Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery wheels

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sysp34.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #60688
April 28, 2008
7 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2008, 2:39 am - IP Logged

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I'm confused.  Can anyone explain to me what lottery wheels do and how they are helpful?  I've read the instructions but I still don't understand it in the least... Thanks.

ebearam's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
    new york
    United States
    Member #60690
    April 28, 2008
    190 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2008, 2:54 am - IP Logged

The benefit of using lottery wheels is that if the numbers you select come out in the drawing, you will win multiple prizes. No one is going to hit the jackpot everyday, but if you can get a second or third prize on three different lines it would help you keep going until you hit the big one..

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
      Constitutional Money Is Real Money
      Brick City
      United States
      Member #1216
      March 3, 2003
      1782 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2008, 6:29 am - IP Logged

"Lottery Wheels" allow you to play a group of numbers equal to or greater than the total needed for the game you are playing in groups that will "lock in" a specific win depending upon the way the wheel is set up. For example, let's say you want to play Mega Millions or Powerball, which are both "Pick 5 +Pick 1" games, that is, you need to get 5 + 1 numbers correct to hit the jackpot. You would use a "Lottery Wheel" for the "Pick 5" part of the game and, depending upon the wheel, you could select a group of 5, 6, 7, 8 or more numbers to wheel together. Lets say you picked the following 7 numbers to play in your "Lottery Wheel":

Seven Numbers: 03, 07, 11, 15, 19, 36, 51

"Lottery Wheel":

Game 1: 03 07 11 15 19 + Power or Mega Ball

Game 2: 03 07 11 15 36 + ...

Game 3: 03 07 11 15 51 + ...

Game 4: 03 07 11 19 36 + ...

Game 5: 03 07 11 19 51 + ...

Game 6: 03 07 11 36 51 + ...

See how all the numbers were used in combination throughout all the games? This is the concept of the "Lottery Wheel", mix the group of numbers together in combinations to give as much coverage as possible. Hope this helps explain what "Lottery wheels" are for.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
      Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
      (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
      Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
      himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23349 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2008, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I'm confused.  Can anyone explain to me what lottery wheels do and how they are helpful?  I've read the instructions but I still don't understand it in the least... Thanks.

Click "Lottery Wheels" on the left.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
          Member #60688
          April 28, 2008
          7 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2008, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Big Hitter!  I understand it now, your explaination was so much easier than the LP one!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7344 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2008, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Big Hitter!  I understand it now, your explaination was so much easier than the LP one!

The explanation I see on LP clearly covers all the type of wheels available; full, key, and abbreviated. At the bottom of the page it says "Guarantee of x if y should be interpreted as, "Guarantee of an x-number match if y of the numbers drawn fall within your chosen set of numbers". 

For full wheels it says "Covers all possible combinations of the selected set of numbers." If you want full coverage of 15 numbers in a pick-5 game, there are 3003 possible combinations.

Abbreviated wheels "Does not cover all possible combinations, but guarantees at least one winning ticket if a certain amount of numbers drawn fall within your wheeled number set." A 15 number 3if5 abbreviated only has 13 combinations so it means that one of those combinations will match 3 number if 5 of the drawn numbers are among your 15 numbers. The "3" in 3if5 is the guarantee and the "5" is the amount of numbers you need to match to get the guarantee.

Key wheels "Works like an Abbreviated Wheel except that each ticket will contain your key number." If the number 7 is your key number in a 15 number key wheel, it will be in every combination and the other 14 numbers will be distributed into combinations to get the same type of guarantee an abbreviated wheel gives.

All the wheels have a Quick Pick feature so it chooses which of the 6 to 56 numbers used to play. The player can decide which wheel fits their budget whether they pick the numbers or use QPs. There are over 50 wheels that cost around $20 and under. 

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: June 20, 2008, 3:44 am - IP Logged

i think this is the best explanation of what a wheel is: Think of the lottery as fishes in the sea, well a wheel sew the numbers together to sort of create a fishing net to sort of traps the lottery numbers, in this case to sort of trap the fishes in the sea...The wheel will give you a certain guarantee...It will tell you, if you use so many numbers for example in the wheel/fishing net, you may trap so many lottery numbers in this case fishes...

Different wheels have different guarantees...

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
                Constitutional Money Is Real Money
                Brick City
                United States
                Member #1216
                March 3, 2003
                1782 Posts
                Posted: June 21, 2008, 10:40 am - IP Logged

You are welcome! Glad I was able to help.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7344 Posts
                  Posted: June 21, 2008, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

i think this is the best explanation of what a wheel is: Think of the lottery as fishes in the sea, well a wheel sew the numbers together to sort of create a fishing net to sort of traps the lottery numbers, in this case to sort of trap the fishes in the sea...The wheel will give you a certain guarantee...It will tell you, if you use so many numbers for example in the wheel/fishing net, you may trap so many lottery numbers in this case fishes...

Different wheels have different guarantees...

It sounds simple enough until you try to do it.

If you have a fish tank with 39 species of fish but only wanted 5 species and each time you cast the net, you got 5 different species of fish, you might have to cast it 575,757 times before you get the right 5 species. That's assuming you would get 5 different species on each cast, but since the fish are randomly swimming around the tank, you would eventually get duplicates so who knows how many cast it would take get the right 5 species.

You could separate 15 of the species and put them into another fish tank and cast the net 3 times and cross you fingers that the right 5 species are in that tank and those 5 species were caught in the same cast. That is the basics of 15 number wheel where each number (species of fish) appears 1 time in one of the 3 combinations (casts). If 5 of the 15 numbers matched the drawn numbers, you could have 1 correct number in the first combination and 2 each in the second and third. Or you could have 3 combinations with 1-1-3, 0-2-3,1-0-4, or 0-0-5. This would be a guaranteed two 2if5 15 number with 3 combinations wheel.

You could use each number twice in 6 combinations and increase the number of 2s and the chances of matching 3, 4, or 5. But to guarantee matching 3 of the drawn numbers in the same combination, you would need 13 combinations and 95 combinations to guarantee 4 matches.

Again it sounds simple enough until find out how difficult it is to find the right 15 numbers that will produce 5 matching numbers. If you only match 4 of the numbers you would still get one 2 number match on the 3 combination wheel but guarantee a 3 number match (3if4), you would need 24 combinations and 385 combinations to guarantee a 4 number match (4if4).

Since it's more likely we'll match 2 or 3 of the numbers with an occasional 4 match and match all 5 when the Moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, playing all the 3003 possible combinations on ever draw might net you a very small profit, but not a consideration for the average player. For budget play with win guarantees, we'll have to use 3if4, 2if4, 2if3, or 2if2 abbreviated wheels.

There are zone and conditional wheels too but it's probably better to first examine what you have accomplished. If you're consistantly matching 2 or 3 out of 15 with an occasional 4 and all 5 a couple times a year, find a wheel where you can benefit the most from those 2 or 3 matches. Lower the win expectations and play wheels that shows a tiny profit or loss and still have the chance to match all 5.

sysp34's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    Heroic City
                    Indonesia
                    Member #31689
                    February 2, 2006
                    1153 Posts
                    Posted: June 21, 2008, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

actually any lottery wheel will work as it designed (under conditions x if y)  to use it we must selected less than 15 numbers.

specially LP lottery wheels

1. Key Wheels (Gold and Platinummembers have access) - Works like an Abbreviated Wheel (see below),except that each ticket will contain your key number.  Use a key wheelif you're sure that a certain number will definitely appear in theresults, and you want the benefits of mathematically-reducedAbbreviated Wheel.

2. Abbreviated Wheels (Platinummembers have access) - Does not cover all possible combinations, butguarantees at least one winning ticket if a certain amount of numbersdrawn fall within your wheeled number set.  Abbreviated wheels are agood balance between wide coverage of numbers and a reasonable budget,and may be more suitable for the solo lottery player.  When choosing awheel, look for the criteria that must be met in order to guarantee awin, as well as the number of tickets that must be purchased.  Lottery Post features some of the best abbreviated wheels available anywhere.  In most cases they are exceptionally well-balanced and mathematically-minimal, providing unique value and benefit.

it will be good idea for mobile wagers since you can access on mobile gadget although select-ing right numbers even for less than 15 will be the challenge

good luck