Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

We are All Special: Words of Encouragement: Stock Market Vs. Lottery

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2008, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Guys, if you KNEW how speciall you are...Each one of you is SPECIAL and a winner...What i mean: The stock market IS NOT HARDER THAN THE LOTTERY IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE...

I am shocked at how Lotterypost members challenge and are unaffraid of the staggering amount of combination Powerball has...The stock market has like 18,000 to 20,000 stocks while the lottery has 150 MILLION COMBINATIONS and yet LP members always fighting and continuing and figuring out ways to crack it Powerball...

If we was to channel all those efforts and energy into the Stock Market or Forex, we all would have a net worth of 200 million dollars or at least 50 million...That's why i am saying those guys that work in the stock market trading they can't compare themselves to us don't care what they do...

So we are all special...

But what's the problem? The Stock Market is steeply Bureaucratic, like a steep pyramid and is unacessible only a selected few have access, while you can always buy a lottery ticket anywhere...

i'll like for you all to see this youtube video...Is not real is a simulation from a different website..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxeRdfDIeh0

ask what is the guy basically doing? He is answering a yes or no question a good or not good stock...Is like answering a test; a yes or no answers but that is constantly moving...Of course you have to be correct...And they make money that way and staggering amounts sometimes.....Yet the Powerball is not like that...Not even pick3

continue the job you are doing...

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: May 27, 2008, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Sweet

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8390 Posts
      Posted: May 27, 2008, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Powerball is one dollar and a dream.

The stock market cost big money to invest enough dollars to turn it into the millions of dollar you think you might own. And if for whatever reason the stock market crashes so to will your bank account.

You cant possibly make the same return for a buck with the stock market as you can with the lottery.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2008, 12:36 am - IP Logged

A lot of people just aren't interested in playing the stock market. I am one of those people. Plus, I like to play the lottery for fun and I don't think playing the stock market would be fun.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2008, 1:12 am - IP Logged

not only is it very bureacratic, but what spoils is the nomenclature (the jargon/vocabulary of the field)....

lottery vocabulary is not that extensive...

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8390 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2008, 1:22 am - IP Logged

not only is it very bureacratic, but what spoils is the nomenclature (the jargon/vocabulary of the field)....

lottery vocabulary is not that extensive...

for those of you who want

cnbc portfolio challenge is happening and it's a good chance to get the feel for stock selecting and buying just to see how very hard/easy it is to make bucks.... they give you pretend bucks 1 million to play with.... it's a contest. My rank is 22,486 out of all the other players. It's not as easy as you think to make millions even when it isn't even your money.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2008, 2:15 am - IP Logged

for those of you who want

cnbc portfolio challenge is happening and it's a good chance to get the feel for stock selecting and buying just to see how very hard/easy it is to make bucks.... they give you pretend bucks 1 million to play with.... it's a contest. My rank is 22,486 out of all the other players. It's not as easy as you think to make millions even when it isn't even your money.

Explain, please.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: June 8, 2008, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Powerball is one dollar and a dream.

The stock market cost big money to invest enough dollars to turn it into the millions of dollar you think you might own. And if for whatever reason the stock market crashes so to will your bank account.

You cant possibly make the same return for a buck with the stock market as you can with the lottery.

I Agree!

...and then when you do make money, you can lose it just as easily.  The stock market should always be a long term investment. 

By the way, Pumpi, the stock market and the lottery aren't even remotely connected.  The lottery is a game that is based on nothing but the random selection of numbers.  The stock market is not random in the least.  It is based on many things, including politics, economic conditions and emotion.

A game like PB where the odds are 1 in 140M will not change if there is a war, if a bank fails, if the Fed cuts or increases the rates, if gold or silver goes up or down, or if there is a major disaster like a hurricane or flood.  It is what it is and nothing more.  You spend a buck to win millions of dollars. 

The only common thread is that in each there is the possibility of scandal and fraud.   However, unlike investors in companies like Enron, if you lose playing PB, you won't lose your pension or your life savings.  

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2008, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Four4me is right - The Lottery is $1 and a dream.

And for those that think the Stock market is so hard, it's not - it's kinda like the lottery - you must PAY ATTENTION to it.

The days of throwing money at it and 'forgetting about it' are long gone - you must take an active role and manage your own money. Ten years ago I parlayed $70,000 into over a Million dollars, and I have taken that and parlayed it to quite a bit more.

YES, the market can crash and wipe you out - IF you don't pay attention, and IF you are greedy, but you have to be able to stomach making X percent gain, and then SELLING.   If you buy a stock and think you can just sit back and expect it to double or triple, you might get lucky, but probably not.  Today, when I buy stocks, if/when they make 20% I sell them.    Sure, some have gone up 50%, 100% and more, but some have also gone DOWN 50% and 80%.  Oh - and when I buy something and it goes DOWN 8%, I sell it and cut my losses.  That alone has saved my butt more than a few times.

PS - JXP - your post right above mine here - I agree a million percent.

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2008, 2:59 am - IP Logged

Explain, please.

go to cnbc.com and read.

I for one think the CNBC 'contest' is BS because they give 'bonus dollars' if you can answer questions about stuff said on their TV shows, and that's just baloney, few folks have the time to watch TV all day... so the dollars are stacked against you.   Not that I think I would be winning the contest, I just don't agree with having the deck stacked against a person..

EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
                      Member #415
                      June 22, 2002
                      418 Posts
                      Posted: June 8, 2008, 7:20 pm - IP Logged
                        four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8390 Posts
                        Posted: June 9, 2008, 12:55 am - IP Logged

go to cnbc.com and read.

I for one think the CNBC 'contest' is BS because they give 'bonus dollars' if you can answer questions about stuff said on their TV shows, and that's just baloney, few folks have the time to watch TV all day... so the dollars are stacked against you.   Not that I think I would be winning the contest, I just don't agree with having the deck stacked against a person..

you get 5 portfolios to work with regardless whether you answer the bonus questions or not you still can try and grow a portfolio. you can work with one portfolio or all 5.

you don't have to join the contest there are lots of stock sites that will let you use their stock trackers and such to build a fictitious portfolio.

to play the cnbc game and win would require a die hard stock picker. somebody that spends all there time working with and tracking stocks.

the only reason i suggested it was because so many posters say they will invest money in the stock market if the hit the lottery big time.

Here is a chance while the contest is running to do just that.

I only have 2 portfolios going even though i started with 5 one of my portfolios is in the dumps loosing money badly while the other is doing good not great but good it give me in-site on what stocks might be worth investing in if i were to win the lottery big.

I haven't used my bonus bucks yet and while i know you think it's BS you don't have to read anything... or watch anything they give you the answers on a web page but I'm not going to tell anyone where that web page is if i could find it so can anyone else.

Right now my rank in the game is 6898 I'm so far out of the running it's pathetic but because it's a game and i have free time i will continue to try and get ahead.

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2008, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Four4me, I have no problems with your reasoning, but you need to understand where I am coming from when I said that particular contest is BS: I was in a contest six months ago, I finished 3rd, 7 points behine the winner, who - yes - earned 10 'bonus' points, and 3 points behind the second place finisher who - yes - earned 10 'bonus' points.  I was not in a position to earn 'bonus' points - which were announced AFTER the contest started.

Throw out 'bonus' points (dollars) - which had nothing to do with the contest itself - and I would have won a decent prize.

Anyway, I'm not asking where the bonus point answer page is, and I'm not inclined to go look for it, It's not THAT big of a deal for me.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8390 Posts
                            Posted: June 10, 2008, 2:15 am - IP Logged

Four4me, I have no problems with your reasoning, but you need to understand where I am coming from when I said that particular contest is BS: I was in a contest six months ago, I finished 3rd, 7 points behine the winner, who - yes - earned 10 'bonus' points, and 3 points behind the second place finisher who - yes - earned 10 'bonus' points.  I was not in a position to earn 'bonus' points - which were announced AFTER the contest started.

Throw out 'bonus' points (dollars) - which had nothing to do with the contest itself - and I would have won a decent prize.

Anyway, I'm not asking where the bonus point answer page is, and I'm not inclined to go look for it, It's not THAT big of a deal for me.

Sorry to hear that i know how disappointing it can be to be so close yet so far away from winning.

I entered a few on line contests last year also mostly to preserve my sanity i was dealing with kidney stones and being in the contest took my mind off the pain. And i agree most contest are BS because there are so many factors involved.

With this cnbc contest i started two days late. And they are running a contest at a time when stocks gain one day and plummet the next. It's not in real time so you cant buy low and sell high during the 7 hr time frame because the rules don't permit it. Either you keep it or dump it. To make money in this game you must have a total awareness of what happening in the stock market. Some of the top runners in the contest are serious stock market trackers. I don't stand a chance. But it is fun watching my portfolio grow.

I hope you win at your next attempt.