Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LotSoft and Excel Export Problem

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
New York, NY
United States
Member #39471
May 16, 2006
2698 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2008, 8:05 am - IP Logged

Lotsoft is such a great program, but one of the more useful tools--being able to export data to Excel-- is a pain all over.

Has anyone found a work around the time it takes for this to export data to Excel form?  It appear that the P4 data can only be exported to a  data grid not to notepad as for the P3 data.

For not it takes so long--on my slower desktop I had to keep shutting down LotSoft because it appeared to be frozen.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

$$$

Mickie's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
    Spring Lake
    United States
    Member #313
    April 26, 2002
    181 Posts
    Posted: June 20, 2008, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Fibonacci

What is the speed of your computer. That is what it is depending on. How much are you exporting. I had that problem also exporting my MICH 4 file, 8584 draws with vtracs & without vtracs. I just divided the file into 4 parts and exported and put them back together. Now if I just export a year, it is less than a minute.

Hope it helps
    Mickie

MickieDisney

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      New York, NY
      United States
      Member #39471
      May 16, 2006
      2698 Posts
      Posted: June 20, 2008, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I had the prob on my old desktop and thought it was just comp speed.

But I have the same prob on a comp with Pentium 1.73 dual core processor.

I did break it down into year by year and less and it still takes a while. I would settle for a minute or 2 in a heartbeat.

$$$

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4054 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2008, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Lotsoft is such a great program, but one of the more useful tools--being able to export data to Excel-- is a pain all over.

Has anyone found a work around the time it takes for this to export data to Excel form?  It appear that the P4 data can only be exported to a  data grid not to notepad as for the P3 data.

For not it takes so long--on my slower desktop I had to keep shutting down LotSoft because it appeared to be frozen.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Every Lotsoft tool I wanted to export to Excel and other programs, I had Paurths program it for me.  For a fee of course.  The only problem I have are the missing leading zeros.  I know that's the easy way out but it works for me.

takeemtothebank