Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Batman movie.

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Washington,Michigan
United States
Member #11416
February 13, 2005
595 Posts
Posted: July 18, 2008, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I seen new Batman movie today. They talk about lottery in it. They said you have a better chance of winning the powerball. Maybe you do lol.

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: July 19, 2008, 2:35 am - IP Logged

I seen new Batman movie today. They talk about lottery in it. They said you have a better chance of winning the powerball. Maybe you do lol.

Pardon me for been too intrested but what was the complete sentence, what did they say?

They say you have a better chance at winning the Powerball than what?

thanks a lot...

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      985 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2008, 3:07 am - IP Logged

If it's spoiler related, maybe it's better not to, or at least give a good warning and make the spoiler text hard to read.

I really want to see the movie but probably won't until Sunday or maybe next weekend when hopefully the crowds let up because the response has been rather insane.

You can't predict random.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
        CT
        United States
        Member #61398
        May 21, 2008
        781 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2008, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

The movie was absolutely phenominal.  We got in 15 minutes before the start and had to sit in the front row, and it was still worth it! 

Washington,Michigan
          United States
          Member #11416
          February 13, 2005
          595 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2008, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

They said you have a better chance of winning the powerball. Then I think some died.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2008, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Yes, please --  no spoilers here!  The movie is too new.  I'll never forget the time I was eating at a nice restaurant and I was going to see Dances With Wolves after dinner.  The woman in back of me just came from the show and said "Wasn't it sad when..."  I wanted to strangle her!!!! 

Pumpi, I haven't seen Batman, but I can assure you that it wasn't said in a positive way.  People use expressions like that all the time.   It sort of replaced getting hit by lightning.  Someone will say "I hope the boss gives me a promotion & a raise this month."  Then a coworker will say "You've got a better shot at winning the Lottery."   Or 2 old men might be talking and one will look at a beautiful young girl and say "Now, I'd like to wake up to her in the morning" and the other will answer "You've got a better chance of winning the Lottery."   Etcetera, etcetera.....

DC81's avatar - batman39
              MI
              United States
              Member #54830
              August 31, 2007
              985 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2008, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, saw it this afternoon, lived up to the hype and then some, editing in spots when going from one scene to the next was a bit iffy I thought, kind of abrupt. The line isn't really spoilery, nor the situation it was said in but still I think it might be better just to see it. Wink

You can't predict random.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2008, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Yeah, saw it this afternoon, lived up to the hype and then some, editing in spots when going from one scene to the next was a bit iffy I thought, kind of abrupt. The line isn't really spoilery, nor the situation it was said in but still I think it might be better just to see it. Wink

I also watched it. It was very good. I really enjoyed it. I am thinking about seeing it again tomorrow. lol.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."