Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When does a number (or numbers) HAVE to be played?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10347 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2008, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Whether it's Pick 3, Pick 4, or a jackpot game, when do numbers HAVE to be played?

When you see the same numbers on different license plates several times in a day?

When you have two bills with the exact same amount?

When? Or are you able to just ignore such things?

I've seen lots of things like those examples, but they've never hit for me.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
    Washington State
    United States
    Member #33973
    February 26, 2006
    347 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2008, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

I've only had one experience when I felt numbers HAD to be played.  As I was falling asleep one night, I heard two numbers in my ear just as clearly as if there was a man speaking right in my room.  From what I've read since, hearing a "voice" as one falls asleep is not an unusual experience and is usually meaningless.  But at the time, I was only playing the state lotto, so used those two numbers in combination with various others in the next lotto drawing for several tickets and BOTH NUMBERS HIT!  Unfortunately, none of my combinations came up with more than four winning numbers.  I think I won a total of $140 or so.

That was about twenty years ago and I haven't heard any such "voices" since.  If I do in the future, it would be nice to "receive" more than just two numbers!  Wink

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
      Connecticut
      United States
      Member #61623
      May 29, 2008
      20581 Posts
      Posted: July 11, 2008, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Whether it's Pick 3, Pick 4, or a jackpot game, when do numbers HAVE to be played?

When you see the same numbers on different license plates several times in a day?

Numbers(play3) REALLY need to be played when sums of 11 come to town.I repeatedly kick myself in the a%s for not playing sums of 7 since they follow each other unbelievably in CT.I lost a grand the other day for over thinking on the way to the store.I woke up 034/043 seriously on my mind from the night before.I did my morning handicap and low and behold it lined up to being just that.What did my dumb a*s do...???changed the number by a digit to 044/440....but other than that numbers need to be played when they won't get out of your head even when there's no foundation to that number coming.

pittsfield
        United States
        Member #62951
        July 14, 2008
        3 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2008, 12:20 am - IP Logged

One time I was watching tv with one of my friends and the drawing for the 4 digit numbers game came on tv, so I just blurted out some numbers.  Hit all 4 exact, I was just like, well there goes my chance to win the lotto lol

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: July 15, 2008, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I TOLD someone when certain numbers HAD to be played: they laughed at me, and sure enough, the number(s) I told them hit exactly in the time frame I told them they would. 

Problem is, those numbers don't ALWAYS come up, and don't ALWAYS hit - but they hit with about 80% accuracy.

Next problem is, it's only one number, you need all six.

If a person played ALL the numbers they blurted out, or crossed their minds, they would be bankrupt. Evidence is, we here do that, none of us have won the jackpot yet.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: July 15, 2008, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Today I had a dream where a certain set of numbers came out and now I have to play them. So yeah, there are times that I have to play numbers because I am afraid they will come out.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10347 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2008, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

My wife and I were in a store this morning and she was looking at stuff in the craft section.

Somone had taken a combination lock shaped like a soccer ball and locked it to a bag of beads.

Being curious I flipped it over, and the combination was on the back!

So I took it to the hardware section where the locks are and there was one more lock just like it, with its combination on the back....and those were the only two with combinations showing!

So on the way home....

Green laugh   

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2008, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm just the opposite.  I see numbers and don't play them and then they get drawn that very evening!   Example:  I was staring at an address on an envelope that had 122 on it.  I even thought about that number for some strange reason.  Then 1-22 were picked that night for pick-5.  The other 3 numbers were 28-29-30 and 28 was my mother's birthday and there have been numerous 3 consecutive number hits.  All that went through my head, but I didn't play them because I already bought my ticket and I can't just spend more money on every number I think is calling to me. 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: July 30, 2008, 12:14 am - IP Logged

I agree. I sometimes see numbers on cars, clocks. etc. that I want to play, but I rarely play those. However the only time that I will buy extra tickets, even after I've already bought some tickets, is when I have a dream with numbers in it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."