Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

your favorite lottery game and why is that game your favorite?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

pick 3 [ 8 ]  [19.05%]
pick 4 [ 4 ]  [9.52%]
pick 5 [ 7 ]  [16.67%]
state lotto [ 2 ]  [4.76%]
powerball [ 4 ]  [9.52%]
mega millions [ 10 ]  [23.81%]
keno [ 1 ]  [2.38%]
scratch offs [ 4 ]  [9.52%]
hot lotto [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
other (explain) [ 2 ]  [4.76%]
Total Valid Votes [ 42 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2008, 7:27 am - IP Logged

pick 4 because even on a 50 cent hit you'd win 2,500 dollars so one hit could carry you almost all year.

last time i hit was february 17,2007 in tennessee  B.C. (before computerized)

Litebets27's avatar - power
    Maryland
    United States
    Member #10465
    January 14, 2005
    6065 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2008, 8:30 am - IP Logged

The past two weeks, I have been having more success playng keno. Here in Maryland we have keno that runs every 3 minutes, all day long. I like to stop and play after work because it's a source of relaxation as long as there are no people around me that want to carry on long and loud conversations.

I enjoy sratch-offs because I like to take them home to scratch and enjoy a win at home also. I also buy several games of keno to take home and check on line. This gives me something to cash in the next day when my 3 and 4 digits don't win. The only problem with checking the keno results is that there is such a long delay in the keno posting on Maryland's official lottery website.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2008, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Other...I live in Ky and like the Win For Life and the 3 Line Lotto games..

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
        Connecticut
        United States
        Member #61623
        May 29, 2008
        20581 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2008, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Pick 3.....

Because 1 number a month with some pepper($2-$4 )on it puts me in a whole new tax braket tax free.I have a better chance hitting 500+ sooner than trying to save it.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8359 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2008, 11:34 am - IP Logged

pick 4 more bang for the buck $$$$

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2008, 1:28 pm - IP Logged
            You voted for this choicepick 5[ 1 ] [9.09%]

I am working on a system for it... Doing quite well. 

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2008, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

At the moment, I don't really have a favorite game. My state doesn't offer a Pick 4 or Pick 5 game yet. Otherwise, my answer would probably be different.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                CT
                United States
                Member #61398
                May 21, 2008
                781 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2008, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I like the Pick 5 games, 5/35, 5/39.  Easier to predict than powerball, and a win would still put you at $100,000 or more... 

Talking Rock, GA
                  United States
                  Member #60369
                  April 15, 2008
                  398 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2008, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

I like scratchers myself.  It seems like I have 67582768758679075906793670476 (ok....maybe not THAT much Razz ) times more luck and winners than I do with any other type of game. Big Grin

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10344 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2008, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

My favorite is Illinois Little Lotto, a  5/39 game. It used to be 5/30 and I wish it still was, but oh well.

While the Pick 6 and 5 + 1 games pay more for a jackpot (and 5 + 0 is nice, too), hitting them is really a dream.

Pick 5 is too, but you just might actually hit such a game in your lifetime!

Still not easy to overcome better than half a illion to one odds, but easier than overcoming 20 million to 1 to 176 million to one odds.

In this particular game there is a drawing everynight, and so far for 2008 there has been a jackpot hot every 2.66 days. That comes out to 130 to 140 jackpots paid out a year.

Pick 6 and 5 + 1 games don't  even have that many drawings a year.

That said, if I knew there was a way to hit the Pick 3 consistently without spending more than you win, I would have voted for Pick 3. It would be sweet to hit regularly, with no paperwork and no taxes.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2008, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't really have a favorite, since my favorite would be the one I win!  But if I had to choose it would be the FL Fantasy-5 which is a 5/36 game.  Much higher odds than pick-3 but also considerably lower odds than Lotto which is a 6/53 game.  This year I've won 4/5 a few times too.   Othewise, I agree with Coin Toss when he wrote

" if I knew there was a way to hit the Pick 3 consistently without spending more than you win, I would have voted for Pick 3. It would be sweet to hit regularly, with no paperwork and no taxes." 

One $500 win a week would be very sweet.  Actually, even a boxed pick 3 paying $330 would be nice.  (over $1,300 a month extra money)   

At this time, I need to stick to a budget, so I only play pick-5 and Lotto.

Guess I didn't answer the question! LOL  Crazy

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7295 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2008, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

pick 4 because even on a 50 cent hit you'd win 2,500 dollars so one hit could carry you almost all year.

last time i hit was february 17,2007 in tennessee  B.C. (before computerized)

I'd probably say pick-4 too because of the win potential on a small bet. The first time I caught it straight, I played two combinations; each for 50 cents straight and boxed and winning $2600 for only betting 2 bucks. Most state lotteries have made it easy to cash and collect the $5000 after hitting straight on $1 bet. It took me less than an hour to get the cash or checks on my hits. 

Mega Millions has a much higher win potential but my least favorite game because of the low win expectation. I'd have to play $40 worth of tickets in one draw just expecting to win anything and that "win" will probably be $10 or under.  I've had more pick-4 straight wins than matching 4 numbers in the 5/37 and 5/39 games so realistically I shouldn't expect to match more than 4 numbers playing Mega Millions.

Ohio will be having Keno drawings every 4 minutes 7 days a week starting on Monday and the payoffs are a little better than the similar games in WVA and Michigan so it might be my favorite game in a couple of weeks.

Or my least favorite. LOL

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7295 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2008, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't really have a favorite, since my favorite would be the one I win!  But if I had to choose it would be the FL Fantasy-5 which is a 5/36 game.  Much higher odds than pick-3 but also considerably lower odds than Lotto which is a 6/53 game.  This year I've won 4/5 a few times too.   Othewise, I agree with Coin Toss when he wrote

" if I knew there was a way to hit the Pick 3 consistently without spending more than you win, I would have voted for Pick 3. It would be sweet to hit regularly, with no paperwork and no taxes." 

One $500 win a week would be very sweet.  Actually, even a boxed pick 3 paying $330 would be nice.  (over $1,300 a month extra money)   

At this time, I need to stick to a budget, so I only play pick-5 and Lotto.

Guess I didn't answer the question! LOL  Crazy

It was a coin toss for me between pick-4 and the 5/39 Rolling Cash 5 game. I chose the former because I did hit it straight a few times but I was betting more than $5 a drawing. RC-5 pays $1 for matching 2 numbers and Fantasy 5 gets a free ticket so at least we're getting something back on our bet and over time that reduces the cost of play trying to catch the next jackpot.

Pick-4 games pay nothing for matching some of the digits or for matching the first 3 digits straight unless we bet more money on the same combo. I guess it depends if one would rather collect a small something for being "close" than shaking their head and tossing the tickets into the waste basket.

We see many more discussions on plans after winning MM and PB than we see plans for actually winning. I suppose dreaming is part of those game but I can't see how they can expect to win anything playing $5 worth of QPs no matter how high the jackpots gets. Besides, the RC-5 and Fantasy 5 jackpot winners get no national publicity and won't have to read comments about how stupid they are by the "experts" that probably never cashed for over $10.

I wouldn't mind reading how "dumb" I am after winning $150,000 in a pick-5 game even if I played 1-2-3-4-5.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2008, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring

"But if I had to choose it would be the FL Fantasy-5 which is a 5/36game.  Much higher odds than pick-3 but also considerably lower odds than Lotto which is a 6/53 game. "

$1 Straight

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                              Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: August 2, 2008, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Don't do that to me Coin Toss!   I signed on to my mail last night and I guess how many messages were in my spam folder?  777

This morning I signed on to my mail and, I'm not kidding, the number was 666.

I think I should change my email address.  LOL

BTW, just a note about pick-5.  In FL last night there were 5 winners, each winning approx $48K and 4 were QPs (1 Free Play QP) & 1 was a self-pick.  The numbers were 2-10-11-12-15.  All low (this is a 5 out of 36 game) and they were QPs, not birthdays.