high

side 1___  2 even 2 odd digits

02  04  06  08  24  26  28  46 48  68

13  15  17  19  35  37  39  57 59  79

side 2___ 2 low  2 high digits

01 02 03 04 12 13 14 23 24 34

56 57 58 59 67 68 69 78 79 89 

The next step is how to pick the four numbers.

Any ideas.

WHATT

sfilippo's avatar - skull
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #33770
                  February 24, 2006
                  3146 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2008, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I think, the way I would go about this is to track the singles from the Statistics Data.

Decide what settings you want on the Stats pages and stick to those settings.

Often enough to consider, is that the digit out of the first ball machine will return in the next drawing. That could be designated as one of the four digits.

If you track Stats daily and watch what position the digits were in, you will get an idea of what positions frequently show.

I like position 1 and position 10, plus the digit out of the first ball machine from the previous draw.

The fourth digit could be position 5 or 6 from the stats.

Smiley Steve

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7295 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2008, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

The playing strategy is sound and one could eventually bet $240 to win $5000. Playing $4 a draw is reasonable and doable by the average pick-3 player, but let's get back to basics and see if there is a consistent way to find the four digits.

Frequency charts are suspect because if you're playing the 4 most frequent digits over a period of time you're expecting at least 3 of them to remain frequent. With daily frequency charts you might find that two of you 3 digit combos hit last week. Try using the last 14 drawings, check the digit frequency of of the first 10 drawings and compare it to last 4 drawings. By doing this you can see the current changes in the frequency chart and see new patterns developing. You might see where 1 or more of the top 4 frequent digits weren't drawn in the last 4 drawings and use that as strategy too.

The frequency and hit/skips of the 45 two digit pairs is another strategy by playing two pairs; when one of you pairs hit, you have a 1 in 4 chance of having the winning number.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2008, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Figure out the four digit wheel you want and put the four numbers created in a search feature to find the hit skip of those four numbers for evaluation.

WHATT