Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

possible?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 8 years ago by blackblue.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #61785
June 4, 2008
33 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2008, 3:03 am - IP Logged

In California, If one got lucky enough the win the lottery jackpot and wanted to stay anonymous, would they be able to for a long time? or would the winner's name be publicly released in like...5 years or something...

And also, How far away do you like to go to purchase your ticket(s)?

I want to start playing again but do not want buy tickets in my city.Surrounding cities are pretty close.

DC81's avatar - batman39
    MI
    United States
    Member #54830
    August 31, 2007
    985 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2008, 6:40 am - IP Logged

Last I checked, California has an anonymity option, they won't release your name, period. The only way it'll get out then depends on what you do and who you tell, if you tell anyone that is. I'm sure that's only for the state lotteries and not MM.

You can't predict random.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2008, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I believe that DC81 is right about the anonymity option. And about how far I like to travel for tickets and if I buy them in the same city....I don't go far to buy tickets. I won't go out of my way to another place just to get tickets. I get them at one of the many grocery stores and gas stations that around.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
        Member #61785
        June 4, 2008
        33 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2008, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

In california, Can you remain anonymous if you win mega millions as well even though that is a multi state game?