Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Shoulda' coulda' woulda' syndrome

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 8 years ago by trulyblessed.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

How often do you have a number in your head but don't play it and it comes?

Never [ 1 ]  [3.70%]
Not Too Often [ 5 ]  [18.52%]
Frequently [ 12 ]  [44.44%]
I could make a fake living off money I shoulda won [ 9 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
Connecticut
United States
Member #61623
May 29, 2008
20581 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2008, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure most of us have done it.Whether the number came in later that week...that night  or mid month.BAM that one that has been in your head comes in str8 even though you were commited to other #'s financially and you didn't think it fit into the scheme of things.Happened to me countless times.Would love to know where everyone stands with the 'syndrome'

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2008, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

There have been times that I had a number in my mind to play, but I didn't end up playing it and it has come out. It's probably because I don't play the Pick 3 here that often and when I get numbers it's more for fun.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2008, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

I checked "not too often" because there was no "just once or twice" choice.   I know this is a pick 3 question but that happened to me when my pick 5 numbers were drawn one night.  (I've already moaned about this!)   That was a combination I played several times, so it really hurt, but I'm over it. (about 98%)

I don't play pick-3 very often, but I do think of numbers all the time that are drawn.  Sometimes I wonder if our minds play games on us, since sometimes I'm not quite sure if I really thought of the winning numbers or I see the results and think I thought of the number.

"Oh, that's my telephone exchange and I was going to bet that this week. Why didn't I?"

"Oh, that's my birthday and I thought about it all week.  Really"

"Oh, that's my IQ and I dreamed of playing it for so long but kept changing my mind."

"I weighed myself last week and knew as I stepped off the scale I should bet it. Darn."

Connecticut
        United States
        Member #61623
        May 29, 2008
        20581 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2008, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I checked "not too often" because there was no "just once or twice" choice.   I know this is a pick 3 question but that happened to me when my pick 5 numbers were drawn one night.  (I've already moaned about this!)   That was a combination I played several times, so it really hurt, but I'm over it. (about 98%)

I don't play pick-3 very often, but I do think of numbers all the time that are drawn.  Sometimes I wonder if our minds play games on us, since sometimes I'm not quite sure if I really thought of the winning numbers or I see the results and think I thought of the number.

"Oh, that's my telephone exchange and I was going to bet that this week. Why didn't I?"

"Oh, that's my birthday and I thought about it all week.  Really"

"Oh, that's my IQ and I dreamed of playing it for so long but kept changing my mind."

"I weighed myself last week and knew as I stepped off the scale I should bet it. Darn."

You mean to say to shoulda coulda woulda hit all  5???????...DAM   you must be one laid back chickie.I get all sorts of ruffled with the 3 didit games.The sheetrock at my place would look like swiss cheese if I ever lost a big number game.I know this example doesn't compare with your loss but the other night I picked for cash 5 here in CT.I picked from aimlessly staring into the archive and just jotted down 3 sets of numbers without thinking.Low and behold I got 4of 5.Unfortunately it only counted towards my stats here($150)...in actual CT money it 'woulda'  been a well needed 300.....ah well, better daysI guess

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: June 24, 2008, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

You mean to say to shoulda coulda woulda hit all  5???????...DAM   you must be one laid back chickie.I get all sorts of ruffled with the 3 didit games.The sheetrock at my place would look like swiss cheese if I ever lost a big number game.I know this example doesn't compare with your loss but the other night I picked for cash 5 here in CT.I picked from aimlessly staring into the archive and just jotted down 3 sets of numbers without thinking.Low and behold I got 4of 5.Unfortunately it only counted towards my stats here($150)...in actual CT money it 'woulda'  been a well needed 300.....ah well, better daysI guess

Yes.  As I said, we've all done it a lot, but I was playing different combinations of the numbers 2-7-8-10-19-28.  (family birthdays)   I still do.  In Jan I got 4 numbers with 2-7-10-19-28 and the winning numbers were 2-7-8-10-19.  Jackpot was $232K and 3 people hit.   I'm sure people are sick of hearing about this, but since you are a new member and asked....

No, I never was off by just 1 for a large jackpot like Lotto or MegaMoney.  I had the same thing happened with "out of the blue" numbers with Lotto.  I picked 6 numbers at the last minute and got 4/5.  The two I didn't pick were numbers I usually play.  I'm sure that happens to thousands of people everyday.  Who knows why we change our minds or don't play a number?  Maybe there is a big plan and, if we did pick those numbers, they wouldn't have been drawn! 

Connecticut
            United States
            Member #61623
            May 29, 2008
            20581 Posts
            Posted: June 24, 2008, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Yes.  As I said, we've all done it a lot, but I was playing different combinations of the numbers 2-7-8-10-19-28.  (family birthdays)   I still do.  In Jan I got 4 numbers with 2-7-10-19-28 and the winning numbers were 2-7-8-10-19.  Jackpot was $232K and 3 people hit.   I'm sure people are sick of hearing about this, but since you are a new member and asked....

No, I never was off by just 1 for a large jackpot like Lotto or MegaMoney.  I had the same thing happened with "out of the blue" numbers with Lotto.  I picked 6 numbers at the last minute and got 4/5.  The two I didn't pick were numbers I usually play.  I'm sure that happens to thousands of people everyday.  Who knows why we change our minds or don't play a number?  Maybe there is a big plan and, if we did pick those numbers, they wouldn't have been drawn! 

Honestly you're the first I ever heard that coulda hit the 5 digit game.That's bigtime.I know I couldn't rebound from something like that.That kinda money is somewhat life changing.I had an incident with Pball were I used fortune cookies but 1 set of numbers stood out.Not only did they look like winning #'s of a sort,they were red when every other fortune cookie I had were blue.Played em for a while with CT cash and got a couple petty hits.2 weeks later used em for pball and straight up got 4 nums with the powerplay(400)...sad part of the story is the pball # that night was 31 which is my fav and it was 2 rows up...coulda' won 40 g's...Thank god I got 400 because I'd prolly ended in an asylum over it   lol

Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: June 24, 2008, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Actually, I believe there have been a couple of people who have admitted that they skipped playing their regular numbers and missed winning big jackpots like Powerball and Mega Millions. I can't find their posts though. I think it happens every so often.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Connecticut
                United States
                Member #61623
                May 29, 2008
                20581 Posts
                Posted: June 24, 2008, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Actually, I believe there have been a couple of people who have admitted that they skipped playing their regular numbers and missed winning big jackpots like Powerball and Mega Millions. I can't find their posts though. I think it happens every so often.

That's mindboggling.Particularly if you're commited solely to the big drawings.I really don't think I could let something like that go for the rest of my life.Do you know if the people that happened to were religiously playing the same #'s?

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: June 24, 2008, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

I think one person said that they played the same numbers each draw, but they didn't make it to the store in time to get their tickets for one drawing and their numbers came out.

United States
                    Member #916
                    December 12, 2002
                    18335 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2008, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

I think this belongs in the "Discussion Forum" not in the Cash 3 forum

ohio
                      United States
                      Member #1563
                      May 24, 2003
                      13742 Posts
                      Posted: June 24, 2008, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Boy let me tell you!

Welcome to Hit'sville!

Land of Winners

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
                        Durham, North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #58710
                        February 23, 2008
                        6867 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2008, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

I actually missed out on around 69k back last year in the pick 5. I hardly ever play Cash 5 but when I did I play I played the same 5 numbers. Well one day I was gonna play and decided not to go to the store. That day all 5 of my numbers hit.
                        I felt like crying. No strategy just 5 numbers that were family members birthdays. I love pick 3 but just can't seem to get into the big games.

Lovies