Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

250K Mi Mm

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by dld1961.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
705 Posts
Posted: July 19, 2008, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I see that the 2nd place MM winner that was sold in MI for this last draw was sold at Dmitris in Dearborn Heights.  Dmitris also had big scratch off and Fantasy 5 prizes lately.  Oh...and coincidently Dmitiris is right across the street from the Lottery office in Dearborn Heights...Hmmmmmmmm.......

Who says lightning doesn't strike dozens of times in the same place....Disapprove

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: July 19, 2008, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

I see that the 2nd place MM winner that was sold in MI for this last draw was sold at Dmitris in Dearborn Heights.  Dmitris also had big scratch off and Fantasy 5 prizes lately.  Oh...and coincidently Dmitiris is right across the street from the Lottery office in Dearborn Heights...Hmmmmmmmm.......

Who says lightning doesn't strike dozens of times in the same place....Disapprove

i say it...How many retailers does your state have?

i say it shouldnt happen because i've heard this comments before, it has happened before in the past don't remember where so it should not happen again...

but you could say 3 is the most it can happen....

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      985 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2008, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Over 11,000 I think but most of Michigan's population is in that area. At least compared to other areas of the state.

You can't predict random.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2008, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

my bad i didn't read the part that said: dozens of times in the same place...

the lotto will strike the same place over and over but over period of time not instantly or at least is not suppose to...

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2008, 12:23 am - IP Logged

It's not really a surprise. Some stores have had multiple winners. I believe there is a store in California that have had like 4 or 5 big jackpot winners alone.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
            Inglewood
            United States
            Member #41769
            June 22, 2006
            122 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2008, 12:55 am - IP Logged

It's not really a surprise. Some stores have had multiple winners. I believe there is a store in California that have had like 4 or 5 big jackpot winners alone.

Well, you're absolutely right. They have sold 3 jackpots at least, and the largest daily derby in California draw history! And are rated the 3rd luckiest store in California. It's a bit down the street from me, but the lines go on forever!!! Bluebird Liquor.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2008, 1:07 am - IP Logged

Not a coincidence at all.  It makes sense that a store near a Lottery office sells a lot of tickets.  If you cashed in a winning ticket then you might go across the road to the store and buy a lot more tickets, right?

There are a few stores around here that have had multiple winners.  One local Publix store has had several Fantasy 5 winners over the years and a couple of very large Lotto jackpot winners.  The Sweetbay right up the road from me sold a ticket to one of the winners of a $47M FL Lotto jackpot (not a QP)  Not long ago someone bought a $10,000 scratch-off there too.   It happens. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23275 Posts
                Posted: July 20, 2008, 10:34 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

DC81's avatar - batman39
                  MI
                  United States
                  Member #54830
                  August 31, 2007
                  985 Posts
                  Posted: July 20, 2008, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

There's that store in Comstock Park, MI that has sold two million dollar raffle tickets and the last MM jackpot that was won, all in about a six month span..

You can't predict random.

wyoming, michigan
                    United States
                    Member #53058
                    June 22, 2007
                    637 Posts
                    Posted: July 20, 2008, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Also please note Dearborn has sold more winning jackpot tickets for the Michigan lotto than any other area in Mi.  Game has changed amount of #s at least 4 times but the winners are pretty much from that area.  I think 9 millionaires.  God bless and good luck.