Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Won Nj Scratch Off But Taxes?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 8 years ago by xworld23.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NORTH JERSEY
United States
Member #62017
June 14, 2008
3 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2008, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

HELLO EVERYBODY

A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE JUST WON 150K (YES $150,000Hurray! ) (LUCKY SON OF A B.....Wink)HE IS WONDERING IF INSTED OF GOING TO ANY LOTTERY RETAILER FOR THE CLAIM FORM CAN HE JUST GO TO THE NJ LOTTERY HEADQUARTES TO CLAIM? YOU KNOW FILL UP A FORM THERE AND POSSIBLE GET A CHECK OR WAIT FOR IT....AND  HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK HE IS GETTING AFTER TAXES ... I MEAN THEY ARE GONNA PROBABLY TAKE THEM AUTOMATICALLY OR HOW DOES IT WORK OUT? IF ANY OF YOU HAD EXPERIENCE WITH IT OR KNOW ABOUT IT ,PLEASE RESPOND.....

THANKSLurking

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2008, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your friends win!

I'm not sure how it works in NJ, but here you can actually print the claim form from the official Idaho site. If that is not available for your friend, you probably can just go to the headquarters and claim it. I also think it depends on the size of the winnings. I've heard from some people that with smaller prizes you can get it right away or it may take a few weeks depending on taxes and all that.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ptcruiser70's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
      roanoke
      United States
      Member #61831
      June 6, 2008
      439 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2008, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

i won 500 000 back couple years ago and they took taxes out right away they get theres first i walked awat with 380 000 after taxes

NORTH JERSEY
        United States
        Member #62017
        June 14, 2008
        3 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2008, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

i won 500 000 back couple years ago and they took taxes out right away they get theres first i walked awat with 380 000 after taxes

Wow thats like 75% out of the 500k ... so the final check is after all taxes (federal,income) so you just deposit it and thats it.. taxes paid for that year?