Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pennsylvania Lottery thoughts

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by aaaok.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #63712
August 5, 2008
19 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2008, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I happened to e-mail several PA state politicians about the following back in June 2008: Good afternoon. I wanted to contact you concerning the Pennsylvania Lottery. I would like to see the lottery do more TV/radio/newspaper, etc. ads promoting the following games: The Daily Number, Big 4, Cash 5, Mix and Match, Match 6 and Treasure hunt, AND THE mid-day games like the Daily number, Big 4 and Treasure hunt.  Also the lottery should do ads promoting the daytime drawings and the live nighttime TV drawings that take place at 6:59 PM every night.  The nighttime TV drawings air on the following stations the state: WGAL, WPVI, WJET, WJAC, WNEP and KDKA.  I don't understand why these games and the daily drawings are not being promoted enough by the lottery? Also the correct time should be given on pages of the Pennsylvania lottery web site, play slips, etc., as to when the nighttime drawings and powerball take place. It is approximately 6:59 PM, not 7 PM for the nighttime TV drawings and 10:59 PM, not 11 PM for the powerball on Wednesdays and Saturdays. My mom sometimes tune to the nightly drawings exactly at 7 PM and see misses most of the drawing because of that so I really wished that the lottery will clear up this confusion as to the times of when people should tune in to see the drawings. Also I want the lottery to do something about the slowness of the balls being drawn in the Mix and Match machine during the nighttime drawings on Mondays and Thursdays. On some nights it would be very slow for the numbers to be drawn from the machine. The balls should come out of the machine much faster than it currently is because the drawing show is 1 minute and 30 SECONDS long. In addition, for some reason the camera shots for the Cash 5, Mix and Match and Match 6 as well as the Daily number and big 4 is inconsistent and the camera shots sometimes seems too far away and not a close up shot and at times it is hard to see what numbers are drawn because it looks so small and hard to see but when the camera shots are close up, I can see the numbers clearly. Can something be done to correct this issue? Would it be possible that you can forward this message to someone at the lottery and ask that these problems be look into?  If you have any comments on this, please e-mail me back. Thank you.

United States
    Member #63712
    August 5, 2008
    19 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2008, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Any comments on this?

United States
      Member #63712
      August 5, 2008
      19 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2008, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

bump

United States
        Member #63712
        August 5, 2008
        19 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2008, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Posters, I would appreciate it if you can please comment about what I said this here in this thread. Thanks

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2008, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

I live in Ky so I really don't care..Besides your post is way way to long..

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4528 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2008, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

okay as a fellow resident of PA and proud overtaxed citizen here is my comment-

give them a short, straight and precise directive . Certainly they love feedback and sometimes being brief is better then long winded.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2008, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Is the new game "Quinto" computerized or not?

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2008, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Any comments on this?

Sure. Politicians have much better things to do than micromanage the lottery.

pittsburgh
                  United States
                  Member #51040
                  March 25, 2007
                  457 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2008, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Is the new game "Quinto" computerized or not?

I would think its is since they are going to have it for daytime and night i believe.

Which sucks now because my 3 digit numbers would come up in the big 4, and now that they are adding 5 more machines, which can get rearranged anywhere. So now my numbers can come up on the pick 5. More of a reason for me to stop playing the night time lottery.

I think they caught onto me, and i just figured it out!!!!

pittsburgh
                    United States
                    Member #51040
                    March 25, 2007
                    457 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2008, 9:12 am - IP Logged

I happened to e-mail several PA state politicians about the following back in June 2008: Good afternoon. I wanted to contact you concerning the Pennsylvania Lottery. I would like to see the lottery do more TV/radio/newspaper, etc. ads promoting the following games: The Daily Number, Big 4, Cash 5, Mix and Match, Match 6 and Treasure hunt, AND THE mid-day games like the Daily number, Big 4 and Treasure hunt.  Also the lottery should do ads promoting the daytime drawings and the live nighttime TV drawings that take place at 6:59 PM every night.  The nighttime TV drawings air on the following stations the state: WGAL, WPVI, WJET, WJAC, WNEP and KDKA.  I don't understand why these games and the daily drawings are not being promoted enough by the lottery? Also the correct time should be given on pages of the Pennsylvania lottery web site, play slips, etc., as to when the nighttime drawings and powerball take place. It is approximately 6:59 PM, not 7 PM for the nighttime TV drawings and 10:59 PM, not 11 PM for the powerball on Wednesdays and Saturdays. My mom sometimes tune to the nightly drawings exactly at 7 PM and see misses most of the drawing because of that so I really wished that the lottery will clear up this confusion as to the times of when people should tune in to see the drawings. Also I want the lottery to do something about the slowness of the balls being drawn in the Mix and Match machine during the nighttime drawings on Mondays and Thursdays. On some nights it would be very slow for the numbers to be drawn from the machine. The balls should come out of the machine much faster than it currently is because the drawing show is 1 minute and 30 SECONDS long. In addition, for some reason the camera shots for the Cash 5, Mix and Match and Match 6 as well as the Daily number and big 4 is inconsistent and the camera shots sometimes seems too far away and not a close up shot and at times it is hard to see what numbers are drawn because it looks so small and hard to see but when the camera shots are close up, I can see the numbers clearly. Can something be done to correct this issue? Would it be possible that you can forward this message to someone at the lottery and ask that these problems be look into?  If you have any comments on this, please e-mail me back. Thank you.

Now what you are saying about this, i dont care about their advertising. Truthfully i would like them to hold onto all the money they got, and wait for me to win it off of them.