Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What kind of car would you buy?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 8 years ago by GamerMom.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Northern Ohio
United States
Member #63551
August 1, 2008
203 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2008, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

What kind of car or cars would you buy if you won the lottery? Let's say one of the bigger jackpot games such as MM or PB.

I'd get a 2009 Corvette, yellow. Manual transmission with all the options.

I'd also get a Hummer, green or silver, with all the options.

What about yourself?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49642 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2008, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/07/laugh-at-high-g.html

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2008, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

The first cars on my list:

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

2009 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Gonna win.Big Smile

One2Adore's avatar - butterfly2
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #50566
        March 8, 2007
        88 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2008, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

I keep changing mines.  But my dream car/vehicle of late has been the Range Rover with all the options.  I also like the new Jaguar.  That thing is nothing but pure hotness!!  I've also been thinking about not actually buying a new car first off, but leasing one instead.  That way if feel after a while that I don't like it, I haven't spent 10's of thousands of dollars for nothing.  Not that money would probably matter at that point.  LOL

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2008, 12:05 am - IP Logged

I always wanted a Yugo. Classic car !

Second choice would be a GMC Pacer...Chick magnet.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2008, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I would get a Toyota Tundra and a Dodge Viper. The Viper I would have a custom paint job on. I would paint it dusty pink with white stripes down the middle.

Big Grin

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2008, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I always wanted a Yugo. Classic car !

Second choice would be a GMC Pacer...Chick magnet.

AMC.   Ooooh.  My kind of car.  Except you've got to admit the Gremlin was pretty sexy! 

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2008, 12:27 am - IP Logged

A everyday driver that gets excellent gas mileage. I was thinking of a Tesla Roadster for a little flashier car but with the issues they've had I might reconsider, Corvette ZR1 sounds like a plan. Then probably a truck for when I need the room.

You can't predict random.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2008, 12:30 am - IP Logged

AMC.   Ooooh.  My kind of car.  Except you've got to admit the Gremlin was pretty sexy! 

Oops...I meant AMC...lol

This just means the heinekens are doing their job...lol

And it's been a long long day.

BTW... I do have a Gremlin. It really likes getting it's oil changed, quite frequently. Well..... you have to, after all those spills. Banana

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2008, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Not too many people here seem to care about the energy crisis!   I'd probably get a Honda Accord.   I've owned 2 of them, but I haven't test driven an Accord in a long time.  My Camry is only a couple of years old, so I probably wouldn't get another vehicle for a while.

Alexandria, Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #57435
                      January 4, 2008
                      61 Posts
                      Posted: August 3, 2008, 12:58 am - IP Logged

The car of my dream that I would get is a Red Ferarri.  Mann its hot.  Hot looks with hot speed.  I would get it right now if I had big money.  Everyday I dream of it and that one day I will have one for real but when.  This is the question I ask my destiny.  PLS give me one.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3102 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2008, 1:36 am - IP Logged

My dream car would be to have another 1962 Chrysler Imperial convertible.  My current fun car is a 1988 Lebaron convertible, but it isn't the same.  If I won enough I would buy a house with enough land I could put up a 5,000 sq ft storage building and buy up all the classic cars I once owned.  66 T-Bird, 62 Imperial, 76 Fiat X-19, 69 Camaro conv, 67 Fleetwood, 76 Cordoba, 62 Studebaker Hawk, 63 Rambler Classic 770, Sunbeam Alpine, Triumph Spitfire, 280z, Opel GT. Of what I never owned, but always wanted to I'd add an Avanti, 88 Corvette, 88 Allante, Alfa Romeo, BMW 328i, Mercedes 280 SL and a King Midget.  Then I'd start looking at what else is out there.  BobP

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                          Republic of Texas
                          United States
                          Member #57557
                          January 9, 2008
                          1095 Posts
                          Posted: August 3, 2008, 1:52 am - IP Logged

With a really solid jackpot, it would have to be an Audi S5 2 dr coupe.  For the 2nd vehicle, BMW X6.  For fun 1958 Corvette Conv, panama yellow with white coves. Thumbs Up

For a smaller jackpot, I could make due with a Buick Enclave.

I don't think I would have to worry too much about higher gas mileage as I do now.  I'd probably buy my two college kids a hybrid.  However, I had someone comment to me about how the potential environmental hazard of the run down and useless batteries outweigh the use of the gas/electric hybrid.  But then we could always used up that excess corn we used to send to starving people in other countries.

...rant over...sorry.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3102 Posts
                            Posted: August 3, 2008, 2:15 am - IP Logged

With a really solid jackpot, it would have to be an Audi S5 2 dr coupe.  For the 2nd vehicle, BMW X6.  For fun 1958 Corvette Conv, panama yellow with white coves. Thumbs Up

For a smaller jackpot, I could make due with a Buick Enclave.

I don't think I would have to worry too much about higher gas mileage as I do now.  I'd probably buy my two college kids a hybrid.  However, I had someone comment to me about how the potential environmental hazard of the run down and useless batteries outweigh the use of the gas/electric hybrid.  But then we could always used up that excess corn we used to send to starving people in other countries.

...rant over...sorry.

I agree, the whole problem is our tech is based on selling us something over and over like batteries and gasoline and electric for recharging and LPG if they can make it safe.  I've refueled LPG forklifts and it can be scary at times, not something for the corner gas station.  The real cure is what I'm betting they will never let us have.   Check out the air powered car.
                            h t t p : / / gas2.org/category/cars/air-cars/  note no www. remove the spaces.   Of course when I win the lottery I won't need to worry about the price of gas unless they do away with personal vehicles, arrrrrrrrrgh!

BobP

Northern Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #63551
                              August 1, 2008
                              203 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2008, 3:40 am - IP Logged

Not too many people here seem to care about the energy crisis!   I'd probably get a Honda Accord.   I've owned 2 of them, but I haven't test driven an Accord in a long time.  My Camry is only a couple of years old, so I probably wouldn't get another vehicle for a while.

justxploring, the "energy crisis" you refer to is an extremely relative term.

If you asked me what kind of house I'd buy, I would reply that I would have it built from scratch, but using state of the art materials; the best that my money could buy. That would allow a 5,000 square foot house to equate to a 1,500 square foot house in temrs of energy usage.

A Hummer is an excellent vehicle in the winter. Nearly infallible, in fact. As for the Corvette, I've always wanted one since I was a kid.

Gas prices are not ever going down. Nothing we can do about it, including buying energy-saving vehicles, will change that. The problem lies in China and India, which are on their way to becoming economic superpowers in their own right. Eventually, all vehicles, including Corvettes, Hummers, Ferriris, etc, will be forced to become first hybrids, then fuel cells.

Anyway, my point is, there is no "energy crisis": there is plenty of energy to go around! It's a matter of politics and economics and eventually it will all level out.