Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

World Lottery- When Implemented?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Malaysia
Member #61463
May 23, 2008
1 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2008, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Read few months ago about a World Lottery, much bigger than the Euromillions and countries all over the world will participate.

Does anyone have any updates on the endeavour?

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: May 24, 2008, 12:40 am - IP Logged

ask eazy money about it, i am sure he can win it if he won it once..Since he claims to be who he claims to be and claims he is a legend around here, i used to think we were all equal here...That World Lottery is waiting for all of us with billions of dollars LOL...Do you have to see the irony of it...

I am going to admire/repect someone when the win the 1st prize powerball with a system and when they win that World Lottery with billions of dollars of course with a system...

we are all full of it...

That world lottery is still waiting for us waiting for us to use our system...That World Lottery is a HUGE PREDATOR SCANNING US...From movie Predator 1....

Nobody has yet won Keno with a system...Again we are all full of it...

they will also have my admiration/repect when they win DAMN KENO with a system...

i can only laugh at the funny stuff that happens...LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL..LOL...LOL..LOL..LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: May 24, 2008, 1:02 am - IP Logged

The Time is ticking and that "World Lottery" has not been won...

I should say that the time is ticking and that "World Lottery" "Predator" is still hunting for people and so is keno and Powerball....

time is ticking...LOL...

EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
        Member #415
        June 22, 2002
        418 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2008, 1:14 am - IP Logged

ask eazy money about it, i am sure he can win it if he won it once..Since he claims to be who he claims to be and claims he is a legend around here, i used to think we were all equal here...That World Lottery is waiting for all of us with billions of dollars LOL...Do you have to see the irony of it...

I am going to admire/repect someone when the win the 1st prize powerball with a system and when they win that World Lottery with billions of dollars of course with a system...

we are all full of it...

That world lottery is still waiting for us waiting for us to use our system...That World Lottery is a HUGE PREDATOR SCANNING US...From movie Predator 1....

Nobody has yet won Keno with a system...Again we are all full of it...

they will also have my admiration/repect when they win DAMN KENO with a system...

i can only laugh at the funny stuff that happens...LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL..LOL...LOL..LOL..LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...

Unfortunately for you, this is the real world.  We are definately not equal.  Pwned.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: May 24, 2008, 4:17 am - IP Logged

Read few months ago about a World Lottery, much bigger than the Euromillions and countries all over the world will participate.

Does anyone have any updates on the endeavour?

Just gross speculation, like flying cars.

(insert signature here)

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: May 24, 2008, 4:41 am - IP Logged

you may not believe it...But i heard it on TV, specifically on CNN World news...I think they already had 1 drawing...But i could be wrong...I remember they talking about having so many balls but i haven't heard more about it....

San Diego, CA
              United States
              Member #58386
              February 12, 2008
              290 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2008, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I wonder what the odds would be.  Probably 1 in 500 million.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3316 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2008, 2:25 am - IP Logged

america's attitude to lottery is quite differnt to most other countries, i dont think a world lottery can ever include the USA , as their habbit of false jackpot claims, and taxing winnings, would just irritate other contries players too much.

i mean how would jurissdiction be accounted? country the winning ticket is sold in, is the country the taxes are due?

her ein oz, the tax is payed on ticket purchases, so gov  gets their cut wether the prize is won here or not.

in usa the tax is only pai from the winner, no winner from usa, gov gets no tax! .

it was an interesting concept, and i would have really liked my chance to play for $500mill jack pots even if it cost $3 a line.

i just dont think enough gov bodies have co operation in mind and are more interested in protecting their own rackets.

ps

yeah i read about it a while ago , but gathered it had died a death about same time euro millions started.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

DC81's avatar - batman39
                  MI
                  United States
                  Member #54830
                  August 31, 2007
                  985 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2008, 4:12 am - IP Logged

Meh, the US would only need a national lottery, obviously the odds would have to be higher but just imagine how big the potential jackpots could be with all 50 states and maybe some territories in on the action. Too bad that'd never happen since I doubt the companies that run the Mega Millions and Powerball games would want the competition. Unless they merged and even still states might not like it either since money would be spread much thinner. But I could easily see something like that regularly getting up into the 200 million (with annuity) range, it probably wouldn't take very many rolls.

You can't predict random.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3502 Posts
                    Posted: June 9, 2008, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

The US already has two nationwide lotteries that are available to almost everyone, as long as they don't mind driving or calling a friend in another state. As far as competition, the states should be thrilled if there was a single game that was available in all states, as long as it was run like MM and PB, with the money going to the states that sell the tickets. Nobody would have to buy their tickets in another state, so states wouldn't lose money to other states. Since the odds would presumably be higher the jackpots would be higher, and htat means more ticket sales, so the states could expect to make more than they do with the current games.

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3502 Posts
                      Posted: June 9, 2008, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

america's attitude to lottery is quite differnt to most other countries, i dont think a world lottery can ever include the USA , as their habbit of false jackpot claims, and taxing winnings, would just irritate other contries players too much.

i mean how would jurissdiction be accounted? country the winning ticket is sold in, is the country the taxes are due?

her ein oz, the tax is payed on ticket purchases, so gov  gets their cut wether the prize is won here or not.

in usa the tax is only pai from the winner, no winner from usa, gov gets no tax! .

it was an interesting concept, and i would have really liked my chance to play for $500mill jack pots even if it cost $3 a line.

i just dont think enough gov bodies have co operation in mind and are more interested in protecting their own rackets.

ps

yeah i read about it a while ago , but gathered it had died a death about same time euro millions started.

I expect it would all depend on how the game was set up. With PB and MM the jackpot  money is pooled, but all of the lower tier prizes are handled within the  individual states. If a multi-nation lottery was handled the same way there's no reason that diffferent countries couldn't have somewhat different rules. Each country would take their share of the ticket  price (which could vary), and each country could choose whether or not to tax winnings (an dhow to tax them) from tickets sold in that country. Including the taxes in the ticket price is a very sensible strategy, since that allows the tax to be collected on even a $1 win. That would work for state taxes, but can't work for federal taxes unless the tickets are sold by the federal government. If a country chooses to collect income tax on winnings then winners will owe tax if their ticket is from that country, or if they are a resident of that country. Each country would also be free to choose how prizes are paid and advertised. It would simply be up to each country to pay out what they offered to pay.