Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I've always wonder...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 8 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19819 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2008, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has live drawings with balls every day and three days a week 4 games, Pick3, Pick4, Rolling Cash5 and Classic Lotto are included which has to be completed in about the time of a 30 seconds commercial.  Any mistakes and the drawing can't be completed on screen so they have to be sure everything is working right, even the announcer.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19819 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2008, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has live drawings with balls every day and three days a week 4 games, Pick3, Pick4, Rolling Cash5 and Classic Lotto are included which has to be completed in about the time of a 30 seconds commercial.  Any mistakes and the drawing can't be completed on screen so they have to be sure everything is working right, even the announcer.

I stand corrected, during the Cash Explosion show today I timed those four drawings and they took one minute and forty-five seconds.  They may go faster during the week days because they are shown during regular commercial time between TV programs.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2008, 11:57 pm - IP Logged
      The info i provided is straight off there website.

The Mega Millions Drawings are conducted under rigid security procedures.

Drawings are held at WSB-TV studio in Atlanta, Georgia every Tuesday and Friday night at 11:00PM eastern time. Many things go into a successful Mega Millions drawing.

• The drawing machines and ball sets for each game are randomly selected and certified by outside auditors, to ensure that balls and equipment allow each number an equal chance of being drawn.
      • Each Lottery drawing machine and ball set used goes through a series of pre-drawing tests to ensure the absolute randomness of the results.
      • There also are a series of post-drawing tests, which are conducted as part of the certification process.
      • Two draw officials who are lottery employees and one member of an independent auditing firm administer tests.
      • In addition to these measures, all of these steps are videotaped to further ensure the integrity of the process.
      • All draw equipment is securely maintained with limited access to draw officials only.

The entire process takes approximately three hours for a drawing that takes less than 60 seconds.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2008, 12:59 am - IP Logged

"The entire process takes approximately three hours for a drawing that takes less than 60 seconds."

They must get paid by the hour!  Jester

Houston
          United States
          Member #62319
          June 24, 2008
          242 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2008, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Drawings are held at WSB-TV studio in Atlanta, Georgia every Tuesday and Friday night at 11:00PM eastern time. Many things go into a successful Mega Millions drawing.

• The drawing machines and ball sets for each game are randomly selected and certified by outside auditors, to ensure that balls and equipment allow each number an equal chance of being drawn.
          • Each Lottery drawing machine and ball set used goes through a series of pre-drawing tests to ensure the absolute randomness of the results.
          • There also are a series of post-drawing tests, which are conducted as part of the certification process.
          • Two draw officials who are lottery employees and one member of an independent auditing firm administer tests.
          • In addition to these measures, all of these steps are videotaped to further ensure the integrity of the process.
          • All draw equipment is securely maintained with limited access to draw officials only.

The entire process takes approximately three hours for a drawing that takes less than 60 seconds.

Yes, you're right and the link is straight off the MM's website. Yes, it does take approximately 3 hours for pre-tests with the live drawing, less than 60 seconds (as I've stated). However, the two procedures are not simultaneously done. There's a "waiting time" after the pre-tests (during the day or evening) and then the live draw are conducted at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

Now, the problem I see is still the 15 minutes laspe before the live draw. The website say they announce the numbers at 11:00 PM but as players, we know the terminals stop sales for that particular draw date at 10:45 PM. The point of my argument: Why the 15 minutes holdup?

From 10:45 PM to 11:00 PM (Draw Time), what are they doing ??? The pre-tests are done with. The terminals process the numbers from the MM states much faster than a 15 minute lull, so what's the holdup? That's the question.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5114 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2008, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Yes, you're right and the link is straight off the MM's website. Yes, it does take approximately 3 hours for pre-tests with the live drawing, less than 60 seconds (as I've stated). However, the two procedures are not simultaneously done. There's a "waiting time" after the pre-tests (during the day or evening) and then the live draw are conducted at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

Now, the problem I see is still the 15 minutes laspe before the live draw. The website say they announce the numbers at 11:00 PM but as players, we know the terminals stop sales for that particular draw date at 10:45 PM. The point of my argument: Why the 15 minutes holdup?

From 10:45 PM to 11:00 PM (Draw Time), what are they doing ??? The pre-tests are done with. The terminals process the numbers from the MM states much faster than a 15 minute lull, so what's the holdup? That's the question.

THIS BRO KNOW'$ >>Puke>>>Jack-in-the-Box

A jeep R A tank kan play mega

butt, Kan-U play "MadDog"???

????????????????????????

LOL

PSYKOMO

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5591 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2008, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

The 15 min period doesn't bother me too much, but I have to wonder, what happens if the machine fails the "post-drawing test"?

In any case, I don't worry about them cheating players.....with 175+ million to one odds, they don't need to cheat.