Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2 Mega Millions winners.

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 9 years ago by DC81.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2008, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Well this doesn't happen often.  Not only that the jackpot was so small.  I would probably assume both were their own picks.  They were low enough to be birthdays and such.

But New York.  Its about time that state has hit.  They have been in a huge drought lately and especially for selling so many tickets (the most out of all 12 states).  when was the last time a NY player won?

Brad

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3475 Posts
    Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:04 am - IP Logged

New York had a winner perhaps 6 months ago. I think it was about 75 million. As far as 2 winners, it's just  the luck of the draw. Not only were the numbers all birthday numbers, but  the 4 , 8, 11 and 22 are doubles of each other. A lot of people seem to be fond of patterns, whether on the playslip or in their mind. Apparently both the jackpot and 5+0 NY winners were self-picks.

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      985 Posts
      Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:12 am - IP Logged

November 2nd, 2007 for 75/45 million.

I thought it was kind of odd too, how many people would pick the same number twice? Let alone two people, it could've been some people picking from a pattern seeing what the numbers were. I was kind of surprised it was won already, more so that there were two winners with those numbers but hopefully that means that there will be another big one.Naughty

You can't predict random.

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Dang, those winners didn't even really win the guaranteed annuity amount (since there were two and the advertised jackpot wasn't even $24 million)!!

---

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
          Gurnee, Illinois
          United States
          Member #49731
          February 12, 2007
          917 Posts
          Posted: May 24, 2008, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I had a feeling it was going to be hit this Friday, so I didn't even bother to go out and buy any extra ticket for that drawing.  I typically buy an extra ticket when the jackpot rolls over after just being hit.  The MM winners probably will feel more like Lotto winners in that the cash split is about $3.5 Million (forget the annuity, that would only feel like a job paycheck).  Well, I guess I can save my buck for the post Memorial Day draw and look forward the the Friday and beyond draws.  Or better yet, I think I might plunk that buck down on the PB draw for tonight...I like it when a plan comes together...now if only that plan includes me purchasing the jackpot winning ticket!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: May 24, 2008, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure whoever won it, is just happy to have won. That is still a lot of money.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

GHstudent's avatar - dancer

United States
              Member #52765
              June 7, 2007
              54 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2008, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

It better to win something than none

I will take 1 or 2 mil vs none

Yes I can beat the lotto..some day

Micheal jackson throwing his hat

Morrison, IL
                United States
                Member #4657
                May 13, 2004
                1884 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2008, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Yep, $3.5 million cash is still $3.5 million I don't have.

I too am going to play next Friday's draw, and every draw after that until the next jackpot is won. I always play from the draw number in the current run at which the last jackpot was won (which was draw #2 this run), or if the millions digit of the advertised jackpot matches the tens digit of any of the days leading up to the draw (for instance, I will not play MM on Tuesday because today is the 24 and neither of the days leading up to the draw - 24, 25, 26, 27 - end in 2).

---

NightTrain1234's avatar - 8ball
                  a Powerball AND MegaMillions state!
                  United States
                  Member #24190
                  October 20, 2005
                  78 Posts
                  Posted: May 24, 2008, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

What about when there were 4 winning tickets for that $390 million MegaMillions jackpot awhile back.   If you were watching the drawing and knew right away you had a winning ticket but then later found out it was only $97 million for your share, instead of $390 million, you might be a  little disappointed.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                    Marquette, MI
                    United States
                    Member #20541
                    August 20, 2005
                    705 Posts
                    Posted: May 24, 2008, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Yep, $3.5 million cash is still $3.5 million I don't have.

I too am going to play next Friday's draw, and every draw after that until the next jackpot is won. I always play from the draw number in the current run at which the last jackpot was won (which was draw #2 this run), or if the millions digit of the advertised jackpot matches the tens digit of any of the days leading up to the draw (for instance, I will not play MM on Tuesday because today is the 24 and neither of the days leading up to the draw - 24, 25, 26, 27 - end in 2).

LOL

That is as good a way as any.  If you are going to win you are going to win!

Maybe I should adopt that plan with my own changes...hmmm...what can I ad to that method...

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                      Marquette, MI
                      United States
                      Member #20541
                      August 20, 2005
                      705 Posts
                      Posted: May 24, 2008, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

What about when there were 4 winning tickets for that $390 million MegaMillions jackpot awhile back.   If you were watching the drawing and knew right away you had a winning ticket but then later found out it was only $97 million for your share, instead of $390 million, you might be a  little disappointed.

Seriously, would you be disappointed with 97 Mill?

DC81's avatar - batman39
                        MI
                        United States
                        Member #54830
                        August 31, 2007
                        985 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2008, 2:46 am - IP Logged

I'd feel greedy and still wish I was the sole winner, maybe a tad disappointed. Evil Uhh  But it'd be something I'd get over quickly. I'd then make a game of it and try to out do the other three winners in successfully managing my winnings and making the money grow.

You can't predict random.