Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Listen to people

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Atlanta
United States
Member #47776
November 24, 2006
41 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2008, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Tonight at my part-time job, I was clocking out for lunch and as I was walking out the door, I asked a co-worker to give me three numbers to play for cash 3.  She hesitated for just a second and then said, play 248.  I said yeah ok.  But guess what, the number was 248 str in Georgia, but I did not even play it.  Stupid me.  I can kick my own self in the butt.  Please always listen to someone.  Especially if they don't even play the lottery (which she does not).  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2008, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Well, she was out money too. If she had bet her own numbers she would of won. I wonder if she is kicking herself for not playing.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5123 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2008, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

ALWAY'$ listen 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKO!!!!

PICK-4 9021

LOL

PSYKOMO

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2008, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Tonight at my part-time job, I was clocking out for lunch and as I was walking out the door, I asked a co-worker to give me three numbers to play for cash 3.  She hesitated for just a second and then said, play 248.  I said yeah ok.  But guess what, the number was 248 str in Georgia, but I did not even play it.  Stupid me.  I can kick my own self in the butt.  Please always listen to someone.  Especially if they don't even play the lottery (which she does not).  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

If somebody asked me for 3 numbers and they were drawn, my question to them would be "how much did you win?" because I can't think of one logical reason why somebody would ask for a number and not play it.

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
          Bayonne
          United States
          Member #61147
          May 13, 2008
          129 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2008, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

you have GOT to be kidding me right? why bother the co-worker then? why not just risk losing $1 and playing those numbers? why bother! why why why? i hope you didn't let them know their numbers came through and that you didn't bother to play them .. they would, certainly, question your mental ?? they would forever look at your crosseyed .. kinda like i'm looking at you now! hope that was a lesson learned - don't ask if you don't want to know or simply .. PLAY THE NUMBERS that YOU requested!!

What?Bash

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
            Gurnee, Illinois
            United States
            Member #49731
            February 12, 2007
            917 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2008, 7:50 am - IP Logged

Don't beat yourself up too hard...it would have only netted you less than $500 after taxes (assuming you do pay taxes) on a $1 straight bet win.  But on the real, I agree with the others...why ask someone if you don't follow through and play the numbers...hell I know most people blow a few dollars on name your addiction (i.e. smokes, liquor, beer, pop, any kind of vending machine product) most days so $1 would not be missed by most.  Now if in the future you ask someone for 6 numbers to play for Mega Millions, let me know because if you won't play those numbers, I damn sure will!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Think's avatar - lightbulb
              Marquette, MI
              United States
              Member #20541
              August 20, 2005
              705 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2008, 11:37 am - IP Logged

I once asked a clerk what 3 numbers where going to come up and he told me.  I didn't play them.

They next time I went into the store he said "I made a car payment with mine. What did you do with yours?.....Oh, thats right, you didn't buy a ticket!"

I have played every Mega, Classic, and Fant 5 I ever asked anyone for...most I ever got was 10 bucks on Mega. 

Atlanta
                United States
                Member #47776
                November 24, 2006
                41 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2008, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I once asked a clerk what 3 numbers where going to come up and he told me.  I didn't play them.

They next time I went into the store he said "I made a car payment with mine. What did you do with yours?.....Oh, thats right, you didn't buy a ticket!"

I have played every Mega, Classic, and Fant 5 I ever asked anyone for...most I ever got was 10 bucks on Mega. 

What makes it so bad, she don't even play the numbers....not cash 3, cash 4 or mega million or anything.  She is a very young girl, and kind of hesitated to think of those numbers.  That is usually how it happens, someone who does not play will eventually give you the winning number.  So, what I did was asked her to give me four numbers to play and she gave me 2367.  I am going to stay on that number for at least a week.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                  Connecticut
                  United States
                  Member #61623
                  May 29, 2008
                  20581 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2008, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

What makes it so bad, she don't even play the numbers....not cash 3, cash 4 or mega million or anything.  She is a very young girl, and kind of hesitated to think of those numbers.  That is usually how it happens, someone who does not play will eventually give you the winning number.  So, what I did was asked her to give me four numbers to play and she gave me 2367.  I am going to stay on that number for at least a week.

LOL....3627 was drawn in the TRI-State drawing

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5123 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2008, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

ALWAY'$ listen 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKO!!!!

PICK-4 9021

LOL

PSYKOMO

US FlagWhite BounceUS FlagUS FlagWhite BounceUS FlagBananaLurking

"HAPPY 4th of JULY"

LOL

PSYKOMO