Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Lotto in each state to start a bussiness to better the U.S Economy...

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 8 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2008, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Haven't you all heard that the more bussiness, small or big that are created the better for the economy...Well i feel there ought to be a millionaire lottery whether is free or it cost, that if you are a winner you must start a bussiness...You see lotto winners don't necessarily start a bussiness...That's why i feel that each state must have a MegaMillion style lotto where the pre-requisite/stipulation to be a winners is that you must start a bussiness...Well maybe you can take 50,000 for you but the rest is to start a bussiness....And if you don't comply you go to jail or your prize is giving to another person...

That way there will be more small bussiness created in America...If this lotto for small bussiness have to cost 3 dollars a ticket then so be it...Which is something i've been saying....Lotto's need to increase the cost of a ticket....

That way the United States will be advancing and getting better...

But the lottery has a difficult task ahead and that is persuading the rest of the population that doesn't play lottery than playing lottery is harmless....

The more small bussiness they are in a country the better because after time those small bussiness grow...

Anyway doesn't anybody know how much money you will have to have to be considered a small bussiness...

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2008, 12:12 am - IP Logged

Haven't you all heard that the more bussiness, small or big that are created the better for the economy...Well i feel there ought to be a millionaire lottery whether is free or it cost, that if you are a winner you must start a bussiness...You see lotto winners don't necessarily start a bussiness...That's why i feel that each state must have a MegaMillion style lotto where the pre-requisite/stipulation to be a winners is that you must start a bussiness...Well maybe you can take 50,000 for you but the rest is to start a bussiness....And if you don't comply you go to jail or your prize is giving to another person...

That way there will be more small bussiness created in America...If this lotto for small bussiness have to cost 3 dollars a ticket then so be it...Which is something i've been saying....Lotto's need to increase the cost of a ticket....

That way the United States will be advancing and getting better...

But the lottery has a difficult task ahead and that is persuading the rest of the population that doesn't play lottery than playing lottery is harmless....

The more small bussiness they are in a country the better because after time those small bussiness grow...

Anyway doesn't anybody know how much money you will have to have to be considered a small bussiness...

But the best way to do this it two ways if you become the winner of this lotto to start a bussiness...If you win 10 million dollars, place it in the bank and the 500,000 that you are going to get each year you use to to start your bussiness, may as well considere it a small bussiness, or with the 500,000 that you are going to get each year you take a long you think you can pay in 10 years with your 500,000 like 5 million dollars and you have your bussiness right there is a small but not too small...Don't take out 10 million dollars in loan when you have 10 million dollars in the bank always take out half of that...This is the best thing i can think of...YOu see another problem also with small bussiness sometimes is that they don't last because they use up all of their money and don't have money to take care off of the bussiness...If you win 30 million is even better....And so you go....

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2008, 12:34 am - IP Logged

this is what France, England, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Russia, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia , etc, etc need...

And if this winner have or wants to go abroad so be it, though it will be nice if he/she stayed at home....

DC81's avatar - batman39
        MI
        United States
        Member #54830
        August 31, 2007
        985 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2008, 5:09 am - IP Logged

There's so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start and it's too late to start writing it out so I'll try to after I get some sleep if someone else doesn't beat me to it, hopefully they will just so I don't have to type it out.

You can't predict random.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2008, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

All those scratchoff, they are wasting money, they cost $3 and $5 dollars and they pay like 50,000 or 200,000...That's sad...They ought to change that....They ought to charge $3 or $5 dollars and pay like 10 millions....Even the ones that cost $10 dollars do not pay 10 million dollars...They are really taking people's money away...

and they should stop the raffles...But that's happened when all you care about is money and not for the future of your country...

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2008, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

There's so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start and it's too late to start writing it out so I'll try to after I get some sleep if someone else doesn't beat me to it, hopefully they will just so I don't have to type it out.

"That's why i feel that each state must have a MegaMillion style lotto where the pre-requisite/stipulation to be a winners is that you must start a bussiness...Well maybe you can take 50,000 for you but the rest is to start a bussiness....And if you don't comply you go to jail or your prize is giving to another person..."

Who would even play a mega million style game with mega millions odds for a chance to win $50,000 with the added headache of starting a small business that most people have no experience running?

I've always wondered what happened to lottery executives who have an idea for a new game but hardly anybody plays after it's introduced. I'm pretty sure if any lottery executive came up with this idea, they would be asked to clean out their desk before the end of the business day.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2008, 12:13 am - IP Logged

not with mega million odds but like lotto6/49 or lotto6/52....America and every country in the world needs small bussiness, the more small bussiness it gets the better for the economy.....How do you think Walmart became walmart? I am sure Walmart started small...Where is you all sense of patriotism, where is your sense of wanting to see the U.S get better....This is perfect, perfect, perfect....This lotto where the winners will start a small bussiness is better than MEGAMILLIONS AND POWERBALL COMBINED...

The more of those lotto we have the better....I email this idea to MegaMillions asking them to implement them, yet they will not listen to me and what makes me mad is that this is for their betterment, yet they got a bunch of crapy scratch-off paying 25,000 and costing 3 dollars or 35,000 or 50,000...Tell me what is 25,000 to someone? Yet it you pay someone 10 million dollars to start a bussiness then things are getting better...

Someone wins the starting jackpot of 15 million and after taxes is left with 7 million and after 20 years that person has si a caso 50,000 left...Yet if he start a bussiness, 20 years from now the bussiness will start growing....

This is why the lottery needs to increase the prize of the tickets to 2 or 3 dollars and needs to stop selling that cheap crap of scratch-off it sells and give bigger payouts is scratchoffs....

Each state has like 34 different types of scratch-offs costing 5 bucks and up and none of them pay 20 million dollars.....Is just that you all don't see the GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8359 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2008, 1:24 am - IP Logged

What you suggest will never happen in the USA the lottery cannot force people to start a business. The majority of people who play and win big jackpots do so, so they can retire from their jobs and stop working or pursue their dreams like traveling and such. While the majority of winners might not have the desire to continue working after winning they will spend much of their time trying to find ways to spend their money.

The lottery's in the USA are in it to make money for the states they are not in business to make millions of people millionaires only a small percentage of the players will win over a million dollars. And that is regulated by the various lottery board members as to how many millionaires they will make from scratch off games and raffles.   

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                  CT
                  United States
                  Member #61398
                  May 21, 2008
                  781 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2008, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Letting someone spend their winnings as they wish will be much better for the economy than forcing them to start a business they will run into the ground in 2 years, puttnig them on welfare with $200,000 worth of debt to the IRS while increasing taxes for the rest of the individuals in the state to support the increased welfare needs.  Sounds about right, eh?

No one will play a lottery that forces you to work after you win it.  The idea is NOT to work after you win the lotto :)  Besides, the idea of the lottery is to make money for the state.  In a perfect world, the lottery would make MORE money for the state to a point where they could lower taxes and such and increasing the economy by giving more day-to-day money back in the hands of its residents.

Besides, it's hard to get a small business going in the world today with the Walmarts, Home Depots, Starbucks, etc, especially by someone who was forced into it.  If the lotto forced each winner to come over and clean my car every day, I doubt they'd do a very good job now would they :P

California
                    United States
                    Member #61514
                    May 25, 2008
                    67 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2008, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Original Post by pumpi76

"Well maybe you can take 50,000 for you but the rest is to start a bussiness"

So what would be the point in playing?  People play the lottery for the chance to win millions, not "$50,000" and the headache of owning a business.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2008, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

I agree with what the others have said. People play the lottery for a chance at winning a large sum of money and being able to do the things that they want to do. Some of your posts pumpi, are just really way out there.

crazy smilie

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2008, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

I am trying to win the lottery to give away the two businesses we own.

Small businesses are Huge Headaches.

The Car Business is the Greatest HeadAche of all...

Rant

Pasadena MD
                          United States
                          Member #63021
                          July 16, 2008
                          15 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2008, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Actually if you look at the winners from the past few years, you would find that some of the mid-largest winners already owned businesses or had enough money they were already doing what they wanted.

Pasadena MD
                            United States
                            Member #63021
                            July 16, 2008
                            15 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2008, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

this is what France, England, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Russia, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia , etc, etc need...

And if this winner have or wants to go abroad so be it, though it will be nice if he/she stayed at home....

Well, this gets complicated when it involves other countries as the Eastern European, Asian, Middle East, and South American countries would not go for it because those in charge are also in charge of the lottery companies or their friends are in charge and those people further own all the other business and resources of those countries so they would not allow some one to take their bread and butter.

The Western European countries are far too progressive to force their people to do anything.

The rest of the world kind of lags behind in the gambling arena.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23259 Posts
                              Posted: July 24, 2008, 1:38 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.