Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If Powerball & Megamillions combined & the tickets cost 2 dollars..

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 8 years ago by kloud9y2k.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2008, 1:11 am - IP Logged

What do you think will be the STARTING jackpot of Powerball & MegaMillions if they were to combined into 1 lottery? And what will be their biggest jackpot...

How about if they combined and each ticket cost $ 2.00...What will be their Starting Jackpot and what will be their biggest swollen jackpot hor far it will reach...

I am not ruling out the posibility of each ticket costing 2 dollars...Is already happening in Florida, is optional but that's how they start...

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2008, 1:13 am - IP Logged

If the ticket cost 2 dollar there might be more money to share for each state....

Pasadena MD
      United States
      Member #63021
      July 16, 2008
      15 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2008, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76, Let's take this strategy of larger lottos to the max,

INTRODUCING!

THE GLOBAL LOTTERY!

Can you imagine the jackpots for that?

Were talking Billions.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23262 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2008, 1:37 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

sweetbitterkiss's avatar - hello
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #59499
          March 17, 2008
          54 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2008, 8:42 am - IP Logged

i dont like the idea of $2 for a price because i will only be able to play one combination and right now with $2 i can play two combinations and i like it how it is right now if the combined them i think the chances of wining will be much harder right? or maybe i am wrong

one day my life will be complete ^_^

Pasadena MD
            United States
            Member #63021
            July 16, 2008
            15 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2008, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

i dont like the idea of $2 for a price because i will only be able to play one combination and right now with $2 i can play two combinations and i like it how it is right now if the combined them i think the chances of wining will be much harder right? or maybe i am wrong

Well sweetbitterkiss, The price and odds are determined by the size of the population which can play, the jackpots, etc... So the larger the jackpots and the less tickets sold = higher prices. The less the jackpots and the more tickets sold = lower prices. Those are just simple examples, it can be made way more complicated if those who run the lottery choose.

It also depends on what the lottery needs to bring in. Remember lotteries are designed to bring in money, not pay out money.

You are right though, the chances of winning would increase heavily.

Pasadena MD
              United States
              Member #63021
              July 16, 2008
              15 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2008, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Well sweetbitterkiss, The price and odds are determined by the size of the population which can play, the jackpots, etc... So the larger the jackpots and the less tickets sold = higher prices. The less the jackpots and the more tickets sold = lower prices. Those are just simple examples, it can be made way more complicated if those who run the lottery choose.

It also depends on what the lottery needs to bring in. Remember lotteries are designed to bring in money, not pay out money.

You are right though, the chances of winning would increase heavily.

Correction, the odds of winning would decrease heavily.

Sorry, it was a long nightSleep