Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I JUST WON $500 on a $1 doller scratch ticket!!

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Michigan
United States
Member #59293
March 12, 2008
121 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2008, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

just kidding just a catchy title. anyway.

If you ever won a 50 million doller cash jackpot would you buy a 10 million doller house? or is it too much?

if i ever won 50 million Id defeinitly buy a 10 million doller house i am left with 40 million. another million goes to furniture and decorating the house. Id buy at least 5 expensive cars, Mercedes s600. bently GT coupe, A masarati, BMW 760LI,  range  rover.. and put  10 million in the bank and earn CDS on it. i am left with about 12-15 million after taxes  ill spend it  going to bars and strip clubs and take  vacations  all year..AHHH the sweat LIFE...

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
    Washington *state*
    United States
    Member #62009
    June 14, 2008
    192 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2008, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Nah, I'm a simple life kind of gal.  I want at least a 4 bedroom house with 2-3 full baths. I want it to be like the Waltons home lol.  Comfy and homey...with a big ol' tire swing out front haha.  Nothing too fancy where your too afraid to touch anything.  I have never had a up to date functional kitchen, so its gonna be a beauty.  I want everything to work (unlike my current home).  A 2 car garage for my mini-van (soccer mom) and my hubbies new truck.  Also a parking space for my decent sized motor home for traveling the U.S....Something I've wanted to do for years.  A good sized yard with inground pool and pool house.........nice BBQ area.  Sounds too much, but def not a mansion.  I'd love to travel though I'm not too sure where.  Hawaii first, I gotta go to Hawaii.  Then I'd find something to do that I think I would really enjoy (cooking classes, photography, horseback riding etc.)  Gots ta keep busy or bordom will make one spend and spend and spend till its gone.  EEKS!

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

Washington,Michigan
      United States
      Member #11416
      February 13, 2005
      637 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2008, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Hey Steven948 your from Warren,Michigan. Im from Washington,Michigan. I hope you hit Mega Miliions jackpot.  There alot of peoples from Michigan that want Mega Millions jackpot. One I hear he from Shelby. He won over 100 millions in Mega Millions.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10391 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2008, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Steven948,

"If you ever won a 50 million doller cash jackpot would you buy a 10 million doller house? or is it too much?"

No, that's way too much. I'd buy one of those surplus Air Force missile silos up in the Dakotas - why not Minot!, and a yurt somewhere the summer temperature never got above 65 and the winter temperature never got below 25.

Or a lighthouse might be neat, too.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Republic of Texas
          United States
          Member #57557
          January 9, 2008
          1095 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2008, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Nope.  Not me.  I'd buy about a $750k house to live in + a $750k beachhouse on the beach (no second row for me) for relaxation.  I'd invest about 80% net of taxes to live well in a quiet and luxurious way.  Smile

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2008, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

No way, it'd be insane to spent 1/5th of your winnings on a single piece of property. I'd want to build my own but I'd prefer do it in a price range of 250-500K (could be higher, wouldn't surprise me). Though admittedly it does depend on how much money I'd win but I still wouldn't go nuts buying or building something I could never make back the money I put into it. But I think $250,000-$500,000 that'd still be the "sweet spot" for building what I want. I wouldn't need a HUGE place, 2500-3000 square feet, along with at least an acre, in a good area and a nice enclosed pool would be more than enough space. Though it'd just be me so I really wouldn't even need a place that big either but it's just something I've been thinking about, I'm working on a floor plan to give myself a better idea of how it'd work. I'd probably live outside a big city also, maybe a decent size town that has most everything I'd want, just not rural like the area I'm in now. I'd probably want to move back to Florida, I know it's changed a lot in the several years since I was down there for a whole six months but I still think that'd be a prefered area, at least compared to where I am now. I know cost would be higher but I think with the huge downturn in construction I'd probably be able to get a better deal and probably built faster since they wouldn't be as busy as they were a couple years ago.

Most of the winnings would certainly go into investing, at 50 million even if I was getting a measly and horrible 5% (2.5M before taxes) return annually that'd be more than enough for me to live off of, 60-80% of that could probably go back into investing or savings.

You can't predict random.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
              Kunming
              China
              Member #57910
              January 23, 2008
              3626 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2008, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

If you ever won a 50 million doller cash jackpot would you buy a 10 million doller house? or is it too much?

if i ever won 50 million Id defeinitly buy a 10 million doller house i am left with 40 million. another million goes to furniture and decorating the house. Id buy at least 5 expensive cars, Mercedes s600. bently GT coupe, A masarati, BMW 760LI,  range  rover.. and put  10 million in the bank and earn CDS on it. i am left with about 12-15 million after taxes  ill spend it  going to bars and strip clubs and take  vacations  all year..AHHH the sweat LIFE...

I think that younger people think in terms of buying an expensive house maybe as a status thing. Me, at my age I would buy a nice house under a million and enjoy traveling and sharing my joys with others.

Play to win!

United States
                Member #58528
                February 18, 2008
                710 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2008, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I'd find a state that doesn't have a personal income tax and build a small,maintenance free home there so I can claim residence in that state.I'd spend most of my time traveling around America in my brand new state of the art motorhome,though.The motorhome would have a garage on it so I could fill it up with blankets and medical supplys and cleaning supplys so I could pass this stuff out in areas of the country that have just gone through a flood,hurricane,tornado,wildfire,etc.

Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #59293
                  March 12, 2008
                  121 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2008, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Yeah the last 3 jackpot winners 2 of them were in michigan so i dont think a michigan resident will win it in another 6 months at least. theres still 7 or 8 other states that wanna win it.

man if i win mega millions thats my dream.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5143 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2008, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

PSYKO won mega>>>>>>> 1,000,000 (don't KIDD)!!!!

WE R CERIAL and don't CATER to >>>>>>>>>LurkingLurkingPukeLurking

LOL

PSYKOMO

DC81's avatar - batman39
                      MI
                      United States
                      Member #54830
                      August 31, 2007
                      985 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2008, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Actually it was two of the four, if you want the two Michigan winners. There was Sneath back on April 1st, then a winner of course in Ohio (which had three winners in a row back in 2006 with 12M, 270M, 265M) and two winners of a 17M jackpot from New Jersey and another state which I can't recall ATM, neither of whom have come forward yet strangely. Of course the last one was the guy near Grand Rapids.

You can't predict random.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1958 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2008, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Probably not a $10,000,000 home,  but I would have no problem buying a $5,000,000 home if I win $50,000,000 or more after taxes.

Gonna win.Big Smile

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2008, 12:06 am - IP Logged

I have no need for a huge house, so I wouldn't see a need to buy a $10,000,000 one...even if I had access to that much money in the first place.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Washington,Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #11416
                            February 13, 2005
                            637 Posts
                            Posted: July 9, 2008, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Steven948 I hope you hit Mega Millions jackpot. Just for that Im going to get like 15 tickets when the jackpot really high. Wish me luck.

Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #59293
                              March 12, 2008
                              121 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2008, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Steven948 I hope you hit Mega Millions jackpot. Just for that Im going to get like 15 tickets when the jackpot really high. Wish me luck.

Thanks..good luck!!