Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Each lottery a personality..

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by kloud9y2k.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: July 18, 2008, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

Do you think each lottery has a unique personality or/and each machine....Because they do...

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
    Connecticut
    United States
    Member #61623
    May 29, 2008
    20581 Posts
    Posted: July 18, 2008, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Do you think each lottery has a unique personality or/and each machine....Because they do...

I believe mega mil and powerball are unique..but to a degree a persistent player of each can feel the way the #'s will swagger....I'm still astounded how the "States" in general surround each other in pick 3....for example yesterday is was the 91 thing.No matter what the first draw is in whichever state..somehow the same tone will occur in most others.You call it personality I call it phenomenon    LOL

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #58526
      February 18, 2008
      683 Posts
      Posted: July 18, 2008, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Well, if each lottery has a personality................most of 'em piss me off Angry

Just kiddin'

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2008, 12:14 am - IP Logged

I don't believe the Powerball and Mega Million balls and machines have their own personality. They are not living beings.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: July 19, 2008, 2:39 am - IP Logged

I believe mega mil and powerball are unique..but to a degree a persistent player of each can feel the way the #'s will swagger....I'm still astounded how the "States" in general surround each other in pick 3....for example yesterday is was the 91 thing.No matter what the first draw is in whichever state..somehow the same tone will occur in most others.You call it personality I call it phenomenon    LOL

me too johnybgood...me too...

That's what i was refering to mostly, pick3 and pick4...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: July 19, 2008, 3:28 am - IP Logged

I don't believe the Powerball and Mega Million balls and machines have their own personality. They are not living beings.

I agree.  An animal even has a personality, but not a game or machine.  The people who play them do, i.e., the type of person who buys pick-3 tickets might have a different personality than someone who plays PB. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: July 19, 2008, 4:13 am - IP Logged

I don't believe lottery have personalities but each lottery has a unique set of circumstances which make each one unique and what happens often in one may never happen in another one even though it may be very similar. 

Some  players who study a particular game can anticipate certain numbers coming up and get luckier than the average players, at least some system players believe that.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: July 19, 2008, 4:22 am - IP Logged

I feel that as well. Everything has its own unique personality, or aura. You can feel it just by looking at anything. Of course one must be open and receptive to higher levels of spiritual thinking as opposed to being limited by man's logic and intellect alone.

Many assume that simply because the human senses or intelligence cannot detect something that is must not exist. This is a very limited way of thinking, and cancels out any chance of divine intervention. I am a healthy skeptic, but always open to possibilities that may not have been known, seen, or believed before.

Pasadena MD
                  United States
                  Member #63021
                  July 16, 2008
                  15 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2008, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

I believe what pumpi76 was referring to is that in the construction, design, and use of the machines whether intentional or not they seem to fall into certain groves of number generation and picks.

When you look at this from a common sense perspective it does not seem possible, but if you looked at it from a science perspective, I am sure that if you had the exact same machines and balls and ran them in the exact same manner you would find that certain air, pressure, speed factors, temperature, electronics, ball weight, etc... will produce similar results more often than if all the factors were 100% random.

So considering that most of the equipment and materials for the games does not change then each lottery would have its own tendencies or “personality”. Not a personality in the emotional and self aware sense.

You must also consider that the lotteries use some of the best marketers and therefore would have thought to make the games different from each other without altering the results too much so that they could attract different players which they might have lost without the different models of the games.