Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What are the common problems you face when playing Mega Million?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Houston
United States
Member #62319
June 24, 2008
242 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2008, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I'm assuming the members on LP are thoroughbred players of the lottery games and I count myself as one. This is my first post but I've frequent this site for some time now.

I would like to see how far along the major players on LP in their system/method? I'm just putting in the finishing touch of what's been a 10 (plus) years of trail and tribulation in understanding lottery numbers. Not that I'm any expert but I consider myself good -- damn good.

The problems I have is a lack of "hopeful confidence." I can create good number a day or two before the draw. Comes the Draw Day, I end up changing the numbers or having second thoughts or trying to do too much instead of following my own way of picking the number, plain and simple.

There's been times I had numbers that was right all along and shouldn't have change it. When I really analyze my mistakes, I notice most of the time I'm doubting myself and my system way too much on Draw Day -- don't know why that is. If I can just stick with the method (plain and simple), the outcome could be pretty good.

What about you guys?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2008, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Your problems are not unique.  When you look all 56 numbers and try to pick a few of the 2.5% of the 176M possible combinations that will win something you're going to be unsuccessful 97.5% of the time same as most MM players.  Having a system or work-out just means you're spending a little more time doing it.  Most players consider that extra time spent as entertaining, not as extra work to be rewarded.

Doubting yourself is the results of how you've done in the past.  I usually keep several files to check after the drawings, one or two have the combinations I was going to play before changing my mind and one has the combinations I actually played. The most I've ever missed out on winning is a match4 and there are the times that I gained a match4 because I changed my mind at the last minute too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8361 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2008, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

My guess is lots of people do that.

My mom used to go to the track shed get prepared a couple days in advance pick her horses and jockeys then while standing at the betting window change her plays and low and behold the horses she picked in the first place won. She called it stupidity... i called it fear of winning .

If your sure about something stick with it don't change your picks at the last moment.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2008, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to point out that it's a lot easier to win a Pick 6 game than it is PB or MM not purely on the reason that the odds are a lot less. It also has to do with the fact that the 6 numbers are all in the same pool. Which is why I switched over to Hoosier Lotto(although I do still get PB quick picks sometimes). Having all 6 numbers in the same pool means my methods will have a much bigger effect on my winnings.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2008, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

possible combos of 6 with 49 numbers are 13983816
           MATCH    ODDS                        WINNING COMBOS        HITS/ 1 CHANCES
            6/6     1 : 13983816                1                        0
            5/6     1 : 54201                   258                      0
            4/6     1 : 1032                    13545                    0
            3/6     1 : 57                      246820                   0
           ______________________________________________________________________________
           overall odds are 1 : 53.6        expect 0 prizes with 1 chance
           winning combos 260624 = 1.86 % of possible combos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

possible combos of 5 with 56 numbers and 1 of 46 bonus numbers are 175711536
           MATCH    ODDS                        WINNING COMBOS        HITS/ 1 CHANCES
            5/5+B   1 : 175711536               1                        0
            5/5     1 : 3904701                 45                       0
            4/5+B   1 : 689065                  255                      0
            4/5     1 : 15313                   11475                    0
            3/5+B   1 : 13781                   12750                    0
            3/5     1 : 306                     573750                   0
            2/5+B   1 : 844                     208250                   0
            1/5+B   1 : 141                     1249500                  0
            0/5+B   1 : 75                      2349060                  0
           ______________________________________________________________________________
           overall odds are 1 : 39.8        expect 0 prizes with 1 chance
           winning combos 4405086 = 2.5 % of possible combos

While the odds of winning the JP in a multi-state are much higher, the overall chance of winning one of the smaller prizes in the multi-state games are much better which may explain why they out sell many of the local games.

Evil Looking       

NJ
            United States
            Member #60387
            April 15, 2008
            2 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2008, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm assuming the members on LP are thoroughbred players of the lottery games and I count myself as one. This is my first post but I've frequent this site for some time now.

I would like to see how far along the major players on LP in their system/method? I'm just putting in the finishing touch of what's been a 10 (plus) years of trail and tribulation in understanding lottery numbers. Not that I'm any expert but I consider myself good -- damn good.

The problems I have is a lack of "hopeful confidence." I can create good number a day or two before the draw. Comes the Draw Day, I end up changing the numbers or having second thoughts or trying to do too much instead of following my own way of picking the number, plain and simple.

There's been times I had numbers that was right all along and shouldn't have change it. When I really analyze my mistakes, I notice most of the time I'm doubting myself and my system way too much on Draw Day -- don't know why that is. If I can just stick with the method (plain and simple), the outcome could be pretty good.

What about you guys?

Common problems??  Losing!  LOL!Green laugh

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5120 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2008, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

G@@D >>POST>>M-TT:

MEGA problem>>>>........................the mega ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POWER problem >>........................the power ball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL

PSYKOMO

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #33719
                February 24, 2006
                705 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2008, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

What about you guys?

The problem I have is similar.  Trying to narrow down my general selection of numbers to a halfway decent size.  For instance, in the upcoming MM draw on Friday June 27th, I would venture that the following set of twenty-one numbers would capture three winning numbers, hopefully four, but I doubt it.  (05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 14 - 17 - 18 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 28 - 31 - 36 - 38 - 40 - 46 - 47 - 50 - 51 - 56)  Now, trying to narrow down this field to about 10 numbers without eliminating my projected three potential winning numbers is my problem.  Any suggestions!

Good Luck!

LottoL

Houston
                  United States
                  Member #62319
                  June 24, 2008
                  242 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2008, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Your problems are not unique.  When you look all 56 numbers and try to pick a few of the 2.5% of the 176M possible combinations that will win something you're going to be unsuccessful 97.5% of the time same as most MM players.  Having a system or work-out just means you're spending a little more time doing it.  Most players consider that extra time spent as entertaining, not as extra work to be rewarded.

Doubting yourself is the results of how you've done in the past.  I usually keep several files to check after the drawings, one or two have the combinations I was going to play before changing my mind and one has the combinations I actually played. The most I've ever missed out on winning is a match4 and there are the times that I gained a match4 because I changed my mind at the last minute too.

"Having a system or work-out just means you're spending a little more time doing it.  Most players consider that extra time spent as entertaining, not as extra work to be rewarded."

I do agree, it's entertaining and I definitely expect to be rewarded. I'm in it to win. That "extra" is actually the difference between a "real" player and a QP player. I'm the first.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19826 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2008, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

The problem I have is similar.  Trying to narrow down my general selection of numbers to a halfway decent size.  For instance, in the upcoming MM draw on Friday June 27th, I would venture that the following set of twenty-one numbers would capture three winning numbers, hopefully four, but I doubt it.  (05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 14 - 17 - 18 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 28 - 31 - 36 - 38 - 40 - 46 - 47 - 50 - 51 - 56)  Now, trying to narrow down this field to about 10 numbers without eliminating my projected three potential winning numbers is my problem.  Any suggestions!

Good Luck!

LottoL

You have participated in the Maddog MM challenge and know most to the time the winners are lucky to get 3 winning numbers in a pool of 12, you've gone and made it even tougher for yourself by trying to do it with a pool of 10.  Good luck.

Evil Looking       

DC81's avatar - batman39
                      MI
                      United States
                      Member #54830
                      August 31, 2007
                      985 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2008, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Fighting the urge to buy just one more ticket... Actually I wasn't going to even buy a single MM ticket until this coming Tuesday but I gave in and ended up buying two. My local grocery store's (store where I get a lot of sucky picks with consecutive numbers) machine was down and maybe I should have taken that as a sign but I went ahead and bought a ticket each at two gas stations. If anything I'm getting an idea as to the "quality" of the numbers picked by their machines...Thud

You can't predict random.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2008, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

My  problems.. Picking the wrong numbers

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: June 26, 2008, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

My problem, not being close enough to a state that offers Mega Millions. Wink

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #33719
                            February 24, 2006
                            705 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2008, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

You have participated in the Maddog MM challenge and know most to the time the winners are lucky to get 3 winning numbers in a pool of 12, you've gone and made it even tougher for yourself by trying to do it with a pool of 10.  Good luck.

Hi RjOh,

Going down to 10 numbers is my personal goal.  I haven't been too successful with it, but I'm still trying.  After running the previous 21 numbers thru my anaylsis, it looks like I'll be settling on the following numbers for Maddog's MM challange:  07 - 08 - 09 - 17 - 21 - 23 - 24 - 28 - 29 - 34 - 47 - 48.  If history is any indicator, I've probably captured just one number - if that many!!

Good Luck!
                            LottoL

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5120 Posts
                              Posted: June 26, 2008, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Hi RjOh,

Going down to 10 numbers is my personal goal.  I haven't been too successful with it, but I'm still trying.  After running the previous 21 numbers thru my anaylsis, it looks like I'll be settling on the following numbers for Maddog's MM challange:  07 - 08 - 09 - 17 - 21 - 23 - 24 - 28 - 29 - 34 - 47 - 48.  If history is any indicator, I've probably captured just one number - if that many!!

Good Luck!
                              LottoL

5-# GAME.............I boil it to................10 '##############

6-# GAME.............I boil it to.................13'##############

THIS work's with most JACKPOT game's for a 3 or 4 PRISE !!!!!!!

MM with a mega ball is not that EZ

PB  with a power ball is not that EZ<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>!!

LOL

PSYKOMO