Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is your Comcast Highspeed running slow today?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mken32.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5903 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2008, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

my pages are loading REALLY SLOW..I even went on the interbet to D/L some movies and it TOOK FOREVER and still never finished and normally it just zooms right on through..is anyone else's comcast highspeed running slow ?

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

DC81's avatar - batman39
    MI
    United States
    Member #54830
    August 31, 2007
    985 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2008, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

I don't use Comcast (in a Charter area but no cable internet) as I'm on DSL but your problem might be that the node you're on is getting overloaded with people downloading, especially during the day and now that school is out most everywhere, probably a lot more people (especially kids) online hogging bandwidth.. Either that or it's just Comcast being stupid (same goes for Charter). Have you done any sort of speed test?

Try using speedtest.net and run a test while not uploading or downloading anything to check your connection speed. You also might be better off going to dslreports.com, joining the site and making a topic in their Comcast forum if your issue doesn't clear up.

You can't predict random.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2008, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

May I suggest my favorite speed test site?  I highly recommend it for testing both upload and download speed, between you and various cities around the USA.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

The web is probably overloaded with people trying to set that stupid world record for firefox today.

The only thing they're doing is forcing the web to slow down, in exactly the same way a virus attack would.  Stupid!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2659 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2008, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

well personally am not exprencing any issues with C*mcast as of lately

which is a first Eek since they recently came here and ran a fresh line from the service pole a month ago and even more shocking is just when they admitted that they were in the process of updating some of thar out dated equipment

so I'd seriously urge all C*mcast users to light up that 888 number and start bchin till U get some results

btw thanks Todd for that other speed test link

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
          mississippi
          United States
          Member #34478
          March 3, 2006
          5903 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2008, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

well its working fine now..but yesterday..last night and all morning I couldnt get anything to load with any speed at all..maybe it was just high traffic..who knows..thanks everyone..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

mken32's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            I dont know where
            United States
            Member #1702
            June 18, 2003
            103 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2008, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

May I suggest my favorite speed test site?  I highly recommend it for testing both upload and download speed, between you and various cities around the USA.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

The web is probably overloaded with people trying to set that stupid world record for firefox today.

The only thing they're doing is forcing the web to slow down, in exactly the same way a virus attack would.  Stupid!

Todd I took your advice and did a test at speakeasy and the results:

Download Speed: 4233 kbps (529.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
            Upload Speed: 353 kbps (44.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Party Like a RockStar