Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:13 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Iowa Million Dollar Raffle Results Posted

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 8 years ago by MaddMike51.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23261 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2008, 8:14 am - IP Logged

I didn't make a news story for this, simply because I'm not exactly timely in posting the results.  (They were drawn June 17th — 11 days ago.)

It's nice to see a small state like Iowa (small in terms of player base) have a raffle with a $1 million top prize.  Many smaller states go with a sub-$1million top prize, just to boost the quantity of lower-tier prizes. 

I prefer having a big top prize and perhaps a bit fewer lower-tier prizes, mostly because the top prize is what motivates me to play.

You can find the raffle results by going to the Iowa Lottery results page, and clicking the raffle link.

www.lotterypost.com/results/ia

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
    Member #58528
    February 18, 2008
    710 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2008, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

My wife & I each bought one raffle ticket.Neither of us won anything.

I,too,was glad to see Iowa have a raffle drawing because it has the best odds of winning a million dollars of any game that the Iowa Lottery offers.They didn't sell all of the raffle tickets,though.They probably sold enough for the game to pay for itself,but they couldn't have made a big profit on it.I hope they have another million dollar raffle in the future.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23261 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2008, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

My wife & I each bought one raffle ticket.Neither of us won anything.

I,too,was glad to see Iowa have a raffle drawing because it has the best odds of winning a million dollars of any game that the Iowa Lottery offers.They didn't sell all of the raffle tickets,though.They probably sold enough for the game to pay for itself,but they couldn't have made a big profit on it.I hope they have another million dollar raffle in the future.

I'm with you, I love the raffle games.  I don't think the lotteries do enough to educate people that the raffle exists and why it's so good.  Also, the Christmastime raffles do better because people give them as gifts.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2008, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I think the Iowa Lotterys timing was off.While this raffle promotion was running Iowa suffered several killer tornados and the worst flooding in 15 years.People around the state were preoccupied with survival to be concerned with a raffle.I hope some of the flood victims in Cedar Rapids and other towns were winners,they can sure use the money.