Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sad news out of Long Island AGAIN!!

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 8 years ago by THALIA.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Long Island
Bahamas
Member #59488
March 17, 2008
1555 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2008, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I just got a phone call telling me of this tragedy that happened today.  I am still in shock.  Two of Bishop Harcourt Pinder former pastor of the Church of God, on East Street and Lilly of The Valley corner in Nassau along with one of his granddaughters, drowned today in Dean's Blue Hole in Clarence Town, Long Island.  I met his daughters for the first time on Sunday past when they sang at the gospel concert during the last day of Homecoming.  They were so happy and sang so beautifully.  Who knew that it was their last time!!  To be honest, I don't remember their names, one resided in Freeport and the other worked for foreign affairs in NY.  Please pray for the family especially Bishop Pinder who is very ill, and as a matter of fact, their death is being kept from him out of fear that he will not take the news too well.  They said that the reason why they were on Long Island was to celebrate along with their parents their 53rd wedding anniversary. A joyous occasion, ends in tragedy.  God know best and he never put more on us than we can bear.  so sad.... 

MAY THEIR SOULS AND ALL OF THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED, REST IN PEACE!!!

We gat haterz everywhere we go.  No longer do I cry when fake friends say, "Goodbye!"

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
    OHIO
    United States
    Member #4164
    March 27, 2004
    14586 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2008, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I just got a phone call telling me of this tragedy that happened today.  I am still in shock.  Two of Bishop Harcourt Pinder former pastor of the Church of God, on East Street and Lilly of The Valley corner in Nassau along with one of his granddaughters, drowned today in Dean's Blue Hole in Clarence Town, Long Island.  I met his daughters for the first time on Sunday past when they sang at the gospel concert during the last day of Homecoming.  They were so happy and sang so beautifully.  Who knew that it was their last time!!  To be honest, I don't remember their names, one resided in Freeport and the other worked for foreign affairs in NY.  Please pray for the family especially Bishop Pinder who is very ill, and as a matter of fact, their death is being kept from him out of fear that he will not take the news too well.  They said that the reason why they were on Long Island was to celebrate along with their parents their 53rd wedding anniversary. A joyous occasion, ends in tragedy.  God know best and he never put more on us than we can bear.  so sad.... 

MAY THEIR SOULS AND ALL OF THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED, REST IN PEACE!!!

So sorry to hear of your sad news:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But we are always told to live everyday as if it is our last, because we never know it just may be...

==================================

Janet40's avatar - yocco
      Nassau
      Bahamas
      Member #29884
      January 8, 2006
      1099 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2008, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

It is so sad losing a love one, imagine two My deepest sympathy goes out to the Family

bahama mama's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
        Nassau
        Bahamas
        Member #48381
        December 24, 2006
        855 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2008, 8:50 am - IP Logged

My deepest sympathy goes out to the family.

Blue AngelBlue Angel

dbello's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #26915
          November 24, 2005
          6189 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2008, 8:59 am - IP Logged

It is so sad losing a love one, imagine two My deepest sympathy goes out to the Family

Read the news - it was three persons.  Still sad.

chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
            Member #31284
            January 27, 2006
            8962 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2008, 9:06 am - IP Logged

I read this in the papers this morning

Sad indeed

Rest in Peace.

THALIA's avatar - Lottery-021.jpg
              Nassau
              Bahamas
              Member #4883
              May 31, 2004
              497 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2008, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

I read this in the papers this morning

Sad indeed

Rest in Peace.

My deepest sympathy and condolances goes out to the Pinder Family.

Rest in Peace............