Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hit 100 (TN) tickets

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by armywife.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
clarksville
United States
Member #62814
July 9, 2008
6 Posts
Posted: August 10, 2008, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Hi all---this is my first post.

Me and and a friend put some money together today to play the new HIT 100 tickets, because of the amount of remaining prizes.  To our surprise all of them where losers. The remaining prizes are over 14500 for the top prizes. The clerk then told us, that he's watched several people today and they all lost. He hadn't cashed in a single one since they arrived at the store.

This seems very surprising, considering the amount of prizes for this ticket. Has anyone of you won with the HIT 100 tickets?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2008, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Nope I have not, but I don't live in TN and I don't play scratch offs that much. Maybe someone who does will hopefully be able to give you an answer.

By the way, welcome to Lottery Post!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

clarksville
      United States
      Member #62814
      July 9, 2008
      6 Posts
      Posted: August 11, 2008, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Thank you for your welcome. Smile

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #63871
        August 11, 2008
        2 Posts
        Posted: August 11, 2008, 2:06 am - IP Logged

i work in a store just north of nashville and you are right about not hitting the $100. I have not cashed in one of the $100 prizes yet. I also asked my coworkers the same thing and they haven't either. I watched a guy spend $50 today on that game and only won a free ticket.

clarksville
          United States
          Member #62814
          July 9, 2008
          6 Posts
          Posted: August 11, 2008, 2:21 am - IP Logged

Oh wow. The poor guy---I bet his thinking was similar to ours. We only played because we thought there would be good chance of winning atleast the $25 for the fun.  Our clerk today was so dissapointed in our loss (nice guy) that he even scanned some losers---just to make sure.

Hmmm, where are those 14500 winners hiding (not including the smaller prizes)?

Wishing you much luck. Smile

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
            North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2008, 3:00 am - IP Logged

I hit $100 on a $2 ticket today; however, it wasn't Hit 100.  I bought some a few days ago...  Five tickets in a row and nothing.  There is no way I'll ever play those tickets again.  The cashier there also said that people are just not winning on those tickets.  By the way, if you're interested in a good ticket...  Play Cool as Dice.  That's what I won my $100 on today and the overall odds are AWESOME!!!  They are 1:3.2 where as the odds for Hit 100 are 1:4.39.  Remember there are millions of tickets out there and overall odds are out of the millions in circulation.  In other words cool as dice has a lot more winners than hit 100.  Give it a try!

How are you going to win if you don't play?

clarksville
              United States
              Member #62814
              July 9, 2008
              6 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2008, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Hi Tnplayer. Thanks for the info on the Cool as Dice ticket. 

I agree with you --I will never play HIT 100 again. I should of stuck with Jumbo-Bucks for the same price that day.

To be honest --we didn't look at the odds--just the remaining prizes.

Sorry you didn't win with HIT 100 either.  I stopped at the gasstaion yesterday and asked the same clerk if someone had won yet and he told me NO again.

Big congrats on your DICE win. Dance

May you win more.

Talking Rock, GA
                United States
                Member #60369
                April 15, 2008
                398 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2008, 10:58 am - IP Logged

From what I'm reading here, it seems like they're just like GA's Hit $100 tickets.  I've spoken to employees (most of them know me pretty well by now Big Grin ) at several stores that I've been to for tickets in the past and only one store has sold like......3 of the $100 winners.  The other stores have sold either none or one $100 winner.

If memory serves me right, I *think* there was a thread (or I might have been to a site and saw the odds for myself....don't remember exactly) about a similar game (in Florida I think) where the grand prize was something like $100 and the odds of winning the $100 compared to other tickets was absolute crap.  Since TN and GA aren't releasing detailed odds like FL and SC (with even more details)......I'd have to think the same thing.....the odds on the individual prizes themselves are probably crap on Hit $100s.

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                  Member #48046
                  December 7, 2006
                  1699 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2008, 11:19 am - IP Logged

I saw one posted in a store yesterday

......it won $10 dollars in every scratch      for $100 dollars.

clarksville
                    United States
                    Member #62814
                    July 9, 2008
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2008, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I hit $100 on a $2 ticket today; however, it wasn't Hit 100.  I bought some a few days ago...  Five tickets in a row and nothing.  There is no way I'll ever play those tickets again.  The cashier there also said that people are just not winning on those tickets.  By the way, if you're interested in a good ticket...  Play Cool as Dice.  That's what I won my $100 on today and the overall odds are AWESOME!!!  They are 1:3.2 where as the odds for Hit 100 are 1:4.39.  Remember there are millions of tickets out there and overall odds are out of the millions in circulation.  In other words cool as dice has a lot more winners than hit 100.  Give it a try!

Thanks again Tnplayer. I tried your tip and bought a $2 Cool as Dice ticket. I won $10 on it. Yay.