Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

claiming a instant prize

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by latestmonkey.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #62136
June 18, 2008
3 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2008, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

hi folks, complete noob here.

I just won a few grand in a PA instant lottery scratch off.   I know I have to go to the retailer to file a claim form but what exactly does that mean?   Do they verify my ticket on the spot and file the claim?  Or do they send my ticket into lottery headquarters?  What if they lose it?

I've never won anything more than $50 before so I'm pretty excited.  Apologize for the noob question.

Albany
    United States
    Member #62081
    June 16, 2008
    42 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2008, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how they do it in PA but in Ga they get your name and ID for tax purposes and check to see it you owe the goverment and cut you a check right then, you have to let it set in the bank for 24 hours and its all yours congrats

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
      Washington *state*
      United States
      Member #62009
      June 14, 2008
      192 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2008, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Im not too sure how, ive never won big on a scratcher :( but I looked at my states lottery website for scratcher info and it said up to $599, any store selling can pay. I'm sure you have to fill out info for tax at the store...i think...anyway, prizes of $600 and more have to be claimed at the lottery office.  Your states website can provide the number.  You can also send it in the mail by apparently printing out a form online from your states lottery website for tax purpose.  And fill out all info on the back of the ticket.  Knowing me, I'd also scan the ticket haha.  But Id check out your states website for info.......You'll get alot of good info from all the LP people here too..I'm still waiting to win...Bet it felt great to see all those $$$$$$ huh?????Banana

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

United States
        Member #62136
        June 18, 2008
        3 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2008, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Well, the state's website says I have to go to a retailer and fill out a claim form.   But what I'm wondering is if I just turn it into the retailer, what's to keep them from losing it?

And yeah, it did feel pretty damn good.  I thought I only won $1000 at first but I kept on scratching and more kept showing up. 

thanks!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2008, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win latestmonkey! Cheers

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
            Member #62136
            June 18, 2008
            3 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2008, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win latestmonkey! Cheers

Cheers

grazi!