Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you choose which red PB number to play?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Winlotta's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
Member #60014
April 3, 2008
735 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2008, 4:14 am - IP Logged

As this is a forum for jackpot lottery discussions, perhaps my question is approprite here. At the end of the last PB challenge I asked this question, but no one responded.

Some of you may have some excellent, intuitive means to determine which number to include on your ticket. I don't have that ability. Some may opt for the quick pick when purchasing your ticket, a method I've used sometimes successfully and often enough a waste of money. I've seen computer programs that inconsistenly predict "10 winning numbers out of 42."

My preference in choosing which number to play is graphing the numbers drawn and then comparing the graph lines to other draws from the last 2 - 3 years.

I would appreciate your comments and especially your suggestions.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20106 Posts
    Posted: May 30, 2008, 8:06 am - IP Logged

As this is a forum for jackpot lottery discussions, perhaps my question is approprite here. At the end of the last PB challenge I asked this question, but no one responded.

Some of you may have some excellent, intuitive means to determine which number to include on your ticket. I don't have that ability. Some may opt for the quick pick when purchasing your ticket, a method I've used sometimes successfully and often enough a waste of money. I've seen computer programs that inconsistenly predict "10 winning numbers out of 42."

My preference in choosing which number to play is graphing the numbers drawn and then comparing the graph lines to other draws from the last 2 - 3 years.

I would appreciate your comments and especially your suggestions.

Since you are a platinum member you can click on the state of your choice for Powerball and then click on statistics for the game.

You'll be able to go back as far as powerball has been drawn and check the draws as well as the PB number. When you have the stat page on your screen, scroll down and you'll find the stats for the Red number..            Good luck.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Winlotta's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
      Member #60014
      April 3, 2008
      735 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2008, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, Maddog10, for your response.

Yes, I have seen the statistics with hit frequencies, percentages, etc. Unfortunately I'm terrible with statistics and bar charts, even after a semester of diligent study. You and others who have the ability to read and use those statistics have a distinct advantage.

Perhaps, it's because of my learning style which is kinesthetic.  A different image presents itself to me with the line graphs and the level each draw reached. The little circles connected on graph paper resemble a ball's bouncing path and its subtle variance in direction. I wish line graphs could be a feature here in Lottery Post.

Thank you again.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2008, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

MegaMillions has had the present matrix with 46 bonus numbers for the last 306 drawings and doing that time bonus numbers that have hit 11, 12, 2, 1, 6, 9, 14, 16, 22, 7, 8, 15, 19, 21 and 28 drawings back have hit 50% of the time so many times I will use those figures to pick bonus numbers to play.

PowerBall has had its 42 bonus numbers during the last two matrix changes so the same figures for PB are cover a larger range.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2008, 3:07 am - IP Logged

You can go back as far as you want and look at statistics, but I continue to question what good that does when they have made wholesale ballset changes, and ball machine changes - besides the fact that they use a different ballset and machine for every drawing night, and do not announce prior to the draw what set and machine they are using.

And if they did announce prior to the drawing what sets they were using, it won't matter.  I have tracked that closely, and have found there is no relevence to numbers hitting, ie when they use ballset 5 and machine 12, you won't find ANY consistent numbers coming up based on prior usage.