Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A simplier Search Engine...

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Houston
United States
Member #62319
June 24, 2008
242 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2008, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd,

Consider this suggestion...how about having the search engine simplified by categorizing specific interests. Take for instance, I want search topics specifically on methods, systems, ideas, discoveries etc. It's pointless wading through thousand of pages of information to find that particular interest.

Alot of the "history" at L.P is like 95 percent of "talking about nothing" and like, 2 percent of "quality information" like, illustrating a system, method or explaining an idea, discoveries etc.

I just put out a post yesterday about the numbers in the first 3 columns compared against the last 2 columns for Mega Million. If a newcomer was looking for that particular information, he/she would have to wade through pages after pages, not knowing if he or she will find what they looking for.

Maybe a option where a member can click (under Topics): Methods. Then show all the topics related with methods. Discoveries/tips etc, then show all the topics related with discoveries, tricks, and tips.

This "quality information" should be separated from the "chitchat" topics that reveals or contribute nothing to the games itself. You see what I mean?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23348 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2008, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Well, we most certainly disagree on the definition of "quality", judging from your abysmally low percentage of "quality" posts that you estimate.  To each their own.

I'd recommend checking the Favorites saved by your favorite posters.  That would be a good indicator of what that person feels is "quality".  (I tend to think of it as "significant", rather than "quality".)

Click the person's name, then click "Member's Shared Favorites".  You can give it a try on my name if you'd like, since I make it a habit of saving topics and individual posts I feel are significant.

If you have a favorite poster who does not save favorites, perhaps you can encourage them to do so.  It's not just a community benefit, but also a personal benefit to help keep track of things you want to refer back to later.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!