Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 1:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ball Drawers

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think they are waiting on a specific ball?

What Pops...pops [ 13 ]  [81.25%]
That SOB stalled for a bit but its still legit [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
That krotchwaffle has a preset agenda! [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
Connecticut
United States
Member #61623
May 29, 2008
20581 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2008, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I seldom stay up for the drawing in Connecticut but I did last night.Maybe I overly analyze things but I'm pretty certain that guy had his finger on the trigger a tad too long.I've noticed it before and kinda shrugged at it but in all honesty,it really looked as though he was waiting for a specific ball.Everyone who draws the balls on connecticuts drawings tends to do the same thing except for this one young woman who does it like 123 and done.I'm not privy paranoia but I actually got irked about it....any would love to hear what the peeps who still have ball drawings

...and BTW.....a krotchwaffle is my polite way of calling someone an A**hole  lolBig Smile

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2008, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I really don't have that problem to deal with since all the games in my state except Powerball are computerized. Mad

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
      Connecticut
      United States
      Member #61623
      May 29, 2008
      20581 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2008, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry to hear that....I know I'd be pissed if CT went that way.Seems too much room for numbers to be biased

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2008, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

My mind must be in the gutter lately, because I really wasn't quite certain what the topic was all about. Big Grin

Anyway, I agree about computerized drawings, but I'm not too sure if I'd lose any more than I'm already losing.   Now if they could program it so anyone whose name begins with N has a better chance...

Regarding the time it takes to draw the balls, I've actually had the same feeling, but I don't see how they can tell which one is going to be selected.  In FL there are pre-tests which bothers me, since I will never know if my 6 numbers were drawn the night of a huge jackpot.  Having said that, maybe all those extra drawings gets me closer to my big night!

So in brief, yes, I have noticed that mini hesitation the very few times I've watched a live drawing here.  But I assume it's to make sure the whole process fits into the 30 seconds or whatever time period the station has slotted for the Lottery.  BTW, I've been accused of over-analyzing stuff.  In sales it's called analysis-paralysis, because if you think about something for too long when you can't do anything about it, you'll end up in the same place you started.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7344 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2008, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Some states have added more games and now release all the game balls at the same time. When they drew them one at a time, there was always some anticipation especially when we needed that third number to hit it straight.

They still draw the Mega Millions numbers slow enough to write the numbers down and people can still sweat out the last numbers.

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2008, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Some states have added more games and now release all the game balls at the same time. When they drew them one at a time, there was always some anticipation especially when we needed that third number to hit it straight.

They still draw the Mega Millions numbers slow enough to write the numbers down and people can still sweat out the last numbers.

At least they don't have a commercial break when they're down to the last ball, like they do on those reality shows like American Idol.  "Do you have 5 winning numbers?  Do you think you might have gotten the 6th number and won $30 million?  We'll find out, right after this commercial break." 

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7344 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2008, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

At least they don't have a commercial break when they're down to the last ball, like they do on those reality shows like American Idol.  "Do you have 5 winning numbers?  Do you think you might have gotten the 6th number and won $30 million?  We'll find out, right after this commercial break." 

The Ohio Lottery has used various half hour TV game shows for over 30 years to promote the lottery. In one of them, the players were divided into teams and there was a commercial break before the last team took their last turn. The live drawing was held after the two winning teams were down to one player but before that winner played in the finals.

The main event in the World Series of Poker will start next week but the final table (9 players) won't be until November. I hope nobody sits through 5 months of commercials waiting to see who wins.

Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2008, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Not a bad way to increase revenues.   Were those shows actually run by the lottery?  Maybe I'm not quite understanding what you mean.  The reason so many shows make the viewers wait for results is, of course, so they can make money from sponsors. 

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7344 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2008, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Not a bad way to increase revenues.   Were those shows actually run by the lottery?  Maybe I'm not quite understanding what you mean.  The reason so many shows make the viewers wait for results is, of course, so they can make money from sponsors. 

The current game show is Cash Explosion Double Play and scratch-off players get a chance to get on the show by matching 3 "entry" symbols on their $1 Cash Explosion tickets. Eight "entry" tickets are drawn each week for an up-coming show. The winners are divided into 2 groups of 4 and take turns picking 3 of the 24 boxes that have 21 cash prizes from $1000 to $3200. The board has six columns (D O U B L E) and four rows (P L A Y). A light moves across the 6 columns like an electronic version of musical chairs. The players press a button that decides which column and then chooses one of the four squares and sometimes there are only 3, 2 or 1 square to choose from.

Two of the squares are "doublers" and if a player lands on that square, the game board is reset and the players chooses another square and that amount is doubled. If the second spin is the other doubler, they do it again and the amount is quadrupled. A player can win $12,800 on one turn. One square is an automatic $25,000 winner with a prize amount behind that for game play.

After 3 turns, the player with most cash (excluding the auto $25K) moves on to the next round and the other 3 players win whatever amount they totaled. The winner's amount is doubled and I personally know a guy that holds the record for winning $63,000 in the first round. He quadrupled $3200, landed on the auto $25K with $3000 behind it, and got another $3200 on his third turn. The $19,000 he won was doubled to $38,000 and adding the $25K is probably a record that will never be broken.

The two winners meet the previous week's winner for a chance at raising their winnings to $50,000 and the previous winner is playing for $100.000 or $200,000 if they won two weeks in a row ($200,000 is the top prize); not bad for a $1 ticket and a postage stamp.

The Lottery produces the TV show, stations decide if they want to air it, and there are non-lottery commercials. I've never understood how it could cost any lottery to have live ball drawings when the stations pay them to air it. The people that want to see Ohio's live drawing at 7:29 PM probably see all the commercials at the end of Wheel of Fortune and might stay tuned and watch Jeopardy. It's not prime time so it's win-win for the lottery.