Welcome Guest
You last visited April 29, 2017, 5:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Getting real profit or loss?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 9 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
Member #33588
February 22, 2006
2068 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2008, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever ask your self this question: am i making profit or loosing what you supposed to be saving?  Back in april i lost my concentration, before i realised i was playing too many numbers in that aspect i was loosing tremendously i had to re focuse and say to my self lets stay on the basics few numbers or no number at all to play peroid. Where do you stand? Please explain.           

a$VeryLuckyMan's avatar - spherewall
    Summerfield NC
    United States
    Member #61736
    June 2, 2008
    3714 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2008, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

yeah, i have gone overboard like that too, i have now limited few numbers that i am playing for pick three, and unless jackpot is big, like tonight, i limit my pick 5 to the same ticket every night ($5) playing the same numbers. $10 per day, i know i will hit the pick three exact, i alternate with my numbers sometimes playing the same number exact 5 times, if it hits, that is 2,500.

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
      Wilson
      United States
      Member #54516
      August 21, 2007
      2802 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2008, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

I agree with both of you. I had to "get a grip" and "slow my roll". Before I found this site I was changing up # every day.

Then a wise LP veteran gave me the magic phrase I most needed to read. "Play your picks for three draws". That solved my problem and I began to hit more.

Now the kitty is growing and I'm playing off of winnings. I've come a long way...and got even further to go. I still have to get up and go to work everyday...LOL....it keeps me honest!!  Green laugh

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

United States
        Member #33588
        February 22, 2006
        2068 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2008, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for being honest.

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
          Member #45970
          September 1, 2006
          4763 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2008, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I definately fell into this trap for quite a while. Then, with the help of several people here at LP (you all know who you are), I began looking at things completely different. Today I play completely different. Some days I may play up to 15 numbers, other days I may only play 1 number, and other days I may not play at all. I have "grown" enough to realize that sometimes NOT playing at all IS WINNING. Sounds stupid, but eventually it will all make sense to anyone who studies this game.

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
            Durham, North Carolina
            United States
            Member #58710
            February 23, 2008
            6901 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2008, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I definately fell into this trap for quite a while. Then, with the help of several people here at LP (you all know who you are), I began looking at things completely different. Today I play completely different. Some days I may play up to 15 numbers, other days I may only play 1 number, and other days I may not play at all. I have "grown" enough to realize that sometimes NOT playing at all IS WINNING. Sounds stupid, but eventually it will all make sense to anyone who studies this game.

I totally agree with every aspect of what Shawn67 said, especially the part about knowing that NOT playing is winning!!!!

However lately I have done pretty good. I feel like I have left my dry spell. Thanks to a workout from a friend I'm hitting alot more often then I was.

Should I even be playing? No. Should I be taking my play money (even off winnings) and saving it? Yes. But its a hobby that is fun nonetheless!!!! Life is short, live it well and live it smart!

Lovies

United States
              Member #33588
              February 22, 2006
              2068 Posts
              Posted: June 3, 2008, 9:18 am - IP Logged

discipline exactly .Wink

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                Carters Lake, Ga.
                United States
                Member #5313
                June 29, 2004
                1065 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2008, 9:29 am - IP Logged

On my website I have tried to explain a "Money Management" system to help this problem. I am not selling anything, the site is all free. I can't post the address here, I don't think Todd allows it.

If anyone would like the address you can PM me.

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23599 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2008, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

On my website I have tried to explain a "Money Management" system to help this problem. I am not selling anything, the site is all free. I can't post the address here, I don't think Todd allows it.

ez

The only sites I "don't allow" are sites that sell something in one form or another.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                    Carters Lake, Ga.
                    United States
                    Member #5313
                    June 29, 2004
                    1065 Posts
                    Posted: June 3, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

The only sites I "don't allow" are sites that sell something in one form or another.

Thank you Todd,

I am not selling anything. It is my first attempt to put up a site.

It looks a little like third grade, but I have been having fun with it.

If anyone wants to see it ;   galottonumbers.com

If you would like me to put something on there let me know. It must be free  stuff, it is a nonprofit site.

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                      Member #6363
                      August 20, 2004
                      4233 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2008, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

ez,

I could not get the link to work but I found it anyway. I hope you don't mind me posting it for you again.

takeitez's website.

I haven't got to read it yet, but it looks nice. I'm looking forward to any information you have to offer, you know your stuff. Thumbs Up

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

United States
                        Member #33588
                        February 22, 2006
                        2068 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2008, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

ez,

I could not get the link to work but I found it anyway. I hope you don't mind me posting it for you again.

takeitez's website.

I haven't got to read it yet, but it looks nice. I'm looking forward to any information you have to offer, you know your stuff. Thumbs Up

hey dead aim good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you  

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                          Member #6363
                          August 20, 2004
                          4233 Posts
                          Posted: June 3, 2008, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

hey dead aim good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you  

Hi bigato,

I'm fine. Summer is coming on and the weather has been really nice so I have been taking a break from all the indoor stuff. I am sure I will be back to putting up some lists in no time at all. I won't be able to stay away to long knowing me. Wink

I hope you are well and the lottery treats you better this month.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23599 Posts
                            Posted: June 3, 2008, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd,

I am not selling anything. It is my first attempt to put up a site.

It looks a little like third grade, but I have been having fun with it.

If anyone wants to see it ;   galottonumbers.com

If you would like me to put something on there let me know. It must be free  stuff, it is a nonprofit site.

ez

I think you're not posting the link correctly, because Dead_Aim posted it just fine.

By the way, I don't think it looks bad at all.  It's a lot better than most people's first sites I've seen.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
                              Durham, North Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #58710
                              February 23, 2008
                              6901 Posts
                              Posted: June 3, 2008, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

ez

I agree with Todd, I like your site. I know the process of building websites and for your first one I think you did an excellent job!!! Kudos to you!!!

Lovies