Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think you will ever see a with 100 million Base Jackpot Lotto...

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Guru101.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2008, 1:19 am - IP Logged

I want this so bad to happen....I was to see like 6 Big lottos in the U.S, each Starting jackpot been 100 million another one been 200 million, another one been 300 million, another one been 400 million....

Do you think that you will ever see this in your lifestime, in the history of the U.S....

I didn't say grow to 100 million but instead the base/starting jackpot been 100 million and up....I mean even if the drawings are once a month....

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2008, 1:35 am - IP Logged

I want this so bad to happen....I was to see like 6 Big lottos in the U.S, each Starting jackpot been 100 million another one been 200 million, another one been 300 million, another one been 400 million....

Do you think that you will ever see this in your lifestime, in the history of the U.S....

I didn't say grow to 100 million but instead the base/starting jackpot been 100 million and up....I mean even if the drawings are once a month....

And i think it can be possible because Florida has a lotto that pays 25 million for 3 dollars and the 3 dollars are not mandatory they are optional and Florida is only 1 state of the U.S....

Now if you combine all of the states and charge 5 dollars per ticket you should come up with a lottery that pays 100 or 200 million base jackpot...I am talking even if it pays once a month....

Common sense tells me is got to be....

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      985 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2008, 5:14 am - IP Logged

I kind of doubt it because they'd have to sell at least 20 million tickets at $5 each, plus for the states to buy on they'd need to be getting a nice cut of that and there would have to be a healthy profit for those states, outside the taxes. It's late so I'm sure this isn't going to look right but do the math at Lotto Reports by looking up the sales figures for Mega Millions and Powerball, look how it adds up until there's a winner.

Also, what if no one wins? What becomes of that 100 million? Does it roll over for another long awaited monthly drawing? I think a month would be too long to wait, I'm sure they'd probably sell more than 20 million tickets given that much time though so maybe it might work. I dunno I need sleep.

You can't predict random.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1958 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2008, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

A game like this is really unnecessary. The base prizes of today's jackpot games are enough for anybody. We don't need a billion dollar jackpot.

Gonna win.Big Smile