Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you feel when...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Rainmaker101.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Southwest Florida
United States
Member #56183
November 6, 2007
75 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2008, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

How do you feel when you miss a lottery game?

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1954 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2008, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

It's a bummer, but life goes on.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2008, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

I say it was meant to be.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: July 30, 2008, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand the question.  If you are a regular player, you either play or you don't.  How can you "miss" a game? If you need to go out of town, then just buy a few advanced plays.  When I worked until 9:00 in a store, I'd buy my tickets on the way to work.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.  Do you mean "How do you feel when you don't win a game?"

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: July 30, 2008, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand the question.  If you are a regular player, you either play or you don't.  How can you "miss" a game? If you need to go out of town, then just buy a few advanced plays.  When I worked until 9:00 in a store, I'd buy my tickets on the way to work.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.  Do you mean "How do you feel when you don't win a game?"

Let's say I wasn't aware of advanced play. Also, I missed a game because Miguel asked me to play golf, and I got side tracked. How would you feel?

I miss games all the time. Just meant to be...lol  Hyper

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2008, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Well, if you were playing golf and didn't think about the lottery, then you didn't miss it, right?  I mean, you didn't play it, but that's not the same as missing it.  Let's say you were at home tonight listening to some great music or sitting outside talking to neighbors and looking at the moon.  During that time there was a show on the Discovery Channel about the mating habits of polar bears.  Did you miss that show?

Everyday there are 2 pick-3 games, 2 pick-4 games, a Fantasy-5 game, Lotto twice a week and MegaMoney twice a week.  Pretty soon PB will be here.  So, unless you have a serious gambling problem, you will always "miss" one game or another.   

Now, I suppose you could miss a game you always play by falling asleep on the sofa watching the 6:00 news or after eating dinner.  However, if that happens, chances are the game isn't a very big deal for you.  I mean, it's not like missing a flight or missing the runway or missing your wedding. 

On the other hand - if I completely forgot to play a game I always play because I got the days mixed up and thought today was Tuesday and the numbers I've played for years were drawn, there aren't enough words to describe how I'd feel.  Actually, there isn't enough Valium either.

So I think I just answered the original question.  LOL

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2008, 12:05 am - IP Logged

How do you feel when you miss a lottery game?

Do you mean miss the lottery as in miss playing one day or miss the lottery as in you missed winning the lottery that you played?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2008, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Well, if you were playing golf and didn't think about the lottery, then you didn't miss it, right?  I mean, you didn't play it, but that's not the same as missing it.  Let's say you were at home tonight listening to some great music or sitting outside talking to neighbors and looking at the moon.  During that time there was a show on the Discovery Channel about the mating habits of polar bears.  Did you miss that show?

Everyday there are 2 pick-3 games, 2 pick-4 games, a Fantasy-5 game, Lotto twice a week and MegaMoney twice a week.  Pretty soon PB will be here.  So, unless you have a serious gambling problem, you will always "miss" one game or another.   

Now, I suppose you could miss a game you always play by falling asleep on the sofa watching the 6:00 news or after eating dinner.  However, if that happens, chances are the game isn't a very big deal for you.  I mean, it's not like missing a flight or missing the runway or missing your wedding. 

On the other hand - if I completely forgot to play a game I always play because I got the days mixed up and thought today was Tuesday and the numbers I've played for years were drawn, there aren't enough words to describe how I'd feel.  Actually, there isn't enough Valium either.

Your first paragraph is asking crucial questions dealing with Quantum Physics, and theology.

BTW...yes...if you are outside admiring the moonlight, while there is a show about polar bears on T.V., inside, you did miss the show. Just ask paw....lol

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2008, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Just ask paw?  OMG.  You're Johnny Crawford! 

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
                    Washington *state*
                    United States
                    Member #62009
                    June 14, 2008
                    192 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2008, 3:07 am - IP Logged

lol..haha. I know what your asking.  But with me its different.  Wa Lotto, MM, Hit5 etc..etc..I don't play every draw for all these games.  I can't afford it.  So when I set an amount I will start buying tickets  (ei: MM 50M, Hit5 300,000, Wa Lotto 3M) I don't wait to buy because I think a bigger jackpot is better.. I simply buy when they are these sizes to help me cut back on spending $$ I don't have.  There were a few times awhile back when MM got HUGE HUGE, over 300M...remember?  I would race out when I could to buy my tickets and hope for the best.  But there were a few times with these JP's that I was too busy with something...  House work, my kids........cooking one of my award winning "forgettable" pies...etc etc..that it wasen't until I sat down and put my feet up did I say "$#@!&^%$%#!....%^$%...%$##@!*&..%%.*!!!!!!!!"  Yes, I had "missed" my lottery game.  Or better put, I had forgotten to play.  Now, knowing really deep, deep down that I had not actually "missed" anything..I'm never gonna win! (lol negativity is my middle name).  Though I should of been thinking about any kind of win, like even a smaller but good size win, I concentrated on the fact that I just lost the JACKPOT because I had missed or forgotten to play.

I have a new way of thinking thanks to my husband.  I had always felt that someday I'm going to win.  Like its my destiny:

From the web: "Since the dawn of time, man has believed in destiny.  The term "lottery" derives from lotto, the Italian word for destiny or fate."

If it were my "destiny" or my "fate" to win the lottery, then I will win no matter what happens.  I would win it if I could only afford a $5.00 ticket and not $50.00 worth like some can....I will win it even if I miss a play....I will win it if I play a qp.....destiny or fate I will win if I choose all the right numbers myself. 

I find that it makes me feel better thinking that I didn't mess something up in any way.  If I'm meant to win any amount, even the jackpot..it will happen.  I think everything happens for a reason.  So don't feel bad if you miss a game.  It just very well could be your destiny to win at the next draw!!!!Banana

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: July 31, 2008, 5:45 am - IP Logged

you mean like the time i forgot to play my pick 6, and all 6 numbers hit?

----

still hasnt happened Big Smile

and im trying hard to make sure it doesnt

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Southwest Florida
                        United States
                        Member #56183
                        November 6, 2007
                        75 Posts
                        Posted: July 31, 2008, 7:31 am - IP Logged

Yep!  That's exactly what I'm talking about!

Southwest Florida
                          United States
                          Member #56183
                          November 6, 2007
                          75 Posts
                          Posted: July 31, 2008, 7:41 am - IP Logged

#1.  That's exactly what I mean.  Let me use a different example.  Let's say you  are at work and the boss calls a meeting after work.  The meeting is scheduled to be over at 9:00pm.  By the time you get out of the meeting it's 10:45pm.  By then, you missed the draw(s).  How do you feel? 

#2.  I know there are multiple games, but, it would be hard (on my budget) to play them all, and I don't really want to play them all.

#3. That is another example of what I'm talking about!  Falling asleep on the couch after a hard day at work with every intention of getting up to run to your favorite store and get a couple of potential winners, but you wake up and it's 10:36pm and the machine is turned off for that days drawings.

#4.  Exactly!Wink

Last, you got it!  Sorry if I wasn't clear enough!Embarassed

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                            Washington State
                            United States
                            Member #33973
                            February 26, 2006
                            347 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2008, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Last Sunday I sat down to check my numbers for the state lotto game from Saturday night's drawing but couldn't find my ticket.  Then it dawned on me - I'd forgotten to play.  The jackpot had been over $9 million, so I had intended to do so.  Though I don't often play the state lotto, if both of the following criteria are met, I usually do.  (1) The jackpot is over $5 million.  (2) The MM jackpot is low enough that (due to its terrible odds) I'm not attracted to it instead, since I need to keep within a budget.  So I had "missed" a state game I would have played had I remembered.

How did I feel?  Great.  I saved five bucks, as I only had one correct number.  Even though I don't play all the time, I do choose my own numbers and keep play slips in my purse for both lotto and MM to use whenever the jackpots meet my criteria.   But because I don't play either game all the time and the drawings are on different days, it is easier to forget to pick up tickets for a game that does meet my criteria.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2008, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Every time I play, I pick a new list of combinations based on previous drawings so it take a while to come up with a list and make out new play slips.  Some times I don't complete the task before the drawing so I don't get a chance to play.  I have missed playing many times and only once did I miss winning a nice prize, so not playing once in a while is no big deal to me since most times I just avoid losing more money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking